Jean Michel Heraud
Affiliation: Institut Pasteur de Madagascar
- Viral etiology of influenza-like illnesses in Antananarivo, Madagascar, July 2008 to June 2009Norosoa Harline Razanajatovo
Virology Unit, National Influenza Centre, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, Madagascar
PLoS ONE 6:e17579. 2011..In Madagascar, despite an influenza surveillance established since 1978, little is known about the etiology and prevalence of viruses other than influenza causing influenza-like illnesses (ILIs)...
- Epidemiological and virological characterization of 2009 pandemic influenza A virus subtype H1N1 in MadagascarArnaud Orelle
National Influenza Center, Virology Unit, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Université d Ankatso, Antananarivo, Madagascar
J Infect Dis 206:S140-7. 2012..The outbreak started in the capital city, Antananarivo, and then spread throughout the country from October 2009 through February 2010...
- Spatiotemporal circulation of influenza viruses in 5 African countries during 2008-2009: a collaborative study of the Institut Pasteur International NetworkJean Michel Heraud
National Influenza Center, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, Madagascar
J Infect Dis 206:S5-13. 2012..Although recent work has described the spatiotemporal diffusion of influenza viruses worldwide, comprehensive data on spatiotemporal patterns of influenza from the African continent and Madagascar are still lacking...
- Short message service sentinel surveillance of influenza-like illness in Madagascar, 2008-2012Soatiana Rajatonirina
Unite d Epidemiologie, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, Madagascar
Bull World Health Organ 90:385-9. 2012....
- The spread of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus in Madagascar described by a sentinel surveillance networkSoatiana Rajatonirina
Epidemiologic Unit, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, Madagascar
PLoS ONE 7:e37067. 2012..In Antananarivo, the first imported case was reported on August 12, 2009. This work describes the spread of A(H1N1)pdm09 in Madagascar...
- Dried-blood spots: a cost-effective field method for the detection of Chikungunya virus circulation in remote areasSoa Fy Andriamandimby
Virology Unit, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, Madagascar
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2339. 2013..These outbreaks revealed the lack of surveillance and preparedness of Madagascar and other countries. Thus, it was decided in 2007 to establish a syndrome-based surveillance network to monitor dengue-like illness...
- Rotavirus genotypes in children in the community with diarrhea in MadagascarRichter Razafindratsimandresy
Unité de virologie, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, Madagascar
J Med Virol 85:1652-60. 2013..These findings give an overview of the strains circulating in Madagascar and should help public health authorities to define a vaccine strategy...
- Surveillance and control of rabies in La Reunion, Mayotte, and MadagascarSoa Fy Andriamandimby
National Laboratory for Rabies, Virology Unit, route de l Institut Pasteur, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, BP 1274, 101 Antananarivo, Madagascar
Vet Res 44:77. 2013..To address these challenges, an expanded program to control rabies needs to be initiated by the Malagasy authorities. ..
- Outcome risk factors during respiratory infections in a paediatric ward in Antananarivo, Madagascar 2010-2012Soatiana Rajatonirina
Epidemiologic Unit, Institut Pasteur from Madagascar, Antananarivo, Madagascar
PLoS ONE 8:e72839. 2013..The aim of the study was to evaluate the risk factors associated with the evolution and outcome of respiratory illnesses in patients aged under 5 years old...
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever serosurvey in at-risk professionals, Madagascar, 2008 and 2009Soa Fy Andriamandimby
National Reference Laboratory for Arboviruses and Viruses of Hemorrhagic Fever, Virology Unit, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, route de l Institut Pasteur, BP 1274, Antananarivo 101, Madagascar
J Clin Virol 52:370-2. 2011..CCHF virus (CCHFV) has been isolated once in Madagascar but data on the epidemiology of the disease in the country are very scarce...
- Sentinel surveillance system for early outbreak detection in MadagascarLaurence Randrianasolo
Unite d Epidemiologie, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, République de Madagascar
BMC Public Health 10:31. 2010..We describe the challenges and steps involved in developing a sentinel surveillance system and the well-timed information it provides for improving public health decision-making...
- Laboratory surveillance of rabies in humans, domestic animals, and bats in madagascar from 2005 to 2010Jean Marc Reynes
National Laboratory for Rabies, Virology Unit, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, route de l Institut Pasteur, BP 1274, 101 Antananarivo, Madagascar
Adv Prev Med 2011:727821. 2011..Conclusion. More than a century after the introduction of the vaccine, rabies still remains endemic in Madagascar...