- Performance evaluation of a specific IgE assay developed for the ADVIA centaur immunoassay system
Anita Birgit Petersen
In Vitro Diagnostics Business Unit, ALK ABELLO, Denmark
Clin Biochem 37:882-92. 2004
..To develop and evaluate a liquid phase immunoassay for accurate determination of allergen-specific IgE (sIgE) as a useful tool in the diagnosis of allergy patients...
- IgG antibodies against microorganisms and atopic disease in Danish adults: the Copenhagen Allergy Study
Centre for Preventive Medicine, Glostrup University Hospital, Denmark
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:847-53. 2003
..In contrast, colonization of the gut with Clostridium difficile, a potential intestinal bacterial pathogen, in early childhood may be associated with a higher prevalence of atopy...
- Are we getting enough allergens?
Research Centre for Prevention and Health, Capital Region of Denmark, Glostrup University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 147:93-100. 2008
..The paper summarizes different lines of evidence that may support or contradict this hypothesis and points to areas where more knowledge is needed...
- The association between alcohol consumption and biomarkers of alcohol exposure with total serum immunoglobulin E levels
Institute for Community Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:983-90. 2008
..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the association of self-reported alcohol consumption and different biomarkers of alcohol exposure to total serum IgE levels in a general adult population...
- Effects of alcohol consumption on the allergen-specific immune response in mice
Research Centre for Prevention and Health, Glostrup University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:553-6. 2008
..Moreover, a few epidemiological studies have linked alcohol consumption to allergen-specific IgE sensitization...
- 10-year prevalence of contact allergy in the general population in Denmark estimated through the CE-DUR method
Jacob Pontoppidan Thyssen
National Allergy Research Centre, Department of Dermatology, Gentofte University Hospital, 1 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 57:265-72. 2007
..This could probably be explained by a decrease in nickel allergy. The CE-DUR approach holds the potential of being an efficient and easy monitoring method of contact allergy prevalence...
- Is there a risk of active sensitization to PPD by patch testing the general population?
Jacob Pontoppidan Thyssen
Department of Dermato venerology, National Allergy Research Centre, Gentofte University Hospital, Gentofte, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 57:133-4. 2007
..These studies indicate that patch testing with PPD in individuals with no previous positive reactions to PPD or with only one previous positive reaction does not cause active sensitization and can be performed with minimal risk...
- Association between alcohol consumption and skin prick test reactivity to aeroallergens
Allergy Clinic 7551, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 98:70-4. 2007
..A few studies have indicated a positive association between consumption of alcohol and allergic sensitization in age and socioeconomically heterogeneous populations...
- The association between atopy and factors influencing folate metabolism: is low folate status causally related to the development of atopy?
Lise Lotte N Husemoen
Copenhagen County Research Centre for Prevention and Health, Glostrup, Denmark
Int J Epidemiol 35:954-61. 2006
..We aimed at examining the association between atopy and markers of impaired folate metabolism, i.e. MTHFR(C677T) genotype, plasma total homocysteine, and dietary intakes of methionine, folates, and vitamins B12, B6, and B2...
- Remission of allergic rhinitis: An 8-year observational study
Allergy Clinic, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:1384-8. 2004
..Allergic rhinitis (AR) and sensitization are considered chronic conditions. However, few studies have reported remission rates in adults...
- Interference of cross-reactive carbohydrates in the determination of specific IgE in alcohol drinkers and strategies to minimize it: the example of latex
Instituto Superior de Saúde do Alto Ave ISAVE, Povoa de Lanhoso, Portugal
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:394-401. 2008
..The prevalence of IgE to Man2XylFucGlcNAc2 (MUXF), the CCD from bromelain, may be increased in heavy drinkers...