- Advance directives: legal remedies and psychosocial interventions
Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University, New York, USA
Death Stud 24:377-99. 2000
..Implications for practice are discussed, including practical suggestions for increasing the likelihood that a patient's wishes will be respected by medical providers...
- Managed care and the judicial system: another avenue for reform?
Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University, New York, NY 10033 3299, USA
Health Soc Work 27:27-35. 2002
..Social workers need to look beyond the "next best" reform of managed care and advocate for more fundamental solutions to the inequities and inefficiencies in the provision of health care...
- TANF: what went wrong and what to do next
Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University
Soc Work 47:279-90. 2002
..During the TANF evaluation period, social workers are urged to take a more active role in urging TANF modifications...
- Social work and the Supreme Court: a clash of values; a time for action
Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY 10025, USA
Soc Work 49:327-30. 2004
- Principled negotiation: a new tool for case advocacy
School of Social Work, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Soc Work 49:506-13. 2004
..A case example applying the rules of principled negotiation is described in the context of case advocacy. Its application to other social work practice methods is also examined...
- Advocacy and argumentation in the public arena: a guide for social workers
School of Social Work, Columbia University, New York, NY 10025, USA
Soc Work 50:231-8. 2005
..The use and misuses of language are discussed. Excerpts from published op-ed pieces are used for illustration...