- Standard-intensity vs low-dose anticoagulation for long-term management of patients with venous thromboembolism
The Ottawa Hospital, Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 3:877-9. 2005
- Therapeutic plasma exchange in Mexico: experience from a single institution
Department of Hematology Oncology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion, Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga 15, Tlalpan 14000, Mexico City, D F Mexico
Am J Hematol 70:16-21. 2002
..Our complication rate is similar to that reported by others. Careful selection of patients and protocols is crucial to achieve maximum benefit from TPE programs in countries where plasmapheresis facilities are not widely available...
- Platelet satellitism, spurious neutropenia, and cutaneous vasculitis: casual or causal association?
Hematology and Oncology Department, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico D F, Mexico
Am J Hematol 70:246-9. 2002
- The effect of low-molecular-weight heparin on cancer survival. A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials
Division of Hematology, The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 5:729-37. 2007
..Low-molecular-weight heparins (LMWH) have an antitumor effect in vitro and in experimental animal models of malignancy. Retrospective data suggest that it might improve survival in cancer patients...
- Study of Octaplex dosing accuracy: an in vitro analysis
Christopher J Patriquin
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Thromb Haemost 107:248-52. 2012
..5 but factors were not uniformly >0.50 IU until 2,000 IU, and not >1.00 IU until 3,000 IU. This suggests that INR correction alone may not accurately reflect factor activity, and lends support for weight-based dosing...
- Long-term dalteparin in pregnancy not associated with a decrease in bone mineral density: substudy of a randomized controlled trial
M A Rodger
Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 5:1600-6. 2007
..The risk of decreased bone mineral density (BMD) with prophylactic dose long-term low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH) is unknown...
- Ambulatory management of pulmonary embolism: a pragmatic evaluation
M J Kovacs
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 8:2406-11. 2010
..Patients diagnosed with pulmonary embolism should be considered for treatment on an outpatient basis; however, this practise is not accepted in many centers...
- Moderate and severe neutropenia in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:994-8. 2006
..The aim of this work was to review the cases of moderate and severe neutropenia in our cohort of SLE patients in order to identify predisposing factors, clinical outcomes and related prognostic implications...
- The risk of dialysis access thrombosis is related to the transforming growth factor-beta1 production haplotype and is modified by polymorphisms in the plasminogen activator inhibitor-type 1 gene
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Blood 108:4052-8. 2006
..We concluded that low TGF-beta1 production haplotype is a risk factor for hemodialysis access thrombosis and that in the presence of the 4G/4G PAI-1 genotype there is an additional increase in risk...
- [Sticky platelet syndrome]
Rev Invest Clin 56:103-4; author reply 105. 2004
- Methodologic pitfalls in measurement of 5-hydroxytriptamine uptake transporters in human platelets by [3H]-paroxetine binding assay
División de Servicios Clínicos, Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente, Mexico City, DF, Mexico
Arch Med Res 34:422-7. 2003
- Serum hyperviscosity syndrome responding to therapeutic plasmapheresis in a patient with primary Sjögren's syndrome
J Abraham Simón
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga 15, Tlalpan 14000, Mexico City, DF, Mexico
J Clin Apher 17:44-6. 2002
..We report the case of a patient with primary Sjögren's syndrome presenting as hyperviscosity syndrome who was successfully treated with therapeutic plasma exchange...