- Dynamic changes of cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs), natural killer (NK) cells, and natural killer T (NKT) cells in patients with acute hepatitis B infection
Department of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital with Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Virol J 8:199. 2011
- [Efficacy of adefovir dipivoxil was not related to genotypes B and C of hepatitis B virus: a randomized, double-blind, multicenter clinical study]
Department of Infectious Diseases, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 21:282-4. 2007
..To determine the relationship between the response to adefovir dipivoxil (ADV) treatment in patients with HBV genotypes B and C of HBeAg positive chronic hepatitis B...
- The ability of Hepatitis B surface antigen DNA vaccine to elicit cell-mediated immune responses, but not antibody responses, was affected by the deglysosylation of S antigen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Nanjing Medical University, and China US Vaccine Research Center, Jiangsu Province Hospital, Nanjing 210029, China
Vaccine 26:5145-52. 2008
..This finding provides important direction to the development of S DNA vaccines to elicit the optimal and balanced antibody and cell-mediated immune responses to treat people with HBV chronic infections...
- [The influence of hepatitis B e antigen on the expression of toll-like receptor 2 on peripheral monocytes]
Ya ping Han
Department of Infectious Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 16:739-42. 2008
- [Clinical characteristies and distribution of hepatitis B virus genotype and sub-genotype]
Department of Infectious Diseases, First Teaching Hospital of Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 28:74-7. 2007
..To determine the distribution and virologic characteristics of HBV genotypes, sub-type and possible association with the severity of liver disease...
- The relative immunogenicity of DNA vaccines delivered by the intramuscular needle injection, electroporation and gene gun methods
China US Vaccine Research Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Vaccine 26:2100-10. 2008
..These findings provide important information for the further selection and optimization of DNA vaccine delivery methods for human applications...
- Candidate genes for chromosomes 6 and 10 quantitative trait loci for age-related retinal degeneration in mice
Diego G Ogando
Department of Biology, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA 90045 2659, USA
Mol Vis 16:1004-18. 2010
..The QTL were responsible for 21% and 9% of the variance in phenotypes, respectively. We focused on these two QTL to identify candidate genes...
- Over-expression of AEG-1 significantly associates with tumour aggressiveness and poor prognosis in human non-small cell lung cancer
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat Sen University Cancer Centre, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510060, People s Republic of China
J Pathol 219:317-26. 2009
..Taken together, our results suggest that elevated expression of AEG-1 plays an important role in the aggressiveness of NSCLC, leading to a poor clinical outcome...
- Novel binding between pre-membrane protein and vacuolar ATPase is required for efficient dengue virus secretion
Department of Pharmacology, Guilin Medical University, 109 Huancheng Road, Guilin, Guangxi 541004, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:319-24. 2008
..This study highlighted for the first time that flavivirus prM protein interacts with V-ATPase and V-ATPase mediates both entry and egression of DV...
- The consideration of synthetic short interfering RNA for therapeutic use
Laboratory of Nucleic Acid Technology, Institute of Molecular Medicine, PKU, Beijing, China
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 106:22-9. 2010
..This review focuses on the study of synthetic siRNA pharmacokinetics, the challenges of siRNA as a therapeutic agent and the strategies involved for improving siRNA bioavailability from the view of siRNA metabolism...
- Theoretical investigations on the formation and dehydrogenation reaction pathways of H(NH2BH2)(n)H (n = 1-4) oligomers: importance of dihydrogen interactions
Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Inorg Chem 49:7710-20. 2010
..The dihydrogen interaction (DHI) within the R-BH(2)(eta(2)-H(2)) moiety accounts for both the formation mechanisms of the oligomers and for the dehydrogenation of ammonia borane...
- Induction of apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in human HCC MHCC97H cells with Chrysanthemum indicum extract
Zong Fang Li
Department of General Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710004, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:4538-46. 2009
..To investigate the effects of Chrysanthemum indicum extract (CIE) on inhibition of proliferation and on apoptosis, and the underlying mechanisms, in a human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) MHCC97H cell line...
- Inhibition of centriole duplication by centrobin depletion leads to p38-p53 mediated cell-cycle arrest
Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Cell Signal 22:857-64. 2010
- Sam68 up-regulation correlates with, and its down-regulation inhibits, proliferation and tumourigenicity of breast cancer cells
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Department of Experimental Research, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
J Pathol 222:227-37. 2010
- miR-218 inhibits the invasive ability of glioma cells by direct downregulation of IKK-β
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Department of Experimental Research, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510060, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:135-40. 2010
..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-218 plays an important role in preventing the invasiveness of glioma cells, and our results present a novel mechanism of miRNA-mediated direct suppression of IKK-β/NF-κB pathway in gliomas...
- Enhanced inner-shell x-ray emission by femtosecond-laser irradiation of solid cone targets
National Key Laboratory of Shock Wave and Detonation Physics, Mianyang, 621900 Sichuan, China
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 83:046404. 2011
..The results indicate that the efficiency of HE energy conversion to Kα photons is improved and the optimum HE temperature is increased...
- PKreport: report generation for checking population pharmacokinetic model assumptions
Bioinformatics and Computation Biology Program, Department of Statistics, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 11:31. 2011
..Graphics play an important and unique role in population pharmacokinetic (PopPK) model building by exploring hidden structure among data before modeling, evaluating model fit, and validating results after modeling...
- Major cancer mortality and changes in Yanting, 2004-2009: introduction to cancer challenges in a high risk area
Yanting Cancer Research Institute, Mianyang, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:409-13. 2011
..Considering the high mortality from upper gastrointestinal cancers, it is necessary to take actions investigating the risk factors and addressing the issues of prevalent cancer challenges...
- Sphingosine kinase-1 enhances resistance to apoptosis through activation of PI3K/Akt/NF-κB pathway in human non-small cell lung cancer
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Department of Experimental Research, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Clin Cancer Res 17:1839-49. 2011
- A recombinant protein LHRH-PE40 for tumour therapy: preclinical safety studies
Department of Oncopathology and the Key Immunopathology Laboratory of Guangdong Province, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou, China
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 99:398-404. 2006
..Because of these findings, it should be monitored carefully in human clinical trials for things such as respiratory, urinary and reproductive toxicities...
- High serum cortisol level is associated with increased risk of delirium after coronary artery bypass graft surgery: a prospective cohort study
Dong Liang Mu
Department of Anesthesiology and Surgical Intensive Care, Peking University First Hospital, NO, 8 Xishiku Street, Beijing 100034, PR China
Crit Care 14:R238. 2010
..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between serum cortisol level and occurrence of early postoperative delirium in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery...
- Assessment of melamine contamination in crop, soil and water in China and risks of melamine accumulation in animal tissues and products
Feed Safety Reference Laboratory of Ministry of Agriculture, Feed Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, China
Environ Int 36:446-52. 2010
..Our work may be valuable to regulate melamine production and monitor the safety of food and animal products...
- [Dynamic changes and clinical significance of HBcAg18-27 specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in acute hepatitis B patients]
Department of Infectious Diseases, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 19:38-43. 2011
..HBcAg-specific CTL frequencies in peripheral blood could be used to predict clinical outcome after HBV infection. The frequencies of CD8+ T cells can reflect the changes of frequencies of HBcAg-specific CTL during acute HBV infection...
- [Diammonium glycyrrhizinate does not affect efficacy of adefovir dipivoxil therapy in patients with HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B]
Department of Infectious Diseases, Perking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 21:270-2. 2007
..To evaluate the effect of diammonium glycyrrhizinate on the antiviral therapy with adefovir dipivoxil (ADV) in patients with HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B...
- The association of NAT1 polymorphisms and colorectal carcinoma risk: evidence from 20,000 subjects
Department of Infectious Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Guangzhou Road 140, Nanjing 210029, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:7497-503. 2012
..Current meta-analysis suggests that lack of association between the NAT1 polymorphisms and individual risk to CRC...
- [Construction of the eukaryotic expression vector pEGFP-claudin-1 and its expression in 293T cells]
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 24:444-6. 2008
..To construct the eukaryotic expression vector pEGFP-claudin-1 and to make it express expressed in 293T cells...
- Pegylated interferon α-2b up-regulates specific CD8+ T cells in patients with chronic hepatitis B
Department of Infectious Diseases, Center for Liver Diseases, Peking University First Hospital, no 8, Xishiku Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 10034, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:6145-50. 2010
..to investigate the effect of pegylated interferon (IFN) α-2b on specific CD8+ T lymphocytes in patients with chronic hepatitis B (CHB)...
- [Detection of the new type of aminoglycoside acetyltransferase gene in Enterobacter cloacae isolates]
Zi Zhong Xiong
Department of Infectious Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230022, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:422-4. 2008
..To investigate the prevalence of aac(6')-Ib-cr gene in Enterobacter cloacae isolates...
- Effects of antiviral agents and HBV genotypes on intrahepatic covalently closed circular DNA in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B patients
Hai Ying Lu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:1268-73. 2008
..To evaluate the effects of antiviral agents and HBV genotypes on intrahepatic covalently closed circular DNA (ccc DNA) in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B patients...
- Evaluation of a bioartificial liver based on a nonwoven fabric bioreactor with porcine hepatocytes in pigs
Lan Juan Li
Key Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, Ministry of Public Health, Department of Infectious Diseases, The 1st Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310003, China
J Hepatol 44:317-24. 2006
..We developed a bioartificial liver (BAL) based on a direct hemoperfusion typed nonwoven fabric bioreactor containing porcine hepatocytes. In this study, the efficacy of our BAL was evaluated with a pig fulminant hepatic failure (FHF) model...
- [Complete HBV DNA clone and sequence from serum samples of severe hepatitis B patients]
Department of Infectious Diseases, First Hospital of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 13:734-7. 2005
..Some amino acid changes occurred within the known CTL, B or T cell epitopes of the PrS2 and C regions. CONCLUSIONS: This method could serve to study the relationship between HBV genome and the pathogenesis of severe hepatitis B...
- Isolation and short term cultivation of swine hepatocytes for bioartificial liver support system
Department of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 4:249-53. 2005
..The demand for the clinical use of hepatocytes is increasing. The aim of this study was to develop a method for procurement of high qualitative pig hepatocytes and to evaluate the state of freshly isolated and cultured hepatocytes...
- Heme oxygenase-1 alleviates ischemia/reperfusion injury in aged liver
Liver Transplantation Center of the First Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:690-4. 2005
..CONCLUSION: HO-1 overexpression can provide potent protection against cold I/R injury. This effect depends, at least in part, on HO-1-mediated inhibition of antiapoptotic mechanism...
- Novel DNA vaccine based on hepatitis B virus core gene induces specific immune responses in Balb/c mice
Yi Ping Xing
Department of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:4583-6. 2005
..To investigate the immunogenicity of a novel DNA vaccine, pSW3891/HBc, based on HBV core gene in Balb/c mice...
- Site-specific conjugation of bifunctional chelator BAT to mouse IgG1 Fab' fragment
Division of Hepatic Surgery, Department of Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University and Jiangsu Province Hospital, Nanjing 210029, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:237-41. 2006
- Intrahepatic HBV DNA as a predictor of antivirus treatment efficacy in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B patients
Hai Ying Lu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:2878-82. 2007
..To evaluate the effect of antiviral agents on intrahepatic HBV DNA in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B patients...
- [Immunogenicity of new DNA vaccine encoding for hepatitis B virus core antigen]
Department of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 12:338-40. 2004
..Mice immunized with pSW3891/HBc showed strong anti-HBc response and specific high cytotoxicity of CTL. CONCLUSION: pSW3891/HBc induced significantly humoral and cellular immune responses in Balb/c mice...