- Comparison of whole-blood metal ion levels in four types of metal-on-metal large-diameter femoral head total hip arthroplasty: the potential influence of the adapter sleeve
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5415 Assomption Boulevard, Montreal, QC H1T 2M4, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:128-36. 2011
- The John Charnley Award: The functional outcome of hip resurfacing and large-head THA is the same: a randomized, double-blind study
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5415 Assomption Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, H1T 2M4, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:326-36. 2010
..The operated patients reached most control group values at 3 months postoperatively. By these measures, HR did not provide better clinical function over large-head THA...
- Residual groin pain at a minimum of two years after metal-on-metal THA with a twenty-eight-millimeter femoral head, THA with a large-diameter femoral head, and hip resurfacing
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, 5415, boulevard de l Assomption, Montreal, QC H1T 2M4, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:93-8. 2011
..3% of patients after total hip arthroplasty and up to 18% of patients one year after hip resurfacing. The incidence of this problem after total hip arthroplasty with a large-diameter femoral head is unknown...
- Range of motion of large head total hip arthroplasty is greater than 28 mm total hip arthroplasty or hip resurfacing
Department of Surgery, Montreal University, Quebec, Canada
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 26:267-73. 2011
- Factors affecting acetabular bone loss during primary hip arthroplasty--a quantitative analysis using computer simulation
Department of Surgery, University of Montreal, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5345 Boul L Assomption, Suite 55 Montréal, Quebec, Canada H1T 4B3
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 23:577-83. 2008
..Although, various factors may affect the degree of acetabular bone loss during primary hip arthroplasty, they have not been quantified previously...
- Bone-wax granuloma after femoral neck osteoplasty
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Que
Can J Surg 51:E58-60. 2008
- Metal Ion release with large-diameter metal-on-metal hip arthroplasty
Pascal André Vendittoli
Surgery Department of Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Arthroplasty 26:282-8. 2011
..We recommend modification or abandonment of the modular junction and femoral head open design for this specific LDH-THA system...
- Gait patterns after total hip arthroplasty and surface replacement arthroplasty
Department of Kinesiology, University of Montreal, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 90:463-9. 2009
..To compare gait patterns in patients with total hip arthroplasty (THA) and surface hip arthroplasty...
- Alumina on alumina versus metal on conventional polyethylene: a randomized clinical trial with 9 to 15 years follow-up
Pascal André Vendittoli
From the Montreal University Hospital, and the Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Quebec
Acta Orthop Belg 79:181-90. 2013
..Our study confirms, in the long-term, the superiority of ceramic-on-ceramic pairing in comparison to metal-on-conventional polyethylene and supports their use in young, active patients...
- Femoral component positioning in hip resurfacing with and without navigation
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:1341-7. 2009
..The average operative time was 111 minutes for the navigated group and 105 minutes for the nonnavigated group. Image-free navigation decreased the number of patients with potentially undesirable implant placements...
- Postural balance during quiet standing in patients with total hip arthroplasty and surface replacement arthroplasty
Department of Kinesiology, University of Montreal, CP 6128 Centre Ville, Montreal, Canada
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 23:402-7. 2008
..The aims of this study are (1) to compare postural stability in patients after total hip and surface replacement arthroplasties and (2) to evaluate the effect of the biomechanical reconstruction on postural stability...
- Factors affecting hip range of motion in surface replacement arthroplasty
Pascal André Vendittoli
Department of Surgery, Montreal University, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H1T 2M4
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 22:1004-12. 2007
..However, there is paucity of information on the effect of such factors...
- Evaluation of the method for analyzing chromium, cobalt and titanium ion levels in the blood following hip replacement with a metal-on-metal prosthesis
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Surgery Department, Montreal University, Canada
J Anal Toxicol 37:90-6. 2013
..Therefore, HR-ICP-MS is a clinically acceptable method to evaluate metal ion levels in blood following hip replacement with an MoM prosthesis, and it is not necessary to discard the purge sample to obtain repeatable results...
- Painful impingement of the hip joint after total hip resurfacing: a report of two cases
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Arthroplasty 23:1074-9. 2008
..Femoral head-neck offset restoration can be achieved by proper femoral component positioning (especially optimal translation), by femoral neck osteoplasty or by increasing femoral component head size appropriately...
- Supra acetabular bone mineral density measurements after hip resurfacing arthroplasty at short term follow up
Chabane Ait Yahia
Research Centre of Maisonneuve, Maissonnueve Rosemont Hospital, 5415 Assomption Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hip Int 21:468-74. 2011
..70 g/cm2 ±0.49) (p=0.904). Contrary to our expectations, implantation of a monoblock Co-Cr acetabular component during HR did not cause significant stress-shielding of supra acetabular cancellous bone...
- Postural balance during quiet standing in patients with total hip arthroplasty with large diameter femoral head and surface replacement arthroplasty
Department of Kinesiology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 90:1607-12. 2009
..To compare postural balance between patients who have had either a large diameter head total hip arthroplasty or surface replacement arthroplasty...
- A new interface element with progressive damage and osseointegration for modeling of interfaces in hip resurfacing
Laboratoire de Recherche en Imagerie et Orthopédie LIO, Ecole de technologie superieure, Montreal, QC, Canada
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 227:209-20. 2013
- A comparison of clinical results of hip resurfacing arthroplasty and 28 mm metal on metal total hip arthroplasty: a randomised trial with 3-6 years follow-up
Pascal André Vendittoli
Surgery Department, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hip Int 20:1-13. 2010
- Comparison of alumina-alumina to metal-polyethylene bearing surfaces in THA: a randomized study with 4- to 9-years follow-up
Hopital Maisonneuve Rosemont, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Acta Orthop Belg 73:468-77. 2007
..This study is in line with other reports indicating that alumina-alumina bearing surfaces have better wear properties than metal-on standard polyethylene and should be considered for THA in young and active patients...
- Heterotopic ossification after surface replacement arthroplasty and total hip arthroplasty: a randomized study
Krishna Reddi Boddu Siva Rama
Department of Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Arthroplasty 24:256-62. 2009
..Surgeons offering surface replacement must be aware of this risk and use meticulous surgical technique and consider routine prophylaxis against heterotopic ossification...
- Periprosthetic joint infections at a teaching hospital in 1990-2007
Centre de recherche Hôpital Maisonneuve Rosemont, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Que
Can J Surg 55:394-400. 2012
..We sought to evaluate hip and knee arthroplasty infection rates at our hospital, compare them in periods before and after implementation of measures to reduce PJIs (1990-2002 and 2003-2007) and identify associated risk factors...
- A multimodal analgesia protocol for total knee arthroplasty. A randomized, controlled study
Pascal André Vendittoli
Orthopaedic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5345 Boul L Assomption, Suite 55, Montreal, Quebec H1T 4B3, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:282-9. 2006
..This study was performed to evaluate the benefits and safety of a multimodal analgesia protocol that included periarticular injection of large doses of local anesthetics in patients undergoing total knee arthroplasty...
- Regulation of the expression of 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein/5-lipoxygenase and the synthesis of leukotriene B(4) in osteoarthritic chondrocytes: role of transforming growth factor beta and eicosanoids
Osteoarthritis Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hopital Notre Dame, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 50:3925-33. 2004
- Distribution of vascular foramina around the femoral head and neck junction: relevance for conservative intracapsular procedures of the hip
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Berne, Inselspital, CH 3010 Berne, Switzerland
Orthop Clin North Am 36:171-6, viii. 2005
..This larger segment should be carefully protected during any conservative intracapsular procedure of the hip and may be desirable in femoral head resurfacing arthroplasty...