- Co-infection with Cyclospora cayetanensis and Salmonella typhi in a patient with HIV infection and chronic diarrhoea
Brigada Médica Cubana en Haití Puerto Príncipe, Departamento Oeste, Haiti
Pathog Glob Health 107:38-9. 2013
..The patient was treated with oral ciprofloxacin, 500 mg, twice daily for two weeks, with a good clinical outcome...
- Low prevalence of Helicobacter pylori among symptomatic children from a hospital in Havana, Cuba
Department of Bacteriology, Tropical Medicine Institute Pedro Kourí IPK, Autopista Novia Mediodía Km 6, Havana, Cuba
J Trop Pediatr 58:231-4. 2012
..The prevalence of H. pylori infection in Cuban symptomatic children is similar to the one observed in developed countries. Culture and RUT is a useful combination to diagnose H. pylori infection in paediatric patients...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Cuba (1995-1999): implications for treatment of gonorrhea
Microbiology Branch, Tropical Medicine Institute Pedro Kouri, Havana, Cuba
Sex Transm Dis 30:10-4. 2003
..Antibiotic-resistant strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae, especially those resistant to penicillin and tetracycline, have spread with remarkable rapidity in many Caribbean countries...
- Evaluation of four methods for detecting the beta-lactamase activity in Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolated in Cuba
Departmento de Bacteriología, Instituto de Medicina Tropical Pedro Kouri, Apdo Postal 601, Marianao 13, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 98:1089-91. 2003
..gonorrhoeae in Cuba. We recommended the use of the inhibition method, when testing the penicillinase activity in gonococcal isolates in provincial and municipal reference laboratories...
- Phenotypic and genetic characterization of antimicrobial profiles of Helicobacter pylori strains in Cuba
Microbiology, Clinical and Epidemiology Branch, Institute Pedro Kouri, Havana, Cuba
J Health Popul Nutr 28:124-9. 2010
..This study supports the need to continue monitoring the antibiotic susceptibility in H. pylori in Cuba to guide the treatment of such infection...
- High percentages of resistance to tetracycline and penicillin and reduced susceptibility to azithromycin characterize the majority of strain types of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates in Cuba, 1995-1998
Instituto de Medicina Tropical Pedro Kouri, Havana, Cuba
Sex Transm Dis 30:443-8. 2003
..The Gonococcal Antimicrobial Surveillance Program (GASP) in Cuba was established as part of a larger regional GASP program to facilitate the collection and reporting of antimicrobial susceptibility data for N gonorrhoeae isolates...
- Evaluation of the BIOCEN GC agar medium base in antimicrobial susceptibility testing of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
Department of Bacteriology, Tropical Medicine Institute Pedro Kourí IPK, La Habana, Cuba
Arch Med Res 36:344-9. 2005
..We evaluated three lots of GC agar medium base produced by BIOCEN, Cuba, in antibiotic susceptibility testing of reference and wild strains of gonococci...
- [Development of a method to determine the minimum inhibitory concentration in reference strains from leptospiras]
Ana Margarita Obregón
Instituto de Medicina Tropical Pedro Kouri, Marianao, Ciudad de La Habana
Rev Cubana Med Trop 57:11-6. 2005
..This study will allow in a near future to determine the antimicrobial susceptibility in autochthonous strains isolated from patients with Leptospirosis at the national level...
- Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori vacA, cagA, and iceA Genotypes in Cuban Patients with Upper Gastrointestinal Diseases
Microbiology and Clinical Branches, Tropical Medicine Institute Pedro Kouri, Avenida Novia del Mediodía KM 6 1 2, P O Box 601, Marianao 13, Havana, Cuba
Biomed Res Int 2015:753710. 2015
..05). In conclusion, the results demonstrated a high prevalence of H. pylori virulent genotypes in Cuban patients over 40 years old while iceA2 alleles demonstrated a good specificity in patients with NUD. ..
- Nasopharyngeal colonization by Moraxella catarrhalis and study of antimicrobial susceptibility in healthy children from Cuban day-care centers
Reference National Laboratory of Bacterial Respiratory Infections, Department of Bacteriology Mycology, Tropical Medicine Institute Pedro Kouri, Havana City, Cuba
Arch Med Res 36:80-2. 2005
- Safety and preliminary immunogenicity of MenC/P64k, a meningococcal serogroup C conjugate vaccine with a new recombinant carrier
Antonio E Pérez
Tropical Medicine Institute Pedro Kouri, Havana, Cuba
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 46:386-92. 2006
..05). The MenC/P64k vaccine was found to have a good safety profile, to be well tolerated and immunogenic...
- [Characterization of invasive isolates of S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, and N. meningitidis in Latin America and the Caribbean: SIREVA II, 2000-2005]
Jean Marc Gabastou
Area de Tecnología y Prestación de Servicios de Salud, Unidad de Medicamentos Esenciales, Vacunas y Tecnologías en Salud, Organizacion Panamericana de la Salud, Quito, Ecuador
Rev Panam Salud Publica 24:1-15. 2008
..Potential coverage by conjugate vaccines was evaluated...