Affiliation: Laboratory of Physiology and Biokinetics
Location: Itaperuna, Brazil
- Short recovery augments magnitude of muscle damage in high respondersMarco Machado
Laboratory of Physiology and Biokinetic, Faculty of Biological Sciences and Health, Universidade Iguaçu Campus V at Itaperuna, Itaperuna, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Med Sci Sports Exerc 42:1370-4. 2010..To examine serum creatine kinase (CK) activity after resistance exercise bouts with different rest intervals between sets and exercises in high responding (HR) and normal responding (NR) subjects...
- Caffeine does not augment markers of muscle damage or leukocytosis following resistance exerciseMarco Machado
Laboratory of Physiology and Biokinetic UNIG Campus V, Itaperuna, Brazil
Int J Sports Physiol Perform 5:18-26. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of caffeine ingestion before a resistance exercise session on markers of muscle damage (CK, LDH, ALT, AST) and leukocyte levels...
- Effect of varying rest intervals between sets of assistance exercises on creatine kinase and lactate dehydrogenase responsesMarco Machado
Laboratory of Physiology and Biokinetics, Faculty of Biological Sciences and Health, Iguaçu University Campus V at Itaperuna, Brazil
J Strength Cond Res 25:1339-45. 2011..These data indicate that the accumulated volume of work is the primary determinant of muscle damage in trained subjects who are accustomed to resistance exercise with short rest intervals...
- Rest interval between resistance exercise sets: length affects volume but not creatine kinase activity or muscle sorenessRenato Evangelista
Laboratory of Physiology and Biokinetics, Itaperuna, RJ, Brazil
Int J Sports Physiol Perform 6:118-27. 2011..To compare differences between two different rest interval lengths between sets on the volume completed, muscle damage and muscle soreness during a resistance exercise bout...
- Relationship of glomerular filtration rate and serum CK activity after resistance exercise in womenMarco Machado
Department of Physical Education, Universitary Foundation of Itaperuna, Itaperuna, Brazil
Int Urol Nephrol 44:515-21. 2012..924; P < 0.01), C-G (r = -0.884; P < 0.01), and MQCE (r = -0.644; P < 0.05). In conclusion, we observed a significant negative correlation between CK activity and the eGFR indices of renal function...
- Is exercise-induced muscle damage susceptibility body segment dependent? Evidence for whole body susceptibilityM Machado
Laboratory of Human Movement Studies Universitary Fundation of Itaperuna Itaperuna, RJ, Brazil
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 13:105-10. 2013....