- A phase II randomized study comparing navelbine and capecitabine (Navcap) followed either by Navcap or by weekly docetaxel in the first-line treatment of HER-2/neu negative metastatic breast cancerM Ghosn
Hematology and Medical Oncology Department, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Alfred Naccache BLVD, PO Box 166830 Beirut, Lebanon
Med Oncol 28:S142-51. 2011..Adverse events were mild. Arm A: grade 3-4 neutropenia (10%), grade 3 anemia (5%). Arm B: grade 3 neutropenia (6%), grade 3 anemia (6.2%), and grade 2 alopecia (12%)...
- Sequential FOLFOX-6 and gemcitabine for locally advanced and/or metastatic pancreatic cancerM Ghosn
Department of Oncology Hematology, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Achrafieh, Blvd Alfred Naccache, P O Box 166830, Beirut, Lebanon
Med Oncol 29:2831-7. 2012..In APC, FOLFOX-6 regimen followed by gemcitabine achieved an interesting RR within a tolerable level of toxicity. This regimen seems to warrant further investigation to confirm its efficacy...
- Experience with palliative care in patients with advanced cancer at a tertiary care hospital in a developing countryMarwan Ghosn
Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Achrafieh, Beirut, Lebanon
Support Care Cancer 19:573-5. 2011..Revisiting the continuum of cancer care is called for to better identify the optimal timing of intervention and avoid end of life distress...
- Sequential vinorelbine-capecitabine followed by docetaxel in advanced breast cancer: long-term results of a pilot phase II trialMarwan Ghosn
Department of Oncology, Hematology, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Achrafieh, Blvd Alfred Naccache, P O Box 166830, Beirut, Lebanon
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:11-8. 2008..To evaluate the response rate of the combination of capecitabine (C) and vinorelbine (V) followed by Docetaxel (D) in the 1st line treatment of advanced and metastatic breast cancer patients...
- Triple-negative breast cancer in Lebanon: a case seriesMarwan Ghosn
Saint Joseph University School of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon
Oncologist 16:1552-6. 2011..To determine the incidence, characteristics, and survival outcomes of triple-negative breast cancer patients in a medical oncology practice in Lebanon...
- FOLFOX-6 combination as the first-line treatment of locally advanced and/or metastatic pancreatic cancerMarwan Ghosn
Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Am J Clin Oncol 30:15-20. 2007..This phase II trial was conducted to investigate the efficacy of oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and folinic acid (FOLFOX-6) in previously untreated APC patients...
- Phase II trial of capecitabine and vinorelbine as first-line chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer patientsMarwan Ghosn
Department of Oncology Hematology, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Achrafieh, Blvd Alfred Naccache, P O Box 166830, Beirut, Lebanon, France
Anticancer Res 26:2451-6. 2006..The aim of this multicenter phase II trial was to assess the combination of capecitabine and vinorelbine as first-line chemotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Anal cancer treatment: current status and future perspectivesMarwan Ghosn
Marwan Ghosn, Hampig Raphael Kourie, Pamela Abdayem, Joelle Antoun, Dolly Nasr, Hematology Oncology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
World J Gastroenterol 21:2294-302. 2015..Many novel strategies, such as targeted therapies, vaccination, immunotherapy and photodynamic therapy are in clinical trials for the treatment of AC, with promising results in some indications. ..
- Current strategies in the treatment of metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancerMarwan Ghosn
Hematology Oncology Department, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Tunis Med 83:74. 2005
- Distribution of testicular tumors in Lebanon: a single institution overviewTarek Assi
Hematology Oncology Department, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 16:3443-6. 2015..The purpose of this study was to estimate the epidemiological characteristics and histological subtypes of testicular tumors in the Lebanese population according to the WHO classification of testicular and paratesticular tumors...
- Outcome of cancer patients admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU)Marwan Ghosn
Department of Hematology Oncology, Hotel Dieu de France Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
J Med Liban 50:132-6. 2002..The duration of stay in the ICU was the only factor affecting mortality. Age, disease type and MV did not influence the mortality rate in this population...
- Optimum chemotherapy in the management of metastatic pancreatic cancerMarwan Ghosn
Marwan Ghosn, Hampig Raphael Kourie, Fadi El Karak, Colette Hanna, Joelle Antoun, Dolly Nasr, Department of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Saint Joseph University, Beirut 166830, Lebanon
World J Gastroenterol 20:2352-7. 2014....
- A collaborative nationwide lymphoma study in Lebanon: incidence of various subtypes and analysis of associations with virusesZaher K Otrock
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Pathol Oncol Res 19:715-22. 2013..The distribution of lymphoma subtypes in Lebanon appears similar to that of Western countries. The high rate of EBV positivity in HL and T-cell lymphoma by EBER deserves further investigation...