- Regulation of pancreatic cancer cell migration and invasion by RhoC GTPase and caveolin-1
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Mol Cancer 4:21. 2005
..RhoC GTPase is overexpressed in aggressive cancers that metastasize and is the predominant GTPase in PC. Like several GTPases, RhoC contains a putative cav-1 binding motif...
- Rho-regulatory proteins in breast cancer cell motility and invasion
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0948, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 84:49-60. 2004
..The importance of the Rho-GTPases in cancer progression, particularly in the area of metastasis, is becoming increasingly evident. This review will provide an overview of the role of the Rho-regulatory proteins in breast cancer metastatis...
- Multiple signaling pathways are activated during insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) stimulated breast cancer cell migration
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis, MN, 55455, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 93:159-68. 2005
..Defining the key molecules downstream of the type I IGF receptor may provide a basis for optimizing therapies directed at this target...
- Purification of green fluorescent protein using a two-intein system
College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing, 100094, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:1175-80. 2008
..Assays revealed that the purity was up to 98% of the total protein. The fluorescence and circular dichroism spectrum of GFPmut3* demonstrated that the purified protein retains the correctly folded structure and function...
- Interaction between NifL and NifA in the nitrogen-fixing Pseudomonas stutzeri A1501
Biotechnology Research Institute, CAAS, Beijing, PR China
Microbiology 152:3535-42. 2006
- First-in-human experience of an antidote-controlled anticoagulant using RNA aptamer technology: a phase 1a pharmacodynamic evaluation of a drug-antidote pair for the controlled regulation of factor IXa activity
Christopher K Dyke
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Circulation 114:2490-7. 2006
..The primary objective was to determine the safety profile and to characterize the pharmacodynamic responses in this first-in-human study...
- Mutual repression between steroid and xenobiotic receptor and NF-kappaB signaling pathways links xenobiotic metabolism and inflammation
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine 92697 2300, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2280-2289. 2006
..This mechanistic relationship has clinical consequences for individuals undergoing therapeutic exposure to the wide variety of drugs that are also SXR agonists...
- A structural model of the constitutive androstane receptor defines novel interactions that mediate ligand-independent activity
Division of Molecular Medicine, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:5270-80. 2002
..Despite these remarkable similarities, our model demonstrates how a few critical changes in CAR can dramatically reverse the transcriptional activity of this protein...
- Structure of the murine constitutive androstane receptor complexed to androstenol: a molecular basis for inverse agonism
Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Mol Cell 16:907-17. 2004
..This mechanism of inverse agonism is distinct from traditional nuclear receptor antagonists thereby offering a new approach to receptor modulation...
- Dimerization contributes to oncogenic activation of MLL chimeras in acute leukemias
Chi Wai So
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cancer Cell 4:99-110. 2003
..Our studies support an oligomerization-dependent mechanism for oncogenic conversion of MLL, presumably in part by recruitment of accessory factors through the dimerized MLL moiety of the chimeric protein...
- Clinical significance of detecting elevated serum DcR3/TR6/M68 in malignant tumor patients
Laboratory of Transplantation Immunology, Research Center, Centre hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal CHUM Notre Dame Hospital, 1560 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Quebec H2L 4M1, Canada
Int J Cancer 105:724-32. 2003
..Our study demonstrated that serum TR6 should be considered as a novel parameter for the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of malignancies...
- A novel cell wall-anchored peptidoglycan hydrolase (autolysin), IspC, essential for Listeria monocytogenes virulence: genetic and proteomic analysis
Animal Diseases Research Institute, Ottawa, ON K2H 8P9, Canada
Microbiology 154:1900-13. 2008
..Altogether, this study demonstrates that IspC, expressed as a minor autolysin in vitro, is not important for cell division or separation but is essential for full virulence of L. monocytogenes in vivo...