Affiliation: Sri Ramachandra University
Location: Chennai, India
DR. L.V. K. S. Bhaskar
Department of Biomedical Sciences
SRI RAMACHANDRA UNIVERSITY
No.1 Ramachandra Nagar, Porur
Chennai - 600 116
Phone:+91(0)44-24768027 -33 Extn. :8296 or 8297
1. Identification of susceptibility genes associated with non-syndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate in Indian Population: ICMR- 25 lakhs (26-10-2009 to 25-10-2012)
2. Evaluation of insulin metabolic gene(s) polymorphisms in the pathogenesis of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). DBT-21 lakhs (20-10-2010 to 20-10-2013)
3. The role of microRNA in metabolic syndrome. India-Taiwan programme of co-operation in science & technology (DST-17 lakhs + 6 Taiwan visits) (1-03-2011 to 28-02-2014)
1. RamaLakshmi G., Bandyopadhyay S.S., Bhaskar L.V.K.S., Sharma Madhubala, Rao Raghavendra V. Appraisal of risk factors for diabetes mellitus type 2 in central Indian population: a case control study. Antrocom Online Journal of Anthropology 2011, vol. 7. n. 1- ISSN 1973-2880 (In-press)
2. Lakshmi Balaji, Bhaskar LVKS, K. Balaji Singh, Solomon F.D. Paul. Lack of association between ephx1 genotypes and haplotypes with oral cancer in South Indians. Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers 2011 (Impact factor; 1.158).
3. Saikrishna L., Bhaskar LVKS and Rajasekhar M. Molecular genetics of non-syndromic clefts revisited. International journal of Genetics (In press).
4. Jaya Sanyal, Bhaskar LVKS, Avishek Chatterjee, Biswanath Sarkar, Bidhan Chandra Ray, and VR Rao. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of Parkin gene in ten Indian populations. Antrocom Online Journal of Anthropology 2011, vol. 7. n. 1 - ISSN 1973-2880 (In-press)
5. Pramanik V., Sarkar BN., Kar M., Das G., Barman MK, Khannam SK., Bhaskar LVKS. and Rao VR. A Novel Polymorphism in codon 25 of KRAS Gene Associated with Gallbladder carcinoma Patients of Eastern Part of India. Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers 2011 (Impact factor; 1.158).
6. Bhaskar LVKS, Jyotsna Murthy, G. Venkatesh Babu. Polymorphisms in genes involved in folate metabolism and orofacial clefts. Arch Oral Biol. 2011 Feb 8. (Impact factor: 1.649).
7. Ming-Ying Lu, Bhaskar LVKS, Yi-Chu Liao, Pei-Chien Tsai, Yi-Hsin Yang, Suh-Hang Hank Juo. Lack of association between the IL-10 gene polymorphisms and features of the metabolic syndrome. Journal of Investigative Medicine 2011 Feb;59(2):267-71. (Impact factor: 1.628).
8. M. Gopi Chand, J. Srinath, R. S. Rao, Bhaskar LVKS, Satish Kumar, V. R. Rao. Association between the M268T polymorphism in the Angiotensinogen gene and hypertension in South Indian Population. Biochemical Genetics 2011 Feb 11 (Impact factor: 0.878).
9. Bhaskar LVKS, Thangaraj K, Non AL, Singh L, Rao VR. Population-based case-control study of DRD2 gene polymorphisms and Alcoholism. Journal of Addictive Diseases, 29:475–480, 2010 (Impact Factor: 1.182).
10. Bhaskar LVKS, Thangaraj K, Pardhasaradhi G, Praveen Kumar K, Singh L, Rao VR. Neuropeptide Y Gene Polymorphisms are Not Associated with Obesity in a South Indian Population. European journal of clinical nutrition, 2010; 64(8):868-872 (Impact factor: 2.686).
11. Bhaskar LVKS, Thangaraj K, Non, A.L, Praveen Kumar K, Pardhasaradhi G, Singh L, Rao VR. Neuropeptide Y gene functional polymorphism influences susceptibility to hypertension in Indian population. Journal of Human Hypertension, 2010; 24(9):617-622 (Impact factor; 2.637).
12. Bhaskar LVKS, Thangaraj K, Mulligan CJ, Wasnik S, Nandan A, Sharma VK, Sharma V, Reddy AG, Singh L, Rao VR. Dopamine transporter (DAT1) VNTR polymorphism in 12 Indian populations. Neurol Sci. 2009 Dec;30(6):487-93 (Impact factor; 1.435)
13. Murthy J and Bhaskar LVKS. Current concepts in genetics of Nonsyndromic clefts. Indian J Plast Surg. 2009, 42: 68-81.
14. Mukunda Goswami, Kumarasamy Thangaraj, Binod Chaudhary, L.V.K.S. Bhaskar, Achamveettil Gopalakrishnan, M Joshi, Lalji Singh, Wazir Lakra. Genetic heterogeneity in the Indian stocks of seahorse (Hippocampus kuda and Hippocampus trimaculatus) inferred from mtDNA cytochrome b gene. Hydrobiologia 2009 621:213–221. (Impact factor; 1.449)
15. Bhaskar LVKS, K. Thangaraj, Pallavi Subramanian, P.S Dandapani, Solomon F. D. Paul. Molecular genetic analysis of Neuropeptide Y (NPY) gene in patients with cardiac arrhythmia. Sri Ramachandra Journal of medicine, August 2008, 8-13.
16. Bhaskar LVKS, K. Thangaraj, C.J. Mulligan, A. Papa Rao, G. Pardhasaradhi, K. Praveen Kumar, Anish M. Shah, B. Sabeera, A.G. Reddy, Lalji Singh, V.R. Rao. Allelic Variation and Haplotype Structure of the Dopamine Receptor Gene DRD2 in Nine Indian Populations. Genetic Testing. March 1, 2008, 12(1): 153-160. (Impact factor; 1.158)
17. Kumarasamy Thangaraj, Gyaneshwer Chaubey, Toomas Kivisild, Vijay Kumar Singh, Selvi-Rani Deepa, Thanseem Ismail, Denise Carvalho-Silva, Mait Metspalu, Bhaskar LVKS, Sharat Chandra, Niharika Adarsh, Abhilasha Verma, Inaganti Amara Jyothi, Chandana Basu Mallick, Nidhi Shrivastava, Ragala Devasena, Babita Kumari, Amit Kumar Singh, Shailendra Kumar Dhar Diwedi, Shefali Singh, Geeta Rao, Pranav Gupta, Kavita Kumari, Afsar Basha, K. R Bhargavi, Albert Lalremruata, Aravind Kumar Gupta, K. K. Reddy. A. Papa Rao, Alla G. Reddy, Richard Villems, Chris Tyler-Smith, Lalji Singh. “Maternal Footprints of Southeast Asians in North India”. Hum Hered 2008;66:1-9 (DOI:10.1159/). (2008 impact factor; 3.226)
18. Bhaskar LVKS, K. Thangaraj, Michael Osier, A.G. Reddy, A. Papa Rao, Lalji Singh and V. R. Rao. Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms of ALDH2 gene in six Indian populations. Annals of Human Biology, 34(6): 607-619; 2007. (Impact factor; 1.009)
19. B. Mohan Reddy, A.N. Srikar Reddy, T. Nagaraju, Bhaskar LVKS, H.P. Singh, V. M. Naidu, K. Thangaraj, A.Govardhan Reddy, A. Nirmala, Lalji Singh. Anthropological Perspective of the Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in the NPY and DRD2 Genes among the Socio-Economically Stratified Populations of Andhra Pradesh, India. International Journal of Human Genetics, 07(4): 277-284; 2007
20. Bhaskar LVKS, K. Thangaraj, Anish M. Shah. G. Pardhasaradhi, K. Praveen Kumar, A.G. Reddy, A. Papa Rao, C. J. Mulligan, Lalji Singh and V. R. Rao. Allelic variation at the NPY gene in 14 Indian populations. Journal of Human Genetics, 52:592–598; 2007. (Impact factor; 2.431)
21. V. R. Rao, Bhaskar LVKS, Ch. Annapurna, A. G. Reddy, K. Thangaraj A. Papa Rao and Lalji Singh. Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in Alcohol Dehydrogenase (ADH) genes among Some Indian populations. American Journal of Human Biology, 2007: 19-338-344. (Impact factor; 1.976)
22. B. M. Reddy, A. N. S. Reddy, T. Nagaraja, Bhaskar LVKS, K. Thangaraj, A. G. Reddy and L. Singh. Single Nucleotide polymorphisms of the Alcohol Dehydrogenase Genes among the 28 caste and Tribal Populations of India. International Journal of Human Genetics, 2006. 6(4): 309-316.
23. Ismail Thanseem, Kumarasamy Thangaraj, Gyaneshwer Chaubey, Vijay K Singh, Bhaskar LVKS, Mohan B Reddy, Alla G Reddy and Lalji Singh. Genetic Affinities among the Lower Castes and Tribal Groups of India: Inference from Y Chromosome and Mitochondrial DNA. BMC Genetics, 2006, 7: 42 (http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2156/7/42) (Impact factor; 2.35)
24. Bhaskar LVKS. Moult-modulating effect of serotonin in the crab Oziotelphusa senex senex (FABRICIUS). Bio-Science Research Bulletin. 2006, 22 (2), 105-109.
25. Bhaskar LVKS. Effects of biogenic amines on the regulation of ovarian development in the freshwater prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergii (DE MAN, 1879). Bulletin of Pure & Applied Sciences. 2006, 25A (2), 135-143.
26. Venkatrayulu Ch, Komali M, Bhaskar LVKS, Kalarani V and Reddy D.C. “Hepatogonal changes in the female freshwater field crab, Oziotelphusa senex senex(Fabricius) in response to cadmium toxicity” Proc. of AP Akademi of Sciences, 2005. 9 (1) 29-34.
27. Bhaskar LVKS and Rajeswara Rao M. “Inhibition of rat brain nitric oxide synthase activity by phosalone in vitro” Bulletin of pure and applied science, 2000. 19A (2) 117-119.
28. Leela siva parvathi M, Bhaskar LVKS. and Chandra Sekhara Reddy D. “Impact of phosalone on long term exposure and recovery of ammonia and urea excretion in fresh water fish, Tilapia mossambica (PETERS)” Journal of Ecotoxicology and Environmental Monitoring, 1999. Vol.9 (4) 221-224.