- Evaluation of Oxidative Status with Exhaled Breath 8-isoprostane Levels in Patients with Hyperthyroidism
Department of Endocrinology, Gaziosmanpasa University, Faculty of Medicine, 60100 Tokat, Turkey
Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets 13:306-10. 2013
..This study is important in that it is the first to evaluate the effects on respiratory system of elevated OS of hyperthyroidism in EBC. ..
- Association of cytokine gene polymorphisms (IL6, IL10, TNF-α, TGF-β and IFN-γ) and Graves' disease in Turkish population
Gaziosmanpasa University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 60100 Tokat, Turkey
Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets 13:163-7. 2013
- Thyroid dysfunctions and sonographic characteristics in northern Turkey: a population-based study
Faculty of Medicine, Endorcrinology and Metabolism, Gaziosmanpa University, Tokat, Turkey
Ann Saudi Med 33:253-9. 2013
..In this study, it was aimed to investigate thyroid functions, sonographic characteristics of thyroid gland, relation of thyroid functions, and cardiovascular risk factors in adult population living in northern Turkey...
- An unusual patient with hypercalciuria, recurrent nephrolithiasis, hypomagnesemia and G227R mutation of Paracellin-1. An unusual patient with hypercalciuria and hypomagnesemia unresponsive to thiazide diuretics
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Horm Res 66:175-81. 2006
..This case indicates the pathogenetic role of paracellin-1 mutation in familial hypomagnesemia with hypercalciuria and nephrocalcinosis and further underlines the risk of stone formation in heterozygous mutation carriers...
- Changes in metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors before and after treatment in overt hypothyroidism
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2Department of Internal Medicine, 3Department of Nephrology Gaziosmanpasa University, School of Medicine, Tokat, Turkey
Med Glas (Zenica) 10:348-53. 2013
..We aimed to assess the changes in renal function, serum lipids, vitamin B12, folic acid and homocysteine levels before and after treatment in hypothyroid patients...
- Insulin resistance and cardiovascular risk factors in women with PCOS who have normal glucose tolerance test
Ismail Cem Yildir
Department Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziosmanpasa University, Tokat, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 29:148-51. 2013
- The frequency of antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides and rheumatoid factor in healthy population: a field study of rheumatoid arthritis from northern Turkey
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziosmanpasa University, Tokat, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 33:939-42. 2013
..2 %). In conclusion, we demonstrated that the frequency of RA was 0.53 %, RF presence was 2.8 %, and anti-CCP presence was 1 % in total 941 healthy subjects enrolled into study...
- Ischemic skin necrosis following terlipressin therapy: report of two cases and review of the literature
Department of Internal Medicine, Tokat Gaziosmanpaşa University, School of Medicine, Tokat, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:788-91. 2012
..Skin lesions were relieved after terlipressin therapy. Biopsy results were consistent with ischemia. Even if seen rarely, possible emergence of ischemic complications must be considered. ..
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase intron 4a/b polymorphism and early atherosclerotic changes in hypopituitary GH-deficient adult patients
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, 34390 Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Endocrinol 158:615-22. 2008
..Our aim was to determine whether intron 4a/b polymorphism of eNOS gene influences endothelial function and early atherosclerotic changes in GH-deficient hypopituitary patients...
- Pendrin expression in nodular and non-nodular thyroid tissues
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Istanbul University, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Endokrynol Pol 64:208-14. 2013
..The aim of the present study was to determine the alterations of pendrin expression in nodular and surrounding non-nodular thyroid tissues and clarify the role of pendrin in the functional behaviour of nodular lesions...
- The predictive value of CTLA-4 and Tg polymorphisms in the recurrence of Graves' disease after antithyroid withdrawal
Department of Biochemistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Capa Istanbul, Turkey
Endocrine 30:377-81. 2006
..e., radioactive iodine or surgery) may be considered in the patients with G allele and E33SNP of Tg gene is conformed the susceptibility to GD in a Turkish population and having TT genotype increases the susceptibility to GD...