- Antidepressant like effects of piperine in chronic mild stress treated mice and its possible mechanisms
Laboratory for Brain and Mind, Institute of Neuroinformatics, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, 116023, China
Life Sci 80:1373-81. 2007
- Chronic mild stress impairs cognition in mice: from brain homeostasis to behavior
Laboratory for Brain and Mind, Institute of Neuroinformatics, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, 116024, China
Life Sci 82:934-42. 2008
- Impairment of the spatial learning and memory induced by learned helplessness and chronic mild stress
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 83:186-93. 2006
- Possible involvement of NO/NOS signaling in hippocampal amyloid-beta production induced by transient focal cerebral ischemia in aged rats
Institute of Neuroinformatics, Dalian University of Technology, 116024 Dalian, China
Neurosci Lett 470:106-10. 2010
..The present data may be important in understanding, at least in part, the pathological role of NO/NOS system involved in hippocampal A beta production and neuronal damage induced by transient cerebral ischemia...
- Antidepressant-like effects of piperine and its derivative, antiepilepsirine
Department of Pharmacology, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 9:421-30. 2007
- Differential impairment of spatial and nonspatial cognition in a mouse model of brain aging
Laboratory of Brain and Mind, Institute of Neuroinformatics, Dalian University of Technology, 116024, Dalian, China
Life Sci 85:127-35. 2009
..However, the different influences of D-Gal on spatial and nonspatial cognition are as yet unclear...
- Rapid cytotoxicity of antimicrobial peptide tempoprin-1CEa in breast cancer cells through membrane destruction and intracellular calcium mechanism
Liaoning Provincial Key Laboratory of Biotechnology and Drug Discovery, Liaoning Normal University, Dalian, China
PLoS ONE 8:e60462. 2013
..In summary, the present study indicates that temporin-1CEa triggers rapid cell death in breast cancer cells. This rapid cytotoxic activity might be mediated by both membrane destruction and intracellular calcium mechanism...
- [Mutation spectrum of phenylalanine hydroxylase gene in patients with phenylketonuria in Tianjin and surrounding areas of Northern China]
Pediatric Research Institute, Tianjin Children s Hospital, Tianjin, 300074 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 27:7-12. 2010
- Effects of acute restraint stress on different components of memory as assessed by object-recognition and object-location tasks in mice
Institute of Neuroinformatics, Dalian University of Technology, 116024 Dalian, China
Behav Brain Res 227:199-207. 2012
- Antitumor effects and cell selectivity of temporin-1CEa, an antimicrobial peptide from the skin secretions of the Chinese brown frog (Rana chensinensis)
Liaoning Provincial Key Laboratory of Biotechnology and Drug Discovery, Liaoning Normal University, Dalian, Liaoning 116029, China
Biochimie 94:434-41. 2012
..In summary, temporin-1CEa, an amphiphilic α-helical cationic peptide, may represent a novel anticancer agent for breast cancer therapy, considering its cancer cell selectivity and relatively lower cytotoxicity to normal cells...
- Novel substituted heteroaromatic piperazine and piperidine derivatives as inhibitors of human enterovirus 71 and coxsackievirus a16
Key Laboratory of Structure Based Drug Design and Discovery of the Ministry of Education, School of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, Liangning, China
Molecules 18:5059-71. 2013
..The preliminary biological evaluation revealed that compounds 8e and 9e have potent activity against EV71 and Coxsackievirus A16 with low cytotoxicity...
- Synthesis of potent inhibitors of β-ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein synthase III as potential antimicrobial agents
School of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
Molecules 17:4770-81. 2012
..5 µg/mL).These compounds may prove useful in the discovery and development of new anti-tuberculosis drugs...
- Development of a UPLC-ESI-MS/MS method for the determination of larotaxel in beagle dog plasma: application to the pharmacokinetic study
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, China
Anal Bioanal Chem 403:323-30. 2012
..4, 0.8, and 1.6 mg/kg. The area under the concentration-time curve and the peak concentration of larotaxel seemed to increase with increasing dose proportionally, suggesting linear pharmacokinetics...
- EEG dynamics reflects the partial and holistic effects in mental imagery generation
Institute of Neuroinformatics, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 11:944-51. 2010
..The generation of partial mental imagery is not a subprocess of holistic imagery, but it is relevant to holistic imagery and requires correct modification from the holistic information...
- Panaxydol inhibits the proliferation and induces the differentiation of human hepatocarcinoma cell line HepG2
School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Chem Biol Interact 181:138-43. 2009
..Panaxydol also increased the protein levels of p21, pRb and the hypophosphorylated pRb in a dose-dependent manner. These findings suggest that panaxydol is of value for further exploration as a potential anti-cancer agent...
- Antitumor activities of a novel indolin-2-ketone compound, Z24: more potent inhibition on bFGF-induced angiogenesis and bcl-2 over-expressing cancer cells
Li Li Wang
Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 27 Taiping Road, Beijing, 100850, PR China
Eur J Pharmacol 502:1-10. 2004
..The higher selectivity of Z24 on Bcl-2 protein and on bFGF other than VEGF signaling path may contribute to its efficiency against tumor and tumor-associated angiogenesis...
- Marchantin C, a macrocyclic bisbibenzyl, induces apoptosis of human glioma A172 cells
Yan Qiu Shi
Department of Natural Products Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University, 44 Wen Hua Xi Road, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Cancer Lett 262:173-82. 2008
- PKHD1 protein encoded by the gene for autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease associates with basal bodies and primary cilia in renal epithelial cells
Ming Zhi Zhang
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2311-6. 2004
..Reduced PKHD1 levels in pck rat kidneys and its colocalization with polycystins may underlie the pathogenic basis for cystogenesis in polycystic kidney diseases...
- A glycosylated nitric oxide donor, beta-Gal-NONOate, and its site-specific antitumor activity
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 339:366-71. 2006
- cDNA microarray analysis of the expression profiles of Trichophyton rubrum in response to novel synthetic fatty acid synthase inhibitor PHS11A
College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Fungal Genet Biol 44:1252-61. 2007
..PHS11A also affected transcription of some genes involved in lipid metabolism, cAMP and MAPK pathways, and multidrug resistance. Quantitative real-time PCR was performed for selected genes to verify the microarray results...
- Regulation of endothelial cell function by GRGDSP peptide grafted on interpenetrating polymers
Department of Bioengineering, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 83:423-33. 2007
..This study provides a rational base for surface engineering of cardiovascular implants...
- Chemical and physical regulation of stem cells and progenitor cells: potential for cardiovascular tissue engineering
Ngan F Huang
Joint Graduate Group in Bioengineering, University of California San Francisco and University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Tissue Eng 13:1809-23. 2007
- Doxorubicin and selenium cooperatively induce fas signaling in the absence of Fas/Fas ligand interaction
Department of Cancer Chemoprevention, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Anticancer Res 27:3075-82. 2007
..Mitochondrial activation of caspase-9 is in part responsible for the synergy. The present study aimed at examining the death receptor pathway in activating caspase-8 by the two-drug combination...
- J2 prolongs the corneal allograft survival through inhibition of the CD4+ T cell-mediated response in vivo
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, 100850, Beijing, China
Transpl Immunol 18:130-7. 2007
..All these results suggest that J2 is a potential lead for the development of new immunosuppressive agents to prevent the corneal allograft rejection...
- Hepatic fatty acid transporter Cd36 is a common target of LXR, PXR, and PPARgamma in promoting steatosis
Center for Pharmacogenetics and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Gastroenterology 134:556-67. 2008
..The goal of this study is to investigate further the role of Cd36 in hepatic steatosis...
- Reversal effect of a macrocyclic bisbibenzyl plagiochin E on multidrug resistance in adriamycin-resistant K562/A02 cells
Yan Qiu Shi
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Eur J Pharmacol 584:66-71. 2008
- Fabrication and application of single nucleotide polymorphisms library on magnetic nanoparticles using adaptor PCR
Hunan Key Laboratory of Green Packaging and Application of Biological Nanotechnology, Hunan University of Technology, Zhuzhou 412008, China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 8:405-9. 2008
..0, whereas heterozygous genotypes had ratios near to 1.0. Without any complex multiplex PCR procedure, it is a simple, efficient and reliable method for the multiplex SNPs detection using limited amount of DNA samples from individuals...
- Inhibition of LPS- and CpG DNA-induced TNF-alpha response by oxidized phospholipids
Center for Pharmacogenetics, Univ of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, 639 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L808-16. 2004
..Further studies on the mechanisms of action may lead to development of a new type of anti-inflammatory drug for treatment of acute inflammatory diseases such as sepsis...
- PCR amplification on magnetic nanoparticles: application for high-throughput single nucleotide polymorphism genotyping
Key Laboratory of Green Packaging and Application of Biological Nanotechnology of Hunan Province, Hunan University of Technology, Zhuzhou, China
Biotechnol J 2:508-11. 2007
..0. Without any purification and concentration of PCR products, this new MNP-PCR based genotyping assay potentially provides a rapid, labor-saving method for genotyping of a large number of individuals...
- Augmented suppression of androgen receptor signaling by a combination of alpha-tocopheryl succinate and methylseleninic acid
Department of Cancer Chemoprevention, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer 107:2942-8. 2006
..The present study was designed to investigate whether a combination of alphaTS and MSA would produce an additive or a greater than additive effect in suppressing AR level, AR transactivation, and prostate-specific antigen (PSA)...
- Biomimetic collagen scaffolds for human bone cell growth and differentiation
Xuebin B Yang
University Orthopaedics, University of Southampton, Southampton S016 6YD, UK
Tissue Eng 10:1148-59. 2004
- Dynamic infrared imaging for the detection of malignancy
Terry M Button
Department of Radiology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Phys Med Biol 49:3105-16. 2004
..It is shown that dynamic infrared images formed at the vasomotor and cardiogenic frequencies of the normal and malignant breast have image pattern differences, which may allow for breast cancer detection...
- Proteomic profiling of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells upon transforming growth factor beta1 stimulation
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Biol Chem 279:43725-34. 2004
..This study demonstrates that proteomic tools are valuable in studying stem cell differentiation and elucidating the underlying molecular mechanisms...
- Targeted delivery of antisense oligodeoxynucleotides to folate receptor-overexpressing tumor cells
Center for Pharmacogenetics, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, 639 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Control Release 95:321-31. 2004
..Intracellular delivery of EGFR antisense ODN also sensitized KB cells to doxorubicin (DOX) treatment. Thus targeted delivery of ODN via this novel lipid vector may have potential in treating tumors that overexpress FR...
- Subchronic exposure to arsenic through drinking water alters expression of cancer-related genes in rat liver
Environmental Health Sciences Division, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 16 2 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8506, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 32:64-72. 2004
..This implies that arsenic liver toxicity involves disturbances of some cancer-related molecules...
- The long, but not the short, presequence of human coproporphyrinogen oxidase is essential for its import and sorting to mitochondria
The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 200:39-45. 2003
..This correction revealed that mouse pCPO has also a longer presequence, which are very similar to the long presequence of human. These results indicate that the long, but not short, presequence is the real one...
- Evaluation of the effect of protamine on human prostate carcinoma PC-3m using contrast enhanced Doppler ultrasound
Department of Ultrasound, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing, Peole s Republic of China
J Urol 170:611-4. 2003
..We evaluated the ability of contrast enhanced Doppler ultrasound (CEDU) to demonstrate changes in tumor vascularity during angiogenesis inhibitive therapy in PC-3m human prostate carcinoma...
- Difference in uptake and toxicity of trivalent and pentavalent inorganic arsenic in rat heart microvessel endothelial cells
Environmental Health Sciences Division, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 16 2 Onogawa, 305 8506, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Arch Toxicol 77:305-12. 2003
- In vitro lipofection with novel series of symmetric 1,3-dialkoylamidopropane-based cationic surfactants containing single primary and tertiary amine polar head groups
Division of Pharmaceutics, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, 75 DeKalb Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Chem Phys Lipids 124:49-61. 2003
- Lipid-mediated delivery of peptide nucleic acids to pulmonary endothelium
Center for Pharmacogenetics and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, 639 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 302:6-11. 2003
..Thus delivery of PNA to pulmonary endothelium may prove to be a therapeutically useful for the treatment of pulmonary vascular diseases...
- Dual role of orphan nuclear receptor pregnane X receptor in bilirubin detoxification in mice
Simrat P S Saini
Center for Pharmacogenetics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Hepatology 41:497-505. 2005
..PXR is a potential therapeutic target for clinical treatment of jaundice. (HEPATOLOGY 2005;41:497-505.)...
- Angiogenesis inhibitor Z24 induces endothelial cell apoptosis and suppresses tumor growth and metastasis
National Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Pharmacol Sci 97:533-40. 2005
..6%, P<0.0001) and decreased lung weights (38.5%, P<0.01) compared to the vehicle group. All these findings support that Z24 is a promising angiogenesis inhibitor for limiting tumor growth and metastasis...
- Anisotropic mechanosensing by mesenchymal stem cells
Department of Bioengineering and Center for Tissue Engineering, UC Berkeley and UC San Francisco Joint Graduate Program in Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16095-100. 2006
..The differential cellular responses to the anisotropic mechanical environment have important implications in cardiovascular development, tissue remodeling, and tissue engineering...
- [A study of genetic diversity in lactate dehydrogenase of Streptococcus mutans from clinical isolates]
De qin Yang
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, West China Stomatology Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 37:781-4. 2006
..mutans isolates may be determined by genetic heterogeneity from virulent factors. The relationship between LDH activity or genetic diversity and cariogenicity of S. mutans (serotype c) isolates was studied in this research...
- The effects of chronic valproate and diazepam in a mouse model of posttraumatic stress disorder
Division of Medicinal Pharmacology, Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 85:324-31. 2006
..These behavioral deficits can be ameliorated by repeated administration of valproate or diazepam at some special dose ranges...
- FK506-binding protein ligands: structure-based design, synthesis, and neurotrophic/neuroprotective properties of substituted 5,5-dimethyl-2-(4-thiazolidine)carboxylates
Laboratory of Computer Aided Drug Design and Discovery, Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 27 Taiping Road, Beijing 100850, China
J Med Chem 49:4059-71. 2006
..This study further suggests the clinical potential of novel FKBP ligands as a new therapeutic approach in the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders, such as Parkinson's disease...
- Potent inhibition of the CD4-dependent T cell response by J2, a novel nonpeptide organic ligand of CD4 D1
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Taiping Road 27, 100850 Beijing, China
Mol Immunol 44:784-95. 2007
..All the results demonstrated the therapeutic potential of this compound as a novel immunosuppressive agent...
- Modeling and synthesis of non-cyclic derivatives of GPI-1046 as potential FKBP ligands with neurotrophic properties
Laboratory of Computer Aided Drug Design and Discovery, Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Beijing, China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:4385-90. 2006
..However, in the absence of exogenously added NGF, all test compounds, including GPI-1046, failed to afford any positive effect on DRGs. This study suggests the intriguing potential of these compounds for further investigation...
- Myotube assembly on nanofibrous and micropatterned polymers
Ngan F Huang
Joint Graduate Program in Bioengineering, University of California San Francisco University of California Berkeley, 94720 1762, USA
Nano Lett 6:537-42. 2006
..This bottom-up approach from nanoscale to tissue level demonstrates the potential of nanofibrous polymers for engineering the assembly of cell and tissue structure...
- Blockade of EGFR and ErbB2 by the novel dual EGFR and ErbB2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor GW572016 sensitizes human colon carcinoma GEO cells to apoptosis
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 66:404-11. 2006
..In summary, our study indicates that targeting both EGFR and ErbB2 simultaneously could enhance therapy over that of single agents directed at EGFR or ErbB2 in cancers that can be identified as being primarily heterodimer-dependent...
- In vitro and in vivo irinotecan-induced changes in expression profiles of cell cycle and apoptosis-associated genes in acute myeloid leukemia cells
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:885-900. 2005
..To study irinotecan (CPT-11)-induced changes in expression profiles of genes associated with cell cycle control and apoptosis in myeloid leukemia cells in vitro and in vivo...
- [Targeted AGEes and AGEs cross-link in drug discovery: preventing and reversing arterial sclerosis in aging and diabetes]
Beijing Institute of Pharmnacology and Toxicology, Beijing 100850, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:91-6. 2005
- Correlation between prostate cancer grade and vascularity on color doppler imaging: preliminary findings
Department of Ultrasound, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, 28 Fu Xing Road, Beijing 100853, People s Republic of China
J Clin Ultrasound 31:61-8. 2003
..We examined the relationship between the amount of prostate cancer-associated vascularity as seen on color Doppler imaging and the tumor grade...