- Age-related differences in the quality of life in end-stage renal disease in patients enrolled in hemodialysis or continuous peritoneal dialysis
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, U S A
Med Sci Monit 19:378-85. 2013
..Specifically, we hypothesized that younger people will more frequently use goal-oriented strategies to cope with illness-related stress and elderly patients will use more strategies related to the control of emotion...
- The perception of the illness with subsequent outcome measure in more favorable in continuos peritoneal dialysis vs hemodialysis in the framework of appraisal model of stress
1 Department of Nephrology with Dialysis Unit, Military Institute of Medicine, Szaserow 128, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Med Sci 11:291-7. 2014
..Despite different appraisal of stress mood and health related complaints were similar in both groups. This may be a result of optimal regulation of cognitive perception of the stress depending on the circumstances of therapy. ..
- Adoptive transfer of naïve dendritic cells in resolving post-sepsis long-term immunosuppression
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Med Hypotheses 79:478-80. 2012
..Furthermore, we present advantages of the presented therapeutic approach...
- Aberrant function and differentiation of monocytes in end stage renal disease
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania, Dullas 6, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 60:453-9. 2012
..As these effects are consistent across different modes of dialysis, they are probably mediated by the uremia itself...
- Psychological aspects of dialysis: does cognitive appraisal determine the overall outcome?
Department of Anesthesia, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pol Arch Med Wewn 120:49-52. 2010
..Particular emphasis should be placed on the preparation of experimental studies and clinical trials with a longer follow-up...
- Thermal damage of the humidified ventilator circuit in the operating room: an analysis of plausible causes
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Dulles 6, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Anesth Analg 111:1433-6. 2010
..Our conclusions were (1) a combination of factors led to the fires; and (2) substantial changes in the design could decrease, but may not completely eliminate, the risk of operating room fire...
- Peripartum acute coronary syndrome in an otherwise healthy patient
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Clin Anesth 23:661-5. 2011
..A case of acute coronary syndrome in a parturient during urgent cesarean delivery for placental abruption is presented, followed by a brief review of the topic...