- Regulation of pancreatic cancer cell migration and invasion by RhoC GTPase and caveolin-1
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Mol Cancer 4:21. 2005
..RhoC GTPase is overexpressed in aggressive cancers that metastasize and is the predominant GTPase in PC. Like several GTPases, RhoC contains a putative cav-1 binding motif...
- Rho-regulatory proteins in breast cancer cell motility and invasion
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0948, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 84:49-60. 2004
..The importance of the Rho-GTPases in cancer progression, particularly in the area of metastasis, is becoming increasingly evident. This review will provide an overview of the role of the Rho-regulatory proteins in breast cancer metastatis...
- Multiple signaling pathways are activated during insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) stimulated breast cancer cell migration
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis, MN, 55455, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 93:159-68. 2005
..Defining the key molecules downstream of the type I IGF receptor may provide a basis for optimizing therapies directed at this target...
- Purification of green fluorescent protein using a two-intein system
College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing, 100094, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:1175-80. 2008
..Assays revealed that the purity was up to 98% of the total protein. The fluorescence and circular dichroism spectrum of GFPmut3* demonstrated that the purified protein retains the correctly folded structure and function...
- Interaction between NifL and NifA in the nitrogen-fixing Pseudomonas stutzeri A1501
Biotechnology Research Institute, CAAS, Beijing, PR China
Microbiology 152:3535-42. 2006
- First-in-human experience of an antidote-controlled anticoagulant using RNA aptamer technology: a phase 1a pharmacodynamic evaluation of a drug-antidote pair for the controlled regulation of factor IXa activity
Christopher K Dyke
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Circulation 114:2490-7. 2006
..The primary objective was to determine the safety profile and to characterize the pharmacodynamic responses in this first-in-human study...
- Mutual repression between steroid and xenobiotic receptor and NF-kappaB signaling pathways links xenobiotic metabolism and inflammation
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine 92697 2300, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2280-2289. 2006
..This mechanistic relationship has clinical consequences for individuals undergoing therapeutic exposure to the wide variety of drugs that are also SXR agonists...
- A structural model of the constitutive androstane receptor defines novel interactions that mediate ligand-independent activity
Division of Molecular Medicine, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:5270-80. 2002
..Despite these remarkable similarities, our model demonstrates how a few critical changes in CAR can dramatically reverse the transcriptional activity of this protein...
- Structure of the murine constitutive androstane receptor complexed to androstenol: a molecular basis for inverse agonism
Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Mol Cell 16:907-17. 2004
..This mechanism of inverse agonism is distinct from traditional nuclear receptor antagonists thereby offering a new approach to receptor modulation...
- Dimerization contributes to oncogenic activation of MLL chimeras in acute leukemias
Chi Wai So
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cancer Cell 4:99-110. 2003
..Our studies support an oligomerization-dependent mechanism for oncogenic conversion of MLL, presumably in part by recruitment of accessory factors through the dimerized MLL moiety of the chimeric protein...
- Clinical significance of detecting elevated serum DcR3/TR6/M68 in malignant tumor patients
Laboratory of Transplantation Immunology, Research Center, Centre hospitalier de l'Universite de Montreal (CHUM)-Notre Dame Hospital, 1560 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Quebec H2L 4M1, Canada
Int J Cancer 105:724-32. 2003
..Our study demonstrated that serum TR6 should be considered as a novel parameter for the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of malignancies...
- A novel cell wall-anchored peptidoglycan hydrolase (autolysin), IspC, essential for Listeria monocytogenes virulence: genetic and proteomic analysis
Animal Diseases Research Institute, Ottawa, ON K2H 8P9, Canada
Microbiology 154:1900-13. 2008
..Altogether, this study demonstrates that IspC, expressed as a minor autolysin in vitro, is not important for cell division or separation but is essential for full virulence of L. monocytogenes in vivo...