- Low-pressure pulsed focused ultrasound with microbubbles promotes an anticancer immunological response
Hao Li Liu
Department of Electrical Engineering, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Transl Med 10:221. 2012
..Here we demonstrated that another form of focused ultrasound delivery, using low-pressure, pulsed-mode exposure in the presence of microbubbles (MBs), may also trigger an antitumor immunological response and inhibit tumor growth...
- Patients younger than forty years old with hepatitis C virus genotype-1 chronic infection had treatment responses similar to genotype-2 infection and not related to interleukin-28B polymorphism
Chun Yen Lin
Division of Hepatology, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
Ann Hepatol 12:62-9. 2013
..However, the treatment responses of the young patients had not been analyzed before. Therefore, we conducted this study to investigate the treatment responses of CHC patients younger than 40 years old (y/o)...
- IL28B SNP rs12979860 is a critical predictor for on-treatment and sustained virologic response in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype-1 infection
Chun Yen Lin
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kweishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 6:e18322. 2011
..This study was to investigate the predictive power of IL28B SNPs for on-treatment responses and SVR in treatment-naïve patients with GT1-HCV chronic infection...
- None of the six SNPs of IL28B could predict treatment responses in genotype 2 chronic HCV infected patients by propensity score matching analysis
Wen Juei Jeng
Division of Hepatology, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e48217. 2012
..This study investigated the predictability of six single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) of IL28B on the treatment responses of PR in patients with CHC GT2...
- MELD score can predict early mortality in patients with rebleeding after band ligation for variceal bleeding
Wei Ting Chen
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan 333, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:2120-5. 2011
..To investigate the outcomes, as well as risk factors for 6-wk mortality, in patients with early rebleeding after endoscopic variceal band ligation (EVL) for esophageal variceal hemorrhage (EVH)...
- Predictors of changes in hemoglobin levels in patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with ribavirin plus pegylated interferon-α
Ching Chih Hu
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Ren Fail 34:429-34. 2012
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the magnitude and frequency of change in Hb and determine the predictive risk factors for Hb decrease during this therapy...
- Various predictors of sustained virologic response in different age groups of patients with genotype-1 chronic hepatitis C
Chun Yen Lin
Departments of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital School of Medicine, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:794-9. 2013
..However, variation of SVR predictors in different age groups was not explored before. We therefore conducted this study for investigating this issue...
- LAP+CD4+ T cells are suppressors accumulated in the tumor sites and associated with the progression of colorectal cancer
Department of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Chang Gung University, Kweishan, Tayouan, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 18:5224-33. 2012
..LAP(+)CD4(+) T cell is a recently identified subset of suppressor T cells. This study was designed to investigate their clinical relevance in patients with CRC...
- Activated but not resting regulatory T cells accumulated in tumor microenvironment and correlated with tumor progression in patients with colorectal cancer
Yung Chang Lin
Department of Hematology Oncology, Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kweishan, Tayouan, Taiwan
Int J Cancer 132:1341-50. 2013
..In summary, we confirmed that activated T(reg) cells are a distinct subgroup with effector memory phenotype and fully functional regulatory activity against human colorectal cancer immunity...
- EMR2 receptor ligation modulates cytokine secretion profiles and cell survival of lipopolysaccharide-treated neutrophils
Tzu Ying Chen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 34:468-77. 2011
..In this study, we examined the effect of EMR2 ligation by its specific antibody on the cytokine expression profile and cell survival of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-treated neutrophils...
- Recurrence of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in cirrhotic patients non-prophylactically treated with norfloxacin: serum albumin as an easy but reliable predictive factor
Chien Hao Huang
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Liver Int 31:184-91. 2011
..Nonetheless, there are no definitive patient selection parameters identifying who would benefit from SID...
- The indispensable role of CCR5 for in vivo suppressor function of tumor-derived CD103+ effector/memory regulatory T cells
Li Yuan Chang
College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kweishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Immunol 189:567-74. 2012
..In conclusion, these results indicate that the potent in vivo suppression ability of CD103(+) Tregs is due to the tissue-migration ability through CCR5 expression...