- Training-induced increase in nitric oxide metabolites in chronic heart failure and coronary artery disease: an extra benefit of water-based exercises?
Universite de Franche Comte, IFR 133 EA3920, Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Besancon, France
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 16:215-21. 2009
..Rehabilitation programs involving immersed exercises are more and more frequently used, with severe cardiac patients as well...
- [Physiological assessment of a gaseous cryotherapy device: thermal effects and changes in cardiovascular autonomic control]
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Universite de Franche Comte, EA 3920 et IFR133, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 50:209-17. 2007
..The aim of the study was to assess thermal effects and cardiovascular autonomic control with application of a gaseous cryotherapy device to the hand...
- Hyperbaric gaseous cryotherapy: effects on skin temperature and systemic vasoconstriction
Department of Physiology, Franche Comte University, Besancon, France
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 88:1339-43. 2007
- Effects of the cold pressor test on cardiac autonomic control in normal subjects
Universite de Franche Comte, EA 3920 and IFR133, Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, France
Physiol Res 58:83-91. 2009
..Further studies are needed to explain why healthy subjects react differently to the CPT and if this has potential clinical implications...
- Cardiovascular autonomic control during short-term thermoneutral and cool head-out immersion
Universite de Franche Comte, Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Besancon, France
Aviat Space Environ Med 79:14-20. 2008
..Moderately cold head-out water immersion stimulates both baro- and cold-receptors, and triggers complex and contradictory effects on the cardiovascular system and its autonomic nervous control...
- Military diving training improved arterial compliance
Universite de Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Int J Sports Med 30:455-60. 2009
..05). These findings point to a positive effect of a 15-week military diving training course on vascular function, and for a concomitant development of some peripheral vascular acclimatization to cold...
- Cardiovascular rehabilitation increase arterial compliance in type 2 diabetic patients with coronary artery disease
EA 3920 and IFR133, Universite de Franche Comte, Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Besancon, France
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 84:138-44. 2009
..The effect of a cardiovascular rehabilitation program on arterial compliance in type 2 diabetes mellitus with coronary disease was studied...
- Cardiovascular rehabilitation in patients with diabetes
Laboratoire dePhysiologie, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Université de Franche Comté and Clinical Investigation Centre INSERM CIT 808, Hopital St Jacques, Besancon, France
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 30:157-64. 2010
- Exercise rehabilitation restores physiological cardiovascular responses to short-term head-out water immersion in patients with chronic heart failure
Universite de Franche Comte, Clinical Investigation Centre INSERM, Hopital St Jacques, Besancon, France
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 30:22-7. 2010
- Evaluation of fitness level by the oxygen uptake efficiency slope after a short-term intermittent endurance training
Laboratoire de Physiologie Médecine, Besancon, France
Int J Sports Med 25:85-91. 2004
..We concluded that OUES was not sufficiently sensitive to highlight improvement of cardiorespiratory reserve after endurance training whereas VO(2) at peak and VAT levels did...
- Decrease in heart rate variability with overtraining: assessment by the Poincaré plot analysis
Laboratoire de Physiologie Médecine, Faculte de Medecine, Besancon Cedex, France
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 24:10-8. 2004
..We suggest that they could be used to indicate fatigue and/or prevent OT...
- Quantitative Poincaré plot analysis of heart rate variability: effect of endurance training
Laboratoire de Physiologie Médecine, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Place St Jacques, 25030, Besancon Cedex, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 91:79-87. 2004
..These results suggested that Poincaré plot parameters as well as the "width" of the scatter gram could be considered as surrogates of time- and frequency-domain analysis to assess training-induced changes in HRV...
- Conditions of autonomic reciprocal interplay versus autonomic co-activation: effects on non-linear heart rate dynamics
Universite de Franche Comte, EA 3920 and IFR133, Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Besancon, France
Auton Neurosci 137:27-36. 2007
..Using both linear and non-linear analysis of HRV may increase the understanding of changes in cardiac autonomic status...
- Effects of a primary rehabilitation programme on arterial vascular adaptations in an individual with paraplegia
EA 3920, IFR133, Universite de Franche Comte, Besancon, France
Ann Phys Rehabil Med 52:66-73. 2009
..Evaluation of the effects of 6 weeks of wheelchair endurance training on arterial stiffness in an individual with paraplegia...
- Evaluation of cardiorespiratory functional reserve from arm exercise in the elderly
IFR 133, EA 3920 Physiopathologie cardiovasculaire et prévention, Universite de Franche Comte, 25000 Besancon, France
Ann Phys Rehabil Med 53:474-82. 2010
..However, the OUES has not yet been used on elderly subjects from an exercise performed with the arms...
- Late effects of cycle competition on arterial stiffness. A preliminary study
Unit of Metabolic and Cellular Optimization, EA OMC, UFR Medicine and Pharmacy STAPS, Besancon, France
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 46:116-21. 2006
..The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of a cycle competition on the large arteries stiffness, 24-hours after the end of the effort...
- Measurements of cardiac output during constant exercises: comparison of two non-invasive techniques
Laboratoire des Sciences du Sport, Besancon, France
Int J Sports Med 25:145-9. 2004
..The present results suggest that electrical impedance cardiography method provides acceptable evaluation of CO and may favourably replace the CO (2) rebreathing technique during mild (or moderate) to high steady-state exercises...
- Short-term vasomotor adjustments to post immersion dehydration are hindered by natriuretic peptides
Physiologie Médecine and EA 479, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Place St Jacques 25030 Besançon, France
Undersea Hyperb Med 31:203-10. 2004
..We hypothesized that the higher levels of plasma natriuretic peptides after WI were likely counteracting the dehydration-required vasomotor adjustments...
- Effect of endurance training on different mechanical efficiency indices during submaximal cycling in subjects unaccustomed to cycling
Laboratoire de Modélisation des Activités Sportives LMAS, Université de Savoie CISM, Le Bourget du Lac, France
Can J Appl Physiol 30:520-8. 2005
..We conclude that mechanical efficiency of cycling increases with training in women previously unfamiliar with cycling, and that the WE index is less sensitive to this training effect than GE and NE indices...
- Side-effects of L-dopa on venous tone in Parkinson's disease: a leg-weighing assessment
Jean Pierre Wolf
Physiologie, Faculté de Médecine and UPRES EA 3920 IFR 133, Universite de Franche Comte, F 25030 Besancon, France
Clin Sci (Lond) 110:369-77. 2006
..These pharmacological side-effects contributed to reduce venous return and arterial blood pressure which, together with a lowered heart rate, worsened the haemodynamic status...
- Short- and long-term effects of a single bout of exercise on heart rate variability: comparison between constant and interval training exercises
Laboratoire de Physiologie Médecine, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Place St Jacques, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 92:508-17. 2004
..The short-term HRV recovery seemed dependent on the type of exercise, contrary to the long-term recovery...
- Supra-maximal cycling efficiency assessed in humans by using a new protocol
Laboratoire de Physiologie Médecine, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Besancon, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 93:325-32. 2004
- Cardiovascular and oxygen uptake kinetics during sequential heavy cycling exercises
Dept of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1
Can J Appl Physiol 28:283-98. 2003
..Under these circumstances, the amplitude of the fast component was more sensitive to prior heavy exercise than was the associated time constant...
- Effects of resuming endurance training on arterial stiffness and nitric oxide production during exercise in elite cyclists
Unité de Formation et de Recherche en Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives et Médecine Pharmacie, Besancon, France
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 31:244-9. 2006
..These results show that resumption of chronic endurance training rapidly induces adaptive changes in arterial stiffness and NO release that may contribute to improved physical fitness in athletes...