Affiliation: Kuwait University
- Responses to exercise, fluid, and energy balances during Ramadan in sedentary and active malesJ Ramadan
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat
Nutrition 15:735-9. 1999..Body fluid balance was better maintained in active than in sedentary subjects...
- Does fasting during Ramadan alter body composition, blood constituents and physical performance?J Ramadan
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 11:41-6. 2002..To study the effect of Ramadan fast (RF) on body composition, plasma constituents, hematology, and cardiorespiratory responses to constant submaximal exercise...
- Low-frequency physical activity insufficient for aerobic conditioning is associated with lower body fat than sedentary conditionsJ Ramadan
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Nutrition 17:225-9. 2001..Frequency of participation in routine physical activities may also reflect the level of non-exercise related physical activities and thus relate to the ability to minimize weight gain...
- Anthropometric profiles of elite Asian female handball playersA A Hasan
Institute of Exercise Physiology and Sport Science, Physical Education Department, University of Kuwait, Safat, Kuwait
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 47:197-202. 2007..The current study was based on anthropometric measurements of 60 female Asian handball players competing in the continental championship, the aim being to identify any differences between countries and between playing positions...
- Reported frequency of physical activity, fitness, and fatness in KuwaitJ Ramadan
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait City, Kuwait
Am J Hum Biol 15:514-21. 2003....
- Pulmonary ventilatory functions and obesity in KuwaitWafaa R Al-Bader
Ministry of Public Health, Hawali Health Area, Rumaythia Polyclinic, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 17:20-6. 2008..To study the relationship between obesity and pulmonary ventilatory functions in Kuwaiti adults...