- A phase II randomized study comparing navelbine and capecitabine (Navcap) followed either by Navcap or by weekly docetaxel in the first-line treatment of HER-2/neu negative metastatic breast cancerM Ghosn
Hematology and Medical Oncology Department, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Alfred Naccache BLVD, PO Box 166830 Beirut, Lebanon
Med Oncol 28:S142-51. 2011..2%), and grade 2 alopecia (12%). Conclusion: Both Navcap and Navcap followed by Docetaxel regimens were tolerated with manageable toxicity, offering consistent activities in terms of response rate for metastatic breast cancer patients...
- Sequential FOLFOX-6 and gemcitabine for locally advanced and/or metastatic pancreatic cancerM Ghosn
Department of Oncology Hematology, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Achrafieh, Blvd Alfred Naccache, P O Box 166830, Beirut, Lebanon
Med Oncol 29:2831-7. 2012..In APC, FOLFOX-6 regimen followed by gemcitabine achieved an interesting RR within a tolerable level of toxicity. This regimen seems to warrant further investigation to confirm its efficacy...
- Sequential vinorelbine-capecitabine followed by docetaxel in advanced breast cancer: long-term results of a pilot phase II trialMarwan Ghosn
Department of Oncology, Hematology, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Achrafieh, Blvd Alfred Naccache, P O Box 166830, Beirut, Lebanon
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:11-8. 2008..To evaluate the response rate of the combination of capecitabine (C) and vinorelbine (V) followed by Docetaxel (D) in the 1st line treatment of advanced and metastatic breast cancer patients...
- Experience with palliative care in patients with advanced cancer at a tertiary care hospital in a developing countryMarwan Ghosn
Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Achrafieh, Beirut, Lebanon
Support Care Cancer 19:573-5. 2011..Revisiting the continuum of cancer care is called for to better identify the optimal timing of intervention and avoid end of life distress...
- Triple-negative breast cancer in Lebanon: a case seriesMarwan Ghosn
Saint Joseph University School of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon
Oncologist 16:1552-6. 2011..To determine the incidence, characteristics, and survival outcomes of triple-negative breast cancer patients in a medical oncology practice in Lebanon...
- FOLFOX-6 combination as the first-line treatment of locally advanced and/or metastatic pancreatic cancerMarwan Ghosn
Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Am J Clin Oncol 30:15-20. 2007..This phase II trial was conducted to investigate the efficacy of oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and folinic acid (FOLFOX-6) in previously untreated APC patients...
- Phase II trial of capecitabine and vinorelbine as first-line chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer patientsMarwan Ghosn
Department of Oncology Hematology, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Achrafieh, Blvd Alfred Naccache, P O Box 166830, Beirut, Lebanon, France
Anticancer Res 26:2451-6. 2006..The aim of this multicenter phase II trial was to assess the combination of capecitabine and vinorelbine as first-line chemotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Current strategies in the treatment of metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancerMarwan Ghosn
Hematology Oncology Department, Hotel Dieu de France University Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Tunis Med 83:74. 2005
- Outcome of cancer patients admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU)Marwan Ghosn
Department of Hematology Oncology, Hotel Dieu de France Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
J Med Liban 50:132-6. 2002..The duration of stay in the ICU was the only factor affecting mortality. Age, disease type and MV did not influence the mortality rate in this population...