Affiliation: University of Luxembourg
- Advising adolescents on the use of psychotropic medication: attitudes among medical and psychology studentsMichele Baumann
INtegrative research unit on Social and INdividual DEvelopment INSIDE, University of Luxembourg, Walferdange, Luxembourg
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 2:21. 2007..abstract:..
- School difficulties in immigrant adolescent students and roles of socioeconomic factors, unhealthy behaviours, and physical and mental healthKénora Chau
Service of Pedopsychiatry, Hôpital d Enfants de Nacy Brabois, Université de Lorraine, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
BMC Public Health 12:453. 2012....
- Life satisfaction two-years after stroke onset: the effects of gender, sex occupational status, memory function and quality of life among stroke patients (Newsqol) and their family caregivers (Whoqol-bref) in LuxembourgMichele Baumann
Medical Sociology, INSIDE Research Unit, University of Luxembourg, Walferdange, Luxembourg
BMC Neurol 12:105. 2012..This study assessed, two years post-stroke onset, the effects of these factors on patients' LS and family caregivers' LS in Luxembourg...
- Evaluation of the expectations osteoarthritis patients have concerning healthcare, and their implications for practitionersM Baumann
University of Luxembourg, INSIDE INtegrative research unit on Social and Individual DEvelopment, Walferdange, Luxembourg, and Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital of Nice, France
Clin Exp Rheumatol 25:404-9. 2007..The expectations of patients with osteoarthritis are essential for health care provision and may be used to improve the patient-doctor relationship...
- Associations of social and material deprivation with tobacco, alcohol, and psychotropic drug use, and gender: a population-based studyMichele Baumann
Ntegrative research unit on Social and Individual DEvelopment INSIDE, University of Luxembourg, Faculty LSHASE, Luxembourg
Int J Health Geogr 6:50. 2007..Greater knowledge concerning these issues may help public health policy-makers design more effective means of preventing substance abuse...
- Mental health (GHQ12; CES-D) and attitudes towards the value of work among inmates of a semi-open prison and the long-term unemployed in LuxembourgMichele Baumann
INtegrative research unit on Social and INdividual DEvelopment INSIDE, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
BMC Public Health 8:214. 2008..To analyse the relationships between mental health and employment commitment among prisoners and the long-term unemployed (LTU) trying to return to work...
- How patients perceive the therapeutic communications skills of their general practitioners, and how that perception affects adherence: use of the TCom-skill GP scale in a specific geographical areaMichele Baumann
INtegrative research unit on Social and Individual DEvelopment, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
BMC Health Serv Res 8:244. 2008....
- Psychological quality of life and its association with academic employability skills among newly-registered students from three European facultiesMichele Baumann
INSIDE Research Unit, University of Luxembourg, Walferdange L 7201 Luxembourg
BMC Psychiatry 11:63. 2011....
- Do male and female adolescents differ in the effect of individual and family characteristics on their use of psychotropic drugs?Michele Baumann
Integrative Research Unit Individual and Social Development, Faculty LSHASE, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Eur J Pediatr 166:29-35. 2007..Preventive measures should be taken to make adolescents and their parents more aware of the risks and to improve their living conditions...
- Experiences of caregiving, satisfaction of life, and social repercussions among family caregivers, two years post-strokeKatia Lurbe-Puerto
INtegrative research unit on Social and INdividual DEvelopment INSIDE, Walferdange, Luxembourg
Soc Work Health Care 51:725-42. 2012..Home-based rehabilitation in Europe involving family care must take account of cultural lifestyle issues...
- Life satisfaction of two-year post-stroke survivors: effects of socio-economic factors, motor impairment, Newcastle stroke-specific quality of life measure and World Health Organization quality of life: bref of informal caregivers in Luxembourg and a ruraMichele Baumann
University of Luxembourg, Research Unit INSIDE, Walferdange, Luxembourg
Cerebrovasc Dis 33:219-30. 2012..Life satisfaction of stroke survivors is known to be associated with socio-economic factors and the survivor's and his/her caregiver's quality of life, but their respective influence remains to be fully elucidated...
- Increased residual disability among poststroke survivors and the repercussions for the lives of informal caregiversMichele Baumann
University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Belgium
Top Stroke Rehabil 18:162-71. 2011..To analyze the associations between increased residual disability among poststroke survivors and the repercussions for their informal caregivers' lives, taking into account the latter's gender and education level...