- [Colorectal oncogenesis]
Universite Paris Descartes, UMR S775, pole de biologie, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou AP HP, Paris, France
Bull Cancer 97:1311-21. 2010
..The RAS-MAP kinase pathway is activated by KRAS mutations in CIN tumors or by BRAF mutations in MSI tumors. The p53 pathway is inactivated by TP53 inactivation in CIN tumors or by BAX inactivating mutations in MSI tumors...
- Analysis of PTEN, BRAF, and EGFR status in determining benefit from cetuximab therapy in wild-type KRAS metastatic colon cancer
INSERM UMR S775 Molecular Basis of Xenobiotics Response, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 27:5924-30. 2009
..However, only half of these patients will benefit from treatment, suggesting the need to identify additional biomarkers for cetuximab-based treatment efficacy...
- Mutations and response to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors
Université Paris Descartes and INSERM, U775, Bases Moléculaires de la Réponse aux Xénobiotiques, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 15:1133-9. 2009
..Furthermore, our understanding of the mechanism of the EGFR network activation provides new hypotheses on potential new anticancer drugs that may be effective...
- KRAS mutation status is predictive of response to cetuximab therapy in colorectal cancer
Universite Paris Descartes, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale UMR 775, Paris, France
Cancer Res 66:3992-5. 2006
..The EGFR amplification, which is not as frequent as initially reported, is also associated with response to this treatment...
- [Technical considerations for KRAS testing in colorectal cancer. The biologist's point of view]
INSERM, UMR S775, 75006 Paris, France
Bull Cancer 96:S47-56. 2009
..KRAS testing is the first predictive genetic test in a frequent solid tumour, the establishment of a QA-program can serve as a future example for the introduction of other markers based on tumour genetic alterations...
- Characterization of a frequent polymorphism in the coding sequence of the Tp53 gene in colonic cancer patients and a control population
Laboratoire de Génétique Moléculaire des Tumeurs, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Hum Genet 86:369-70. 1991
..We could find no evidence that this polymorphism is associated with a marked predisposition to colorectal cancer...
- Somatically acquired genetic alterations in flat colorectal neoplasias
INSERM U434, C E P H, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 77:366-9. 1998
..With the exception of a low KRAS mutation rate, flat adenomas appear to follow tumorigenesis pathways very similar to those identified in exophytic adenomas and carcinomas...
- [Biological criteria of eligibility for a treatment against EGFR]
Inserm UMR S775, Bases Moléculaires de la Réponse aux Xénobiotiques, Laboratoire de Toxicologie Moléculaire, 45, rue des Saints Pères, 75006 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 25:21-4. 2009
..Targeting mTOR pathway overcomes resistance to EGFR inhibitors and produces a cooperative effect with EGFR inhibitors, providing a valid therapeutic strategy to be tested in a clinical setting...
- Sequence of molecular genetic events in colorectal tumorigenesis
Laboratoire de Toxicologie Moléculaire, INSERM U490, Paris, France
Eur J Cancer Prev 8:S39-47. 1999
..In the p53 pathway LOH-positive tumours showed frequent p53 mutation, whereas MSI-positive tumours demonstrated BAX (BCL-2-associated X protein)-inactivating mutation. These alterations contribute to the adenoma-carcinoma transition...
- Efficient screening of p53 mutations by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis in colorectal tumors
Laboratoire de Genetique des Tumeurs, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Oncogene 8:2213-20. 1993
..The computer program was found to be reliably predictive. This DGGE procedure appears thus to be effective and reliable for detecting mutations in exons 5-8 of the p53 gene...
- KRAS mutations as an independent prognostic factor in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with cetuximab
L Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U775, Universite Paris Descartes, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75006 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 26:374-9. 2008
..The aim of this study was to validate, in an independent larger series of 89 patients, the prognostic value of KRAS mutations on response to cetuximab and survival...
- Oncogenic mutations as predictive factors in colorectal cancer
INSERM UMR S 775 Molecular Basis of Response to Xenobiotics, Paris, France
Oncogene 29:3033-43. 2010
- [Predictive factors of response to anti-EGFR treatments in colorectal cancer]
Inserm UMR S775, Bases Moléculaires de la Réponse aux Xénobiotiques, Universite Paris Descartes, 45, rue des Saints Pères, 75006 Paris, France
Bull Cancer 95:133-40. 2008
- Germline mutation profile of the VHL gene in von Hippel-Lindau disease and in sporadic hemangioblastoma
Fondation Jean Dausset CEPH, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 12:424-30. 1998
- Additional value of EGFR downstream signaling phosphoprotein expression to KRAS status for response to anti-EGFR antibodies in colorectal cancer
Institut National de la Recherche et de la Santé Médicale, UMR S775, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 127:1321-31. 2010
..Our results suggest the importance of EGFR downstream signaling phosphoproteins expression in addition to KRAS status to define the subgroup of patients who will not benefit from anti-EGFR therapy...
- Association of a duodenal follicular lymphoma and hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer
Services d anatomie pathologique, Hopital Laennec, Paris, France
Mod Pathol 13:586-90. 2000
..In agreement with mouse models for HNPCC, these results suggest the involvement of alternative mechanisms to complete mismatch repair deficiency for lymphomagenesis in HNPCC syndrome...
- Genetics of hepatocellular tumors
INSERM, U775, , Paris, France
Oncogene 25:3778-86. 2006
..These classifications have clinical relevance as genetic alterations may also be related to prognosis...
- Genetics: Predictive value of KRAS mutations in chemoresistant CRC
INSERM Laboratory, Paris, France
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 6:306-7. 2009
..KRAS mutations have emerged as a valid predictive marker associated with resistance to cetuximab and lack of survival benefit from this anti-EGFR antibody in patients with chemoresistant colorectal cancer...
- [The biological point of view on pharmacogenetics of anticancer agents in colorectal cancer]
Universite Paris Descartes, Inserm UMR S U775 Bases moléculaires de la réponse aux xénobiotiques, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, pole de biologie, Pôle de Cancérologie
Bull Cancer 95:935-42. 2008
- K-Ras mutations and treatment outcome in colorectal cancer patients receiving exclusive fluoropyrimidine therapy
Marie Christine Etienne-Grimaldi
Oncopharmacology Department, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 14:4830-5. 2008
..Because combinations of anti-EGFR with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)-based chemotherapy are promising treatments, we analyzed the effect of K-Ras mutations in patients having received exclusive 5-FU therapy...
- Sensitivity to CPT-11 of xenografted human colorectal cancers as a function of microsatellite instability and p53 status
R A Bras-Goncalves
Institut Curie, UMR 147 CNRS Institut Curie, Paris, France
Br J Cancer 82:913-23. 2000
- [Identification and management of HNPCC syndrome (hereditary non polyposis colon cancer), hereditary predisposition to colorectal and endometrial adenocarcinomas]
INSERM U434, CEPH, Paris, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 54:215-29. 2006
..Gene carriers will enter a follow-up program regarding their colorectal and endometrial cancer risks, but other organs being at low lifetime risk, no specific surveillance will be proposed...
- Beta-catenin mutations in hepatocellular carcinoma correlate with a low rate of loss of heterozygosity
Centre d Etude du Polymorphisme Humain, INSERM U434 Laboratoire de Génétique des Tumeurs, Fondation Jean Dausset CEPH, Paris, France
Oncogene 18:4044-6. 1999
..The first mechanism implies a beta catenin activating mutation associated with a low rate of loss of heterozygosity. The second mechanism, operating in a context of chromosomal instability, would involve tumor suppressor genes...
- BRCA1 sequence variations in 160 individuals referred to a breast/ovarian family cancer clinic. Institut Curie Breast Cancer Group
Unité de Génétique Oncologique and Unité INSERM U 434, Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 60:1021-30. 1997
..In addition, 15 DNA variants (14 missense mutations and 1 neutral mutation) were identified, 9 of which were novel. Indirect evidence suggests that seven of these mutations are deleterious...
- Glutathione-associated enzymes in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and response to cisplatin-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy
, , Paris, France
Int J Cancer 93:725-30. 2001
..Our data suggest that GST enzymes are associated with larynx cancer and that their use as predictive factors and treatment targets should be further explored...
- UGT1A1 polymorphism can predict hematologic toxicity in patients treated with irinotecan
Jean Francois Cote
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale UMR S775, Bases Moléculaires de la Réponse aux Xénobiotiques, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:3269-75. 2007
- Transcriptome classification of HCC is related to gene alterations and to new therapeutic targets
INSERM U674, CEPH Fondation Jean Dausset, Paris, France
Hepatology 45:42-52. 2007
..In addition, our classification has potential therapeutic implications because 50% of the tumors were related to WNT or AKT pathway activation, which potentially could be targeted by specific inhibiting therapies...
- Pharmacogenetics of acenocoumarol pharmacodynamics
Pharmacology Department, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:403-14. 2004
..The aim of this study was to investigate the respective contribution of the different cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C9 genetic polymorphisms to the interindividual variability of acenocoumarol pharmacodynamic response...
- CYP3A5 and MDR1 genetic polymorphisms and cyclosporine pharmacokinetics after renal transplantation
Unité INSERM UMR S490, Centre Universitaire des Saints Peres, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:422-33. 2004
..We postulated that, in renal transplant recipients, these SNPs could be associated with interindividual variations in cyclosporine pharmacokinetics...
- Evidence of heterogeneity within colorectal liver metastases for allelic losses, mRNA level expression and in vitro response to chemotherapeutic agents
Department of Gastroenterology, Universite Paris V, Laboratoire de Toxicologie Moléculaire, Inserm UMR S775 and AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 127:1028-37. 2010
..Our results demonstrate intermetastatic and intrametastatic heterogeneity suggesting that pretherapeutic analysis of a single tumor biopsy is likely to lead to a misinterpretation of sensitivity to anticancer treatment...
- Preclinical assessment of cisplatin-based therapy versus docetaxel-based therapy on a panel of human non-small-cell lung cancer xenografts
Preclinical Investigation Laboratory, Department of Translational Research, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Anticancer Drugs 20:932-40. 2009
..In conclusion, this panel of human NSCLC xenografts reliably reproduces the data obtained in patient tumors and the relative sensitivity to docetaxel reported in NSCLC patients...
- Cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) and vitamin K epoxide reductase (VKORC1) genotypes as determinants of acenocoumarol sensitivity
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité Mixte de Recherche Scientifique, University Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Blood 106:135-40. 2005
- No somatic genetic change in the paxillin gene in nonsmall-cell lung cancer
INSERM, UMR S775, Paris, France
Mol Carcinog 48:581-5. 2009
..In conclusion, we do not deny the possible involvement of PXN in cancer but our findings do not support a major role for PXN somatic changes in lung carcinogenesis...
- Genetic polymorphisms of MMP1, MMP3 and MMP7 gene promoter and risk of colorectal adenoma
INSERM U775 et Université René Descartes, Paris, France
BMC Cancer 6:270. 2006
- A genetic study of the role of the Wnt/beta-catenin signalling in Paneth cell differentiation
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
Dev Biol 324:288-96. 2008
..Overall, our findings show that a high level of beta-catenin activation is required to determine Paneth cell fate and that fine tuning of beta-catenin signalling is critical for correct Paneth cell lineage...
- Mitochondrial D310 mutations in colorectal adenomas: an early but not causative genetic event during colorectal carcinogenesis
INSERM, U775, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 122:2242-8. 2008
..Considering their high frequency in colorectal adenomas, mitochondrial D310 mutations could represent a biomarker for early detection of CRC although their causative role in colorectal carcinogenesis remains uncertain...