- Spinal accessory schwannoma mimicking a tumor of the fourth ventricle: case report
Department of Neurological Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Neurosurgery 54:510-4; discussion 514. 2004
..To our knowledge, this is the first report of a spinal accessory schwannoma mimicking a tumor of the fourth ventricle...
- Surgical treatment of temporal bone chondroblastoma
Department of Neurological Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Surg Neurol 63:265-8; discussion 268. 2005
..However, the literature provides little information regarding long-term results after wide resection of temporal bone chondroblastoma...
- Spinal arachnoid cyst causing paraplegia following skull base surgery
Department of Neurological Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 46:309-12. 2006
..Neurosurgeons should be alert to the possibilities of insidious spinal lesion if the patient has progressive neurological disorder which does not match the known cranial lesion...
- Limaprost alfadex, a prostaglandin E1 derivative, prevents deterioration of forced exercise capability in rats with chronic compression of the spinal cord
Department of Neurosurgery, Dokkyo Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:865-9. 2011
..Basic animal research...
- Bone temperature elevation by drilling friction and neurological outcome in the cervical spino-laminoplasty
Department of Neurosurgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi, 321 0293, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 155:2321-5; discussion 2325. 2013
..However, no clinical results have been presented with measurement of temperature in the vicinity of neural structures during the actual spinal procedures...
- Myoarchitectonic spinolaminoplasty: efficacy in reconstituting the cervical musculature and preserving biomechanical function
Department of Neurosurgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochighi, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 7:293-304. 2007
..The details of this technique are described, and the efficacy of the technique in conserving muscle volume, alignment, and motion, as well as in preventing postoperative musculoskeletal discomfort, is assessed...
- Metastatic adenocarcinoma of the dura mimicking petroclival meningioma--case report
Department of Neurosurgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 44:317-20. 2004
..The final diagnosis of the tumor depends on the histological findings. However, careful monitoring of the patient's course is very important to detect rapid growth of metastases...
- Cilostazol, a selective Type III phosphodiesterase inhibitor: prevention of cervical myelopathy in a rat chronic compression model
Department of Neurosurgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 20:93-101. 2014
..Conclusions These results indicate that cilostazol is neuroprotective in the chronically compressed cervical cord and is potentially useful in the treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy. ..
- Technical advancements and utilization of spine surgery--international disparities in trend-dynamics between Japan, Korea, and the USA
Neurologic Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:853-8. 2010
..Medico-socioeconomic conditions underlying the variations are discussed. Adequate surgeon training has to be supplied in a matched volume, and the number of surgeons to balance the need is estimated...
- Selective intraarterial injection of ICG for fluorescence angiography as a guide to extirpate perimedullary arteriovenous fistulas
Department of Neurosurgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 154:457-63. 2012