- Detection of cancerous endobronchial lesions by autofluorescence bronchoscopy combined with mutation analysis of p53
Susanne M Lang
Medizinische Klinik, Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximillians University, Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 10:273-7. 2005
- [Granular cell tumour in a patient with pulmonary tuberculosis]
S M Lang
Karl Hansen Klinik, Bad Lippspringe
Pneumologie 62:158-61. 2008
..Granular cell tumours rarely appear in the trachea, they may be multifocal and sometimes follow a malignant course. Complete resection is the treatment of choice and recurrence rates are low...
- [High prevalence of osteoporosis in adult cystic fibrosis patients]
S M Lang
Klinik Bad Reichenhall der LVA Niederbayern Oberpfalz, Fachklinik für Erkrankungen der Atemwege für Allegien und für Orthopädie, Bad Reichenhall
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:1551-5. 2004
- Acute effects of hemodialysis on lung function in patients with end-stage renal disease
Susanne M Lang
Division of Pneumology, Department of Medicine, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, University of Munich, Germany
Wien Klin Wochenschr 118:108-13. 2006
..Regardless of the membrane used, the hemodialysis procedure does not acutely affect lung function in uremic patients on maintenance hemodialysis. Hemodialysis is a safe procedure even in uremic patients with pre-existing lung disease...
- [Intratracheal tumor? A rare etiology]
S M Lang
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Klinikum, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen
Internist (Berl) 43:999-1002. 2002
- Effects of dialysis purity on uremic dyslipidemia
KfH Renal Center Munich Laim, Munich, Germany
Ther Apher Dial 14:5-11. 2010
..Ultrapure dialysis fluid improves potential parameters of cardiovascular risk by decreasing inflammatory reactions, improving uremic dyslipidemia and lowering oxidative stress...
- Ultrapure dialysis fluid slows loss of residual renal function in new dialysis patients
KfH Dialysezentrum München Laim, Munich, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:1814-8. 2002
..Our prospective randomised investigation aimed to analyse the effects of the microbiological quality of dialysis fluid on the course of residual renal function after initiation of haemodialysis...
- Stopping smoking slows accelerated progression of renal failure in primary renal disease
Deaprtment of Internal Medicine, Innenstadt, University of Munich, Germany
J Nephrol 15:270-4. 2002
..Cigarette smoking accelerates the progression of renal failure in primary kidney diseases. It is not known, however, whether stopping smoking slows this accelerated loss of renal function...
- Folic acid deficiency modifies the haematopoietic response to recombinant human erythropoietin in maintenance dialysis patients
KfH Nierenzentrum München Laim, Elsenheimerstr 63, D80687 Munich, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:133-7. 2006
..While folic acid deficiency causes macrocytic anaemia in non-renal patients, the relevance of altered folate metabolism in anaemia of end-stage renal disease and its response to rHu-EPO is less clear...
- Rapid decline of residual renal function in patients with late renal transplant failure who are re-treated with CAPD
, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
Perit Dial Int 23:398-400. 2003
- Screening for p53 and K-ras mutations in whole-gut lavage in chronic inflammatory bowel disease
Department of Internal Medicine, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, University of Munich, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:1061-6. 2002
..This study investigated the prevalence and time course of p53 and K-ras mutations in colonic lavage fluid of patients with inflammatory bowel disease...
- Daily hemodialysis and the outcome of acute renal failure
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Klinik and Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
N Engl J Med 346:305-10. 2002
..We performed a prospective study to determine the effect of daily intermittent hemodialysis, as compared with conventional (alternate-day) intermittent hemodialysis, on survival among patients with acute renal failure...
- Severe acute hypophosphatemia during renal replacement therapy adversely affects outcome of critically ill patients with acute kidney injury
Department of Internal Medicine Campus Innenstadt, University of Munich, Ziemssenstr 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
Int Urol Nephrol 45:191-7. 2013
..The purpose of this retrospective analysis of the Acute Renal Support Registry of the University of Munich was to examine the association between severe hypophosphatemia and severity of and recovery from AKI...
- Update on biomarkers of acute kidney injury: moving closer to clinical impact?
Department of Internal Medicine IV, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Mol Diagn Ther 16:199-207. 2012
..It needs to be shown whether assignment to earlier treatment for AKI on the basis of generally accepted biomarker cut-off levels results in a reduction in mortality and an improvement in recovery of renal function...
- Exit-site infections by non-diphtheria corynebacteria in CAPD
KfH Nierenzentrum München Laim, Munich, Germany
Perit Dial Int 24:454-9. 2004
..This study highlights the importance of non-diphtheria corynebacteria as emerging nosocomial pathogens in the population of end-stage renal disease patients on on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis...
- Hypertension Secondary to PHPT: Cause or Coincidence?
Department of Internal Medicine Campus Innenstadt, University Hospital, University of Munich, 80336 Munich, Germany
Int J Endocrinol 2011:974647. 2011