Affiliation: Kaunas University of Medicine
- Influence of propolis water solution on heart mitochondrial functionDaiva Majiene
Institute for Biomedical Research, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu str 4, LT 50009 Kaunas 7, Lithuania
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:709-13. 2006..The PWS-caused decrease in the mitochondrial respiration rate with pyruvate + malate and fatty acids could be due to diminished activities of respiratory chain complexes and/or ADP/ATP translocator...
- Effect of Ginkgo biloba extract on the rat heart mitochondrial functionSonata Trumbeckaite
Institute for Biomedical Research, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu Street 4, LT 50009 Kaunas 7, Lithuania
J Ethnopharmacol 111:512-6. 2007..e. less effectively as compared to GE. Therefore, for the explanation of the GE-induced uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation, other biologically active compounds of GE have to be taken into account in future studies...
- The effect of Ginkgo biloba extract on mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation in the normal and ischemic rat heartJurga Bernatoniene
Department of Drug Technology and Social Pharmacy, Kaunas University of Medicine, A Mickeviciaus Str 9, LT 44307 Kaunas, Lithuania
Phytother Res 25:1054-60. 2011..Thus, these results indicate that GE exerts cardioprotective effects reducing ischemia-caused impairment of the functions of heart mitochondria...
- Cytochrome C effect on respiration of heart mitochondria: influence of various factorsAdolfas Toleikis
Institute for Biomedical Research, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu St 4, LT 50009, Kaunas 7, Lithuania
Biosci Rep 25:387-97. 2005....
- Uncoupling and antioxidant effects of ursolic acid in isolated rat heart mitochondriaJulius Liobikas
Institute for Biomedical Research, Academy of Medicine, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Eiveniu 4, LT 50009, Kaunas, Lithuania
J Nat Prod 74:1640-4. 2011..Since mild mitochondrial uncoupling has been proposed as one of the mechanisms of cardioprotection, the present results indicate that ursolic acid (1) has potential use as a cardioprotective compound...
- Free radical-scavenging activities of Crataegus monogyna extractsJurga Bernatoniene
Department of Drug Technology and Social Pharmacy, Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 44:706-12. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate antiradical activity of aqueous and ethanolic hawthorn fruit extracts, their flavonoids, and flavonoid combinations...
- [Investigation of chemical composition of propolis extract]Daiva Majiene
Institute for Biomedical Research, Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 40:771-4. 2004..Thus, our data show, that the composition of propolis is various and depends on the origin of plants, from where propolis was collected...