- [Iron metabolism in breast cancer: knowledge and future]
Service d Oncologie Medicale, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, Montpellier, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 70:387-96. 2012
..This is an innovative approach that has emerged for treating a cancer which, despite advances in treatment and the emergence of targeted therapies, remains the leading cause of cancer death in women...
- Epidemiological study of prostate cancer (EPICAP): a population-based case-control study in France
Inserm U1018, Center for Research in Epidemiology and Population Health CESP, U1018, Environmental epidemiology of cancer Team, 16av, Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
BMC Cancer 14:106. 2014
..The EPICAP study will particularly focused on the role of circadian disruption, chronic inflammation, hormonal and metabolic factors in the occurrence of prostate cancer...
- SISH/CISH or qPCR as alternative techniques to FISH for determination of HER2 amplification status on breast tumors core needle biopsies: a multicenter experience based on 840 cases
Institut Paoli Calmettes, Biopathology Department, 232 Bd Ste Marguerite, 13009, Marseille, France
BMC Cancer 13:351. 2013
- Worldwide variations in EGFR somatic mutations: a challenge for personalized medicine
Pierre Jean Lamy
Laboratoire de Biologie Spécialisée et Oncogénétique, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, France
Diagn Pathol 7:13. 2012
..Like in lung cancer, the EGFR mutation profiles seem to be related to the ethnical origin of patients. This is an important point that should be considered when developing anti-EGFR therapies...
- Increased prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency in patients with breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, 208, rue des Apothicaires, 34298 Montpellier, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:709-17. 2012
..Further studies are needed to determine how drugs modulate this regulatory mechanism to preserve bone homeostasis in patients with breast cancer...
- The HER2 amplicon in breast cancer: Topoisomerase IIA and beyond
Service d Oncologie Medicale, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, Montpellier, F 34298, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1836:146-57. 2013
..In addition it will discuss the clinical and biological implications of the amplification of ten other genes at this locus (MED1, STARD3, GRB7, THRA, RARA, IGFPB4, CCR7, KRT20, KRT19 and GAST) in breast cancer...
- Lack of EGFR-activating mutations in European patients with triple-negative breast cancer could emphasise geographic and ethnic variations in breast cancer mutation profiles
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, 208, rue des Apothicaires, F 34298, France
Breast Cancer Res 13:R133. 2011
..Because variations in the frequency of EGFR-activating mutations in East Asians and other patients with lung cancer have been described, we evaluated the EGFR mutational profile in tumour samples from European patients with TNBC...