- Cost-efficiency of laboratory testing among psychiatric inpatients
IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Av Reyes Catolicos 2, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Int J Psychiatry Med 44:211-24. 2012
..A set of tests to rule out medical conditions among psychiatric inpatients is still to be defined. A first step in this direction is to determine the utility of lab tests commonly used by psychiatrists...
- Suicidal phenotypes associated with family history of suicidal behavior and early traumatic experiences
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier, France
J Affect Disord 142:193-9. 2012
..We hypothesize that subjects with any of these risk factors will show differential features and that subjects with both of them will display more severe phenotypes...
- Personality disorder assessments in acute depressive episodes: stability at follow-up
Department of Psychiatry, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, Spain
J Nerv Ment Dis 200:526-30. 2012
..Axis II diagnoses in acutely depressed patients reassessed after 3 months are often stable and not associated with remission of or improvement in major depression...
- [Diagnostic errors and temporal stability in bipolar disorder]
Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 36:205-9. 2008
..The diagnosis of bipolar disorder is frequently modified during the course of the illness...
- Distinguishing the relevant features of frequent suicide attempters
Department of Psychiatry at Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Hospital and Autonoma University, Avenida Reyes Catolicos 2, 28040, Madrid, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 45:619-25. 2011
..We aim to investigate the relationships between clinical risk factors and the repetition of suicidal attempts...
- Gender effect on association between DRD2 polymorphism and substance dependence in a Spanish sample
Department of Psychiatry, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz University Hospital, Av Reyes Catolicos 2, Madrid 28040, Spain
Drug Alcohol Depend 101:210-2. 2009
..The finding of an association between substance dependence and the DRD2 gene TaqIA SNP only in males suggests the existence of gender-specific differences in the genetic underpinnings of substance dependence...
- Differences in maternal and paternal age between schizophrenia and other psychiatric disorders
Department of Psychiatry at Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Hospital and Autonoma University, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
Schizophr Res 116:184-90. 2010
..Maternal and paternal ages were higher for subjects diagnosed with mental retardation. Risk for psychotic disorders showed a significant linear increase only with advancing maternal age, and not paternal age as is more often reported...
- Specific features of suicidal behavior in patients with narcissistic personality disorder
Department of Psychiatry, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz University Hospital, Avenida Reyes Catolicos 2, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1583-7. 2009
- Short self-reported sleep duration and suicidal behavior: a cross-sectional study
Department of Psychiatry, Jimenez Diaz Foundation, IIS, Autonoma University, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
J Affect Disord 133:239-46. 2011
..Prior studies on the association between sleep disturbances and suicidal behavior did not explore whether or not short sleep is a marker of suicide intent, lethality or risk...
- Combining scales to assess suicide risk
Department of Psychiatry, Puerta de Hierro Hospital, CIBERSAM, Calle Manuel de Falla 1, 28222 Majadahonda, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 46:1272-7. 2012
..This article aims at identifying the most discriminative items from a collection of scales usually employed in the assessment of suicidal behavior...
- ATA homozigosity in the IL-10 gene promoter is a risk factor for schizophrenia in Spanish females: a case control study
Genetics Department, CAIBER Unit, IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Madrid, Spain
BMC Med Genet 12:81. 2011
- Sibship size, birth order, family structure and childhood mental disorders
Juan J Carballo
Department of Psychiatry, Jimenez Diaz Foundation, The Fundación Jiménez Díaz Institute for Medical Research IIS FJD Universidad Autónoma de Madrid UAM, Avenida Reyes Catolicos 2, 28040, Madrid, Spain
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:1327-33. 2013
..The aim of this study was to determine the role that birth order, sibship size and family structure have as risk factors in the development of common childhood mental disorders...
- Factors contributing to the utilization of adult mental health services in children and adolescents diagnosed with hyperkinetic disorder
Department of Psychiatry, IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Autonoma University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:451205. 2012
- Psychometrical assessment and item analysis of the General Health Questionnaire in victims of terrorism
Department of Statistics, Universidad Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Psychol Assess 25:279-87. 2013
..Item response analysis identified the most difficult and significant items for each factor...
- Dual diagnosis and suicide risk in a Spanish outpatient sample
Department of Psychiatry, Gregorio Maranon Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Subst Use Misuse 47:383-9. 2012
..6%). Dual patients showed several demographic and clinical differences and a higher risk for suicide than the other two comparison groups. Further research is needed to define suicide preventive strategies for dual patients...
- Early childhood sexual abuse increases suicidal intent
IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Department of Psychiatry, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
World Psychiatry 12:149-54. 2013
..This suggests that the characteristics of childhood sexual abuse, especially age of onset, should be considered when studying the risk for suicidal behavior in abused populations...
- [Brief Suicide Questionnaire. Inter-rater reliability]
Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, CIBERSAM, Espana
Rev Psiquiatr Salud Ment 5:24-36. 2012