Affiliation: Riga Stradins University
- Differences in antibiotic prescribing in three university hospitals in the Baltic region revealed by a simple protocol for quality assessment of therapeutic indicationsU Dumpis
Department of Epidemiology, Stradins University Hospital, Pilsonu 13, 1002 Riga, Latvia
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:568-76. 2007..To identify inexpensive and simple quality parameters for the surveillance of antibiotic use in hospital settings...
- Prevalence of nosocomial infections in two Latvian hospitalsU Dumpis
Stradins University Hospital, Riga, Latvia
Euro Surveill 8:73-8. 2003..Antibacterial treatment was given to 22.3% (288/1291) of hospitalised patients and in 62% (182/288) of these, cefazolin was prescribed. Results from this study will be used to plan a national prevalence survey...
- Healthcare associated infections in university hospitals in Latvia, Lithuania and Sweden: a simple protocol for quality assessmentJ Struwe
Department of Clinical Bacteriology and Infection Control, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Euro Surveill 11:167-71. 2006..The figures obtained can be used for further discussion and form a baseline for follow up at the local level. The comparison of figures between centres was far less relevant than the process the study created...
- Report on the first PVL-positive community acquired MRSA strain in LatviaE Miklasevics
P Stradins Clinical University Hospital, Riga, Latvia
Euro Surveill 9:29-30. 2004..This strain is related to the South Pacific area, and its appearance in Sweden and Latvia demonstrates its global spread...
- Benchmarking antimicrobial drug use at university hospitals in five European countriesV Vlahovic-Palcevski
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Rijeka, University of Rijeka Medical School, Rijeka, Croatia
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:277-83. 2007..A change in prescription practices may reduce unnecessary drug use and decrease antimicrobial resistance...