- Maternal weight characteristics influence recurrence of fetal macrosomia in women with normal glucose tolerance
UCD Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College of Dublin, National Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 47:399-401. 2007
..032), greater initial pregnancy weight (P < 0.05) and total weight gain during second pregnancy (P < 0.01). Women delivering a first macrosomic infant should avoid excessive weight gain before and during a subsequent pregnancy...
- Approaches to the management of antenatally diagnosed congenital tumours
Department of Fetal and Maternal Medicine, National Maternity Hospital, Dublin 2, Republic of Ireland
Pediatr Radiol 39:1173-8. 2009
- Fetal death in twins
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Maternity Hospital, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 90:1274-80. 2011
..To examine the pattern and prospective risk of intrauterine fetal death (IUFD) in twin pregnancy by chorionicity...
- Low glycaemic index diet in pregnancy to prevent macrosomia (ROLO study): randomised control trial
Jennifer M Walsh
UCD Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, National Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
BMJ 345:e5605. 2012
..To determine if a low glycaemic index diet in pregnancy could reduce the incidence of macrosomia in an at risk group...
- The association of maternal and fetal glucose homeostasis with fetal adiposity and birthweight
Jennifer M Walsh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 159:338-41. 2011
..To examine the association between maternal and fetal glucose levels and fetal adiposity and infant birthweight...
- A randomised control trial of low glycaemic index carbohydrate diet versus no dietary intervention in the prevention of recurrence of macrosomia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College Dublin National Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 10:16. 2010
..Fetal macrosomia recurs in a second pregnancy in one third of women, and maternal weight influences this recurrence risk 3...
- Definition of intertwin birth weight discordance
Fionnuala M Breathnach
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, Ireland
Obstet Gynecol 118:94-103. 2011
..To establish the level of birth weight discordance at which perinatal morbidity increases in monochorionic and dichorionic twin pregnancy...
- Outcome of second delivery after prior macrosomic infant in women with normal glucose tolerance
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Maternity Hospital and University College Dublin, Ireland
Obstet Gynecol 107:857-62. 2006
..Conversely, primiparous macrosomic cesarean delivery conveyed a high risk (56%) for repeat intrapartum cesarean whether macrosomia recurred or not. LEVEL OF EVIDENCE: II-2...