- Medical pearl: Sarcoidosis prognosis
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 53:1064. 2005
- Practical aspects in the management of hypokalemic periodic paralysis
Jacob O Levitt
J Transl Med 6:18. 2008
..Perioperatively, the patient's clinical status should be checked frequently. Firm data on the management of periodic paralysis during pregnancy is lacking. Patient support can be found at http://www.periodicparalysis.org...
- Scurvy masquerading as leukocytoclastic vasculitis: a case report and review of the literature
Mark A Francescone
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cutis 76:261-6. 2005
..We review the biochemical basis and pathophysiology of scurvy, clinical scenarios in which it occurs, clinical signs and radiologic features of the condition, and recommendations for its diagnosis and treatment...
- The safety of hydroquinone: a dermatologist's response to the 2006 Federal Register
Department of Dermatology, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York City, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:854-72. 2007
..Therefore, the proposed ban appears to be unnecessarily extreme...
- Assessing retinol stability in a hydroquinone 4%/retinol 0.3% cream in the presence of antioxidants and sunscreen under simulated-use conditions: a pilot study
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Clin Ther 30:543-7. 2008
..Retinol (ie,vitamin A) is commonly used in dermatology as an adjunct to treat rhytids, acne,and dyschromia. However, vitamin A and many of its derivatives have poor photostability and are unstable in the presence of oxygen...
- Type B follicular lymphomatoid papulosis
Paru R Chaudhari
Department of Dermatology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Cutis 85:307-11. 2010
..Type B follicular LyP is a rare form of LyP...
- All that is vesicular is not herpes: incontinentia pigmenti masquerading as herpes simplex virus in a newborn
College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Rockford, Illinois, USA
Pediatrics 114:e270-2. 2004
..We report a case of an infant who had incontinentia pigmenti and presented with 2 crops of vesicles and was initially thought to have herpes simplex virus...
- Sun protection strength of a hydroquinone 4%/retinol 0.3% preparation containing sunscreens
Joseph W Stanfield
Suncare Research Laboratories, LLC, Winston Salem, NC, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 5:321-4. 2006
..Formulas containing hydroquinone 4% are effective in these conditions. Since exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UVR) can worsen disease and complicate treatment, the incorporation of sunscreens can avert this problem...