Affiliation: Vilnius University
- Aberrant p16 promoter methylation in smokers and former smokers with nonsmall cell lung cancerSonata Jarmalaite
Department of Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Cancer 106:913-8. 2003..14%; P = 0.035). Taken together, our data suggest that analysis of promoter methylation in TSGs may provide a valuable biomarker for identification of groups with an elevated risk of cancer, such as smokers and ex-smokers...
- High-resolution melting-based quantitative analysis of RASSF1 methylation in breast cancerKristina Stuopelytė
Division of Human Genome Research Centre, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vilnius University, M K Ciurlionio 21, 03101 Vilnius, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 49:78-83. 2013..The main purpose of our study was to optimize a high-resolution melting (HRM) assay for the reliable and quantitative assessment of RASSF1 gene methylation, which is considered one of the earliest epigenetic alterations in breast cancer...
- Immunohistochemistry profiles of breast ductal carcinoma: factor analysis of digital image analysis dataArvydas Laurinavicius
National Center of Pathology, affiliate of Vilnius University Hospital Santariskiu Clinics, P, Baublio 5, LT 08406 Vilnius, Lithuania
Diagn Pathol 7:27. 2012..Digital image analysis (DA) with multivariate statistics of the data opens new opportunities in this field...
- Membrane connectivity estimated by digital image analysis of HER2 immunohistochemistry is concordant with visual scoring and fluorescence in situ hybridization results: algorithm evaluation on breast cancer tissue microarraysAida Laurinaviciene
Institute of Oncology Vilnius University, Santariskiu 1, LT 08660 Vilnius, Lithuania
Diagn Pathol 6:87. 2011....
- Tumor suppressor gene ZAC/PLAGL1: altered expression and loss of the nonimprinted allele in pheochromocytomasSonata Jarmalaite
Vilnius University, Lithuania
Cancer Genet 204:398-404. 2011..In conclusion, our study suggests the involvement of the imprinted ZAC gene in the pathogenesis of PCC...
- Promoter hypermethylation in tumour suppressor genes and response to interleukin-2 treatment in bladder cancer: a pilot studySonata Jarmalaite
Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vilnius University, Ciurlionio 21, 3101 Vilnius, Lithuania
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:847-54. 2010..In this pilot study we sought to determine the prognostic value of epigenetic and genetic inactivation of tumour suppressor genes (TSGs) among BC patients treated with IL-2...
- Promoter hypermethylation in tumour suppressor genes shows association with stage, grade and invasiveness of bladder cancerSonata Jarmalaite
Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania
Oncology 75:145-51. 2008....
- Frequent methylation of RASSF1 and RARB in urine sediments from patients with early stage prostate cancerKristina Daniūnaitė
Vilnius University, Čiurlionio, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 47:147-53. 2011..02). CONCLUSIONS. Results of our study show a high sensitivity of DNA methylation biomarkers, especially RASSF1 and RARB, for the early and noninvasive detection of PCa...
- Similar DNA methylation pattern in lung tumours from smokers and never-smokers with second-hand tobacco smoke exposureAsta Scesnaite
Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vilnius University, Ciurlionio 21, LT03101 Vilnius, Lithuania
Mutagenesis 27:423-9. 2012....
- Combined analysis of TMPRSS2-ERG and TERT for improved prognosis of biochemical recurrence in prostate cancerRasa Sabaliauskaite
Division of Human Genome Research Centre, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vilnius University, and National Center of Pathology, Urology Department, Vilnius University Hospital Santariskiu Clinics, Vilnius, Lithuania
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:781-91. 2012..The results of our study suggest that combined analysis of TMPRSS2-ERG and TERT expression can be a valuable tool for early prediction of biochemical recurrence of PCa after radical prostatectomy...
- Preferential loss of the nonimprinted allele for the ZAC1 tumor suppressor gene in human capillary hemangioblastomaSebsebe Lemeta
Biological Mechanisms and Prevention of Work related Diseases, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:860-7. 2007..This novel finding highlights the importance of ZAC1 in development of CHB, particularly in non-VHL-associated cases...
- CDK4 is a probable target gene in a novel amplicon at 12q13.3-q14.1 in lung cancerHarriet Wikman
Department of Occupational Medicine, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 42:193-9. 2005..Although CDK4 amplification seems to be a relatively rare event (4.3%) in lung tumors, it indicates the significance of the RB1-CCND1 pathway in lung tumorigenesis...