- Neuronal gene transfer by baculovirus-derived vectors accommodating a neurone-specific promoter
Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, 31 Biopolis Way, The Nanos 04 01, Singapore 138669
Exp Physiol 90:39-44. 2005
..The attributes of the new baculovirus vector might have practical implications for gene therapy in the nervous system...
- The Chediak-Higashi protein interacts with SNARE complex and signal transduction proteins
Velizar T Tchernev
CuraGen Corporation, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Mol Med 8:56-64. 2002
..The goal of this study was to identify proteins that interact with LYST as a first step in understanding how LYST modulates lysosomal exocytosis...
- Hypocretin (orexin) enhances neuron activity and cell synchrony in developing mouse GFP-expressing locus coeruleus
Anthony N van den Pol
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Physiol 541:169-85. 2002
..Together these data suggest that the hypothalamus, via hypocretin projections, may therefore be in a position to enhance arousal and modulate plasticity in higher brain centres through the developing LC...
- AKT/PKB phosphorylation of p21Cip/WAF1 enhances protein stability of p21Cip/WAF1 and promotes cell survival
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 277:11352-61. 2002
..Furthermore, they suggest that one mechanism of AKT/PKB regulation of tumor cell survival and/or proliferation is to stabilize p21 protein...
- Reduction of RF-induced sample heating with a scroll coil resonator structure for solid-state NMR probes
John A Stringer
Varian, Inc, 2607 Midpoint Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
J Magn Reson 173:40-8. 2005
..The higher B1 homogeneity and permissible decoupling fields enhance polarization transfer efficiency in 15N-13C correlation experiments employed for protein chemical shift assignments and structure determination...
- Control of cell proliferation and apoptosis by mob as tumor suppressor, mats
Zhi Chun Lai
Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Cell 120:675-85. 2005
..A human Mats ortholog (Mats1) can rescue the lethality associated with loss of Mats function in Drosophila. As Mats1 is mutated in human tumors, Mats-mediated growth inhibition and tumor suppression is likely conserved in humans...
- Coordinated regulation of the Neisseria gonorrhoeae-truncated denitrification pathway by the nitric oxide-sensitive repressor, NsrR, and nitrite-insensitive NarQ-NarP
Tim W Overton
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
J Biol Chem 281:33115-26. 2006
- A collection of 10,096 indica rice full-length cDNAs reveals highly expressed sequence divergence between Oryza sativa indica and japonica subspecies
National Center for Gene Research and Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 500 Caobao Road, Shanghai 200233, China
Plant Mol Biol 65:403-15. 2007
..These variations might distinguish the phenotypic changes of the two cultivated rice subspecies indica and japonica. Analysis of these cDNAs extends known rice genes and identifies new ones in rice...
- Expression of stimulated by retinoic acid gene 8 (Stra8) and maturation of murine gonocytes and spermatogonia induced by retinoic acid in vitro
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Biol Reprod 78:537-45. 2008
- Site-specific ubiquitination exposes a linear motif to promote interferon-alpha receptor endocytosis
K G Suresh Kumar
Department of Animal Biology and 2Mari Lowe Center for Comparative Oncology Research, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Biol 179:935-50. 2007
- Differential regulation of IKK alpha-mediated activation of IRF3/7 by NIK
Rui Peng Wang
College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Mol Immunol 45:1926-34. 2008
..These findings suggest that IKK alpha-mediated activation of NF-kappaB and IRF3/7 are differentially regulated by NIK, and NIK plays an important role in TLR7/9-mediated IFN-alpha production...
- Expression of stimulated by retinoic acid gene 8 (Stra8) in spermatogenic cells induced by retinoic acid: an in vivo study in vitamin A-sufficient postnatal murine testes
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 4660, USA
Biol Reprod 79:35-42. 2008
..Retinoic acid also increased the number of preleptotene spermatocytes exhibiting 5-bromo-2-deoxyuridine incorporation, indicating a more synchronized premeiotic DNA replication...
- HVJ envelope vector, a versatile delivery system: its development, application, and perspectives
Department of Nephrology, Third Hospital, Hebei Medical University, No 139 Ziqiang Road, Shijiazhuang 050051, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:345-9. 2008
..In this review, the development, application, and perspectives of the HVJ envelope vector will be discussed...
- Crystal structures of 2-acetylaminofluorene and 2-aminofluorene in complex with T7 DNA polymerase reveal mechanisms of mutagenesis
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16186-91. 2004
..In contrast, the dG-AF base at the templating position is not well defined by the electron density, consistent with weak binding to the polymerase and a possible interchange of this adduct between the syn and anti conformations...
- [Transcriptional differences between a heterokaryon and its segregants of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. vasinfectum]
College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 31:166-70. 2004
..The result indicated that the difference between the heterokaryon and its segregants is distinct on gene transcriptional level. Thus a molecular evidence for the formation of heterokaryon in filamentous fungi was provided...
- Drosophila Gp150 is required for early ommatidial development through modulation of Notch signaling
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
EMBO J 21:1074-83. 2002
..Therefore, Gp150 might function in intracellular vesicles to modulate Delta-Notch signaling for cell fate control and tissue morphogenesis...
- Prostate-specific expression of the diphtheria toxin A chain (DT-A): studies of inducibility and specificity of expression of prostate-specific antigen promoter-driven DT-A adenoviral-mediated gene transfer
Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 2101, USA
Cancer Res 62:2576-82. 2002
..These encouraging results suggest that DT-A viral gene transfer may ultimately have a therapeutic role in the treatment of advanced human prostate cancer...
- Anti-nociceptive effect of neuropeptide Y in the nucleus accumbens of rats: an involvement of opioid receptors in the effect
Department of Physiology, College of Life Science, Peking University, 100871, Beijing, China
Brain Res 940:69-78. 2002
- Hsp110 over-expression increases the immunogenicity of the murine CT26 colon tumor
Xiang yang Wang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biophysics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 51:311-9. 2002
..These observations demonstrate that manipulation of hsp110 expression in tumors, specifically when combined with GM-CSF, represents a potentially powerful approach to cancer vaccine formulation...
- Expression of testicular germ cell genes identified by differential display analysis
Matthew D Anway
Center for Reproductive Biology, School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, USA
J Androl 24:173-84. 2003
..RanBP5 expression appeared to be regulated during the cycle of the seminiferous epithelium, with the highest expression in stages III through VII. Expression of GC14 was greatest in the meiotic germ cell populations...
- Expression of CycD3 is transiently increased by pollination and N-(2-chloro-4-pyridyl)-N'-phenylurea in ovaries of Lagenaria leucantha
Department of Horticulture, Zhejiang University, Huajiachi Campus Kaixuan Road 268, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Exp Bot 54:1245-51. 2003
..Treating ovaries with CPPU also reactivated cell division and transcription of CycD3 genes and the effect was more rapid and pronounced than after pollination/fertilization...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of rat chemokine-like factor 1 and 2
Laboratory of Medical Immunology, School of Basic Medical Science, Peking University, Beijing, PR China
Gene 307:125-32. 2003
..These findings show that rat CKLFs have similar bioactivity with human CKLFs, although they are different in tissue distribution and contain different characteristic motifs...
- Stimulation of human DNA polymerase epsilon by MDM2
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Barker Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3202, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:2451-9. 2003
- Homogeneous assays for adenosine 5'-monophosphate-activated protein kinase
Department of Metabolic Disorders Diabetes, Merck Research Laboratories, P O Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Anal Biochem 321:151-6. 2003
..This approach of adapting known antibody and antigenic peptide pairs to monitor alternate Ser/Thr kinases may be of general use...
- Stability of homologue of Slimb F-box protein is regulated by availability of its substrate
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:11074-80. 2004
..These findings may define a mechanism for maintaining activities of specific SCF complexes based on availability of a particular substrate...
- SirT1 inhibition reduces IGF-I/IRS-2/Ras/ERK1/2 signaling and protects neurons
Neuroscience Program, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 2520, USA
Cell Metab 8:38-48. 2008
..These results are consistent with findings in S. cerevisiae and other model systems, suggesting that mammalian sirtuins can play both protective and proaging roles...