- No-scar transanal total mesorectal excision: the last step to pure NOTES for colorectal surgery
IRCAD EITS, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg, France
JAMA Surg 148:226-30; discussion 231. 2013
..We demonstrate herein the first case, to our knowledge, of pure transanal NOTES colorectal surgery...
- Perirectal Oncologic Gateway to Retroperitoneal Endoscopic Single-Site Surgery (PROGRESSS): a feasibility study for a new NOTES approach in a swine model
IRCAD EITS, University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Surg Innov 19:345-52. 2012
..The aim was to assess the feasibility of a transrectal approach with a completely retroperitoneal mobilization of the left colon and mesenteric vessels in an acute porcine model...
- Laparoscopic extraperitoneal colostomy in elective abdominoperineal resection for cancer: a single surgeon experience
IRCAD EITS, Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Colorectal Dis 14:e618-22. 2012
..Here we describe our technique of laparoscopic extraperitoneal stoma formation and present our experience to date...
- Could lymphatic mapping and sentinel node biopsy provide oncological providence for local resectional techniques for colon cancer? A review of the literature
Ronan A Cahill
Department of Surgery, IRCAD EITS, Strasbourg, France
BMC Surg 8:17. 2008
..Sentinel node biopsy may theoretically address this breach although the variability of its reported results for this disease is worrisome...
- Laparoscopic resection with transanal specimen extraction for sigmoid diverticulitis
Institute of Research Against Digestive Cancer European Institute of TeleSurgery, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Br J Surg 98:1327-34. 2011
- Laparo-endoscopic single-site (LESS) with transanal natural orifice specimen extraction (NOSE) sigmoidectomy: a new step before pure colorectal natural orifices transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES®)
Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, IRCAD EITS Institute, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Gastrointest Surg 15:1488-92. 2011
..We present the first human case of laparo-endoscopic single-site sigmoidectomy with transanal natural orifice specimen extraction...
- Technical aspects and outcome of a standardized full laparoscopic approach to the reversal of Hartmann's procedure in a teaching centre
IRCAD, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Colorectal Dis 13:1058-65. 2011
..Laparoscopic reversal of Hartmann's procedure is technically demanding. We evaluated the technical aspects and outcome of a standardized approach in a single centre and examined the feasibility of including this into training curricula...
- Lymphatic mapping and sentinel node biopsy in the colonic mesentery by Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES)
R A Cahill
Department of Surgery, IRCAD EITS, Strasbourg, 67000, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2677-83. 2008
..Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) may however effect sentinel node biopsy from within the peritoneum...
- Transanal extraction of the specimen during laparoscopic colectomy
Department of Surgery, IRCAD EITS, Hopitaux Universitaires, Strasbourg, France
Colorectal Dis 13:23-7. 2011
..To assess the current state of the art of transanal specimen extraction in colonic resections...
- Laparoscopic total mesorectal excision (TME) for rectal cancer surgery: long-term outcomes
IRCAD European Institute of Telesurgery IRCAD EITS, Louis Pasteur University, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Surg Endosc 18:281-9. 2004
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the perioperative outcome and long-term results of laparoscopic TME...
- Prospective experimental study of transrectal viscerotomy closure using transanal endoscopic suture vs. circular stapler: a step toward NOTES
IRCAD EITS Institute, Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Endoscopy 44:605-11. 2012
- Minimally invasive surgical treatment of sigmoid diverticulitis
B D Barry
Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, IRCAD EITS, University Hospital of Strasbourg, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Langenbecks Arch Surg 397:1035-41. 2012
..Minimally invasive surgery offers many potential advantages to patients in the treatment of diverticulitis and may optimise surgical indications...
- Small bowel exploration and resection using single-port surgery: a safe and feasible approach
IRCAD EITS, Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Colorectal Dis 15:109-14. 2013
- Multimedia article. Combined sentinel node biopsy and localized sigmoid resection entirely by natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: a new challenge to the old paradigm
R A Cahill
Institut de Recherche contre les Cancers de l Appareil Digestif IRCAD EITS, Strasbourg, France
Dis Colon Rectum 52:725. 2009
..We demonstrate localized sigmoidectomy with sentinel node biopsy performed entirely via natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery in a porcine model (see Video, Supplemental Digital Content 1, http://links.lww.com/A1170)...
- Single port laparoscopic cholecystectomy: which technique, which surgeon, for which patient? A study of the implementation in a teaching hospital
IRCAD EITS, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091, Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 18:453-7. 2011
..Single port cholecystectomy is increasingly performed. This procedure can be challenging, and we lack factors predicting the operative difficulty...
- Transvaginal specimen extraction in colorectal surgery: current state of the art
IRCAD EITS, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Colorectal Dis 13:e104-11. 2011
..Background: The expected benefit of transvaginal specimen extraction is reduced incision-related morbidity...
- Localized resection for colon cancer
R A Cahill
Department of Surgery, IRCAD EITS, 1 Place de l Hopital, Strasbourg 67091, France
Surg Oncol 18:334-42. 2009
- MAGNAMOSIS IV: magnetic compression anastomosis for minimally invasive colorectal surgery
IRCAD, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, Strasbourg, France
Endoscopy 45:643-8. 2013
..The aim of this study was to show the feasibility of the MAGNAMOSIS system in hybrid endoscopic colorectal surgery and to compare magnetic and conventional stapled anastomoses...
- PerFix™ plug versus 4DDOME(®) implants for inguinal hernia repair: prospective multicentric randomised controlled trial
Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Strasbourg, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Hernia 16:561-6. 2012
..We designed a prospective randomised study, which aims to compare the PerFix™ plug to the 4DDOME(®), a partially absorbable mesh...
- Telerobotic laparoscopic cholecystectomy: initial clinical experience with 25 patients
Department of Digestive Surgery, Universite Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
Ann Surg 234:1-7. 2001
..This will serve as a preliminary step toward the integration of computer-rendered three-dimensional preoperative imaging studies of anatomy and pathology onto the patient's own anatomy during surgery...
- Two-stage totally minimally invasive approach for acute complicated diverticulitis
IRCAD, University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Colorectal Dis 8:501-5. 2006
..Potential advantages include the avoidance of a laparotomy, stoma and local infections at the origin of dehiscence and incisional hernias. We evaluated this approach in a selected group of patients...
- Teleeducation in surgery: European Institute for Telesurgery experience
IRCAD/EITS Institut de Recherche sur les Cancers de l'Appareil digestif/European Institute for TeleSurgery, HÄµpitaux Universitaires BP 426, Strasbourg, France
World J Surg 25:1490-4. 2001
..Finally, the use of the Internet will provide access to this information, whenever and wherever necessary, through dedicated websites. It remains to be adequately demonstrated that these means will allow improvement in patient care...
- Laparoscopic surgery for cancer: are we ready?
IRCAD EITS, European Institute of Telesurgery, University of Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 66:227-30. 2003
..Bearing in mind that in many fields of digestive cancer surgery, laparoscopy should still be conducted as part of a trial, it is safe to say that "we are ready" for this revolution to arise...