- Insulin-like growth factor 1 enhances the migratory capacity of mesenchymal stem cells
Laboratory of Heart Failure and Stem Cell, Texas Heart Institute, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 356:780-4. 2007
..These findings provide a new paradigm for biological effects of IGF-1 on MSC and have implications for the development of novel stem cell therapeutic strategies...
- MicroRNA-221 regulates high glucose-induced endothelial dysfunction
Texas Heart Institute and The University of Texas Medical School, Heart Failure and Stem Cell, P O Box 20345, MC 2 255, 6770 Bertner Avenue, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 381:81-3. 2009
..These findings suggest that manipulation of the miR-221-c-kit pathway may offer a novel strategy for treatment of vascular dysfunction in diabetic patients...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor activation prevents high glucose-induced mitochondrial dysfunction, cytochrome-c release and apoptosis
Texas Heart Institute and The University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 384:259-64. 2009
..These results may have therapeutic implications in preventing/reducing diabetes associated endothelial dysfunction...
- Clusterin induces CXCR4 expression and migration of cardiac progenitor cells
Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Exp Cell Res 316:3435-42. 2010
..Thus, CST expression may increase CPCs migration via increasing CXCR4 expression and SDF-1/chemokine receptor signaling in a PI3/Akt-dependent manner...
- A potential role for insulin-like growth factor signaling in induction of pluripotent stem cell formation
Texas Heart Institute, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Growth Horm IGF Res 20:391-8. 2010
- IGF-1 prevents oxidative stress induced-apoptosis in induced pluripotent stem cells which is mediated by microRNA-1
The Texas Heart Institute and Center for Cardiovascular and Atherosclerosis Research, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 426:615-9. 2012
..In conclusion, IGF-1 inhibits H(2)O(2)-induced mitochondrial dysfunction, cytochrome-c release and apoptosis. IGF-1's effect is, at least partially, regulated by miR-1 in iPS cells...
- MicroRNA-133a regulates insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor expression and vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation in murine atherosclerosis
The Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Atherosclerosis 232:171-9. 2014
..This study tested whether miR-133a affects expression of IGF-1 receptor (IGF-1R) and proliferation of IGF-1-stimulated vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC) in a murine model of atherosclerosis...
- Apolipoprotein-J prevention of fetal cardiac myoblast apoptosis induced by ethanol
Texas Heart Institute and The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:157-61. 2007
..Thus, ApoJ serves as a cytoprotective protein that protects cardiac stem cells against EtOH cytotoxicity...
- Simvastatin-enhanced expression of promyogenic nuclear factors and cardiomyogenesis of murine embryonic stem cells
The Center for Cardiovascular Biology and Atherosclerosis Research, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX USA The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ruijin Hospital, Jiao Tong University Medical School, Shanghai, China Texas Heart Institute, Houston, TX, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 60:8-16. 2014
..Thus, simvastatin treatment enhances ESC myogenesis during early development perhaps via a mechanism inhibiting the mevalonate-FPP/GGPP pathway. ..