Affiliation: American University of Beirut
- A proposed metric for assessing the measurement quality of individual microarraysKyoungmi Kim
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 7:35. 2006..In some cases this may be manifested as systematic spatial variation on the surface of microarray in which expression measurements within an individual array may vary as a function of geographic position on the array surface...
- Sources of variation in Affymetrix microarray experimentsStanislav O Zakharkin
University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:214. 2005..The objectives of this study were: (1) to estimate relative magnitudes of different sources of variation and (2) to evaluate agreement between biological and technical replicates...
- Optimal allocation of replicates for measurement evaluation studiesStanislav O Zakharkin
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0022, USA
Genomics Proteomics Bioinformatics 4:196-202. 2006..Therefore, it is recommended to use two technical replicates for each biological replicate if the goal is to evaluate the reproducibility of measurements...
- Microarray analysisGrier P Page
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Hoover, AL, USA
Methods Mol Biol 404:409-30. 2007..These steps include a clearly stated biological question, experimental design, careful experimental conduct, complete statistical analysis, validation/verification of results, and dissemination of the data...
- Bayesian analyses of multiple epistatic QTL models for body weight and body composition in miceNengjun Yi
Department of Biostatistics, Section on Statistical Genetics, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Genet Res 87:45-60. 2006..Several main and epistatic effects were shared by the body composition and body weight traits, suggesting that pleiotropy plays an important role in growth and obesity...
- HDBStat!: a platform-independent software suite for statistical analysis of high dimensional biology dataPrinal Trivedi
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:86. 2005..HDBStat! provides statisticians and biologists a flexible and easy-to-use interface to analyze complex microarray data using a variety of methods for data preprocessing, quality control analysis and hypothesis testing...
- Characterization of epistasis influencing complex spontaneous obesity in the BSB modelNengjun Yi
Department of Biostatistics, Section on Statistical Genetics, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Genetics 167:399-409. 2004..Chromosomes 6 and 12 have not only main effects but also strong epistatic effects on plasma total cholesterol. Our results emphasize the importance of modeling epistasis for discovery of obesity genes...
- Identification of positional candidate genes for body weight and adiposity in subcongenic miceSally Chiu
Rowe Program in Genetics, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Physiol Genomics 31:75-85. 2007..Using subcongenic mapping, we successfully narrowed a body weight and obesity QTL interval and identified PC2 as a positional candidate gene...
- alpha- and gamma-Tocopherol prevent age-related transcriptional alterations in the heart and brain of miceSang Kyu Park
Department of Genetics and Medical Genetics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Nutr 138:1010-8. 2008..These results demonstrate that middle age-onset dietary supplementation with alphaT and gammaT can partially prevent age-associated transcriptional changes and that these effects are tissue and tocopherol specific...