Bassem I Yamout
Affiliation: Saint Joseph University
- Adherence to disease-modifying drugs in patients with multiple sclerosis: a consensus statement from the Middle East MS Advisory GroupBassem I Yamout
Internal Medicine, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Int J Neurosci 120:273-9. 2010..The group debated several key questions about the features and causes of patient nonadherence and its management. Further, they made recommendations for optimizing treatment adherence in this area...
- Predictors of quality of life among multiple sclerosis patients: a comprehensive analysisB Yamout
Department of Neurology, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Eur J Neurol 20:756-64. 2013..However, no study assessed the role of the different demographic, clinical, physical, social, economic and psychological parameters in the perception of patients with MS of their QOL...
- Successful treatment of refractory neuroSjogren with RituximabB Yamout
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Lupus 16:521-3. 2007..Rituximab may be considered as an effective and promising novel therapy in SS patients with neurological involvement...
- Clinical characteristics of multiple sclerosis in LebanonB Yamout
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Lebanon
J Neurol Sci 270:88-93. 2008..Although some of the clinical characteristics of our MS population were different compared to western series, the natural history of the disease was similar...
- Prognostic factors of multiple sclerosis in LebanonBassem Yamout
Department of Neurology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Int J Neurosci 120:206-10. 2010..Most of the data on these factors however comes from studies performed in western countries. Such data is lacking in the Arab World. The objective of this study is to identify early predictors of disability among MS patients in Lebanon...
- Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in patients with multiple sclerosis: a pilot studyBassem Yamout
Departments of Internal Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
J Neuroimmunol 227:185-9. 2010..Vision and low contrast sensitivity testing at 3 months showed improvement in 5/6 and worsening in 1/6 patients. Early results show hints of clinical but not radiological efficacy and evidence of safety with no serious adverse events...
- Extracranial venous stenosis is an unlikely cause of multiple sclerosisBassem Yamout
Department of Internal Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Mult Scler 16:1341-8. 2010..Extracranial venous stenosis (EVS) has recently been implicated as the primary cause of multiple sclerosis (MS). Objective: The aim of this study was to determine the presence of EVS in MS patients...
- Motor variant of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy in a childDurriyah D Sinno
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Pediatr Neurol 38:426-9. 2008....