- Role of stereotactic radiosurgery in gynecologic cancer
Charles A Kunos
Department of Radiation Oncology, Summa Comprehensive Cancer Institute, Akron, OH 44304, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 25:532-8. 2013
..This current work offers an opinion on the evidence accumulated in humans regarding stereotactic ablative radiation (SABR) therapy, a favorable option for the treatment of persistent or recurrent metastatic gynecologic cancers...
- Radiochemotherapy plus 3-aminopyridine-2-carboxaldehyde thiosemicarbazone (3-AP, NSC #663249) in advanced-stage cervical and vaginal cancers
Charles A Kunos
Department of Radiation Oncology, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, University Hospitals Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
Gynecol Oncol 130:75-80. 2013
..Cervical and vaginal cancers have virally-mediated or mutated defects in DNA damage repair responses, making these cancers sensible targets for ribonucleotide reductase inhibition during radiochemotherapy...
- Ribonucleotide reductase expression in cervical cancer: a radiation therapy oncology group translational science analysis
Charles A Kunos
University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:615-21. 2013
..To evaluate pretherapy ribonucleotide reductase (RNR) expression and its effect on radiochemotherapeutic outcome in women with cervical cancer...
- Inhibition of Poly(ADP-Ribose) Polymerase Enhances Radiochemosensitivity in Cancers Proficient in DNA Double-Strand Break Repair
Department of Radiation Oncology, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, University Hospitals Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Int J Mol Sci 14:3773-85. 2013
..Overall, our findings support enhanced radiochemotherapy toxicity in cancers proficient in DNA double-strand break repair when PARP is inhibited by ABT-888...
- Retrospective analysis of concomitant Cisplatin during radiation in patients aged 55 years or older for treatment of advanced cervical cancer: a gynecologic oncology group study
Department of Radiation Oncology, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center and University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:1258-63. 2009
- Posttherapy residual disease associates with long-term survival after chemoradiation for bulky stage 1B cervical carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH 44106 5000, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:351.e1-8. 2010
..The objective of the study was to study posttherapy chemoradiation hysterectomy histology with long-term survival in bulky stage 1(B) cervical cancer patients...
- 18F-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography standard uptake value ratio as an indicator of cervical cancer chemoradiation therapeutic response
Department of Radiation Oncology, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:1117-23. 2011
- Ribonucleotide reductase inhibition restores platinum-sensitivity in platinum-resistant ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Transl Med 10:79. 2012
..The potent ribonucleotide reductase (RNR) inhibitor 3-aminopyridine-2-carboxyaldehyde-thiosemicarbazone (3-AP) was tested as a chemosensitizer for restored cisplatin-mediated cytotoxicity in platinum-resistant ovarian cancer...
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for nonresectable tumors of the pancreas
Department of Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Surg Res 174:319-25. 2012
..We report on our experience with SBRT in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma who were found not to be candidates for surgical resection...
- Concurrent cisplatin-based chemoradiation International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics stage IB2 cervical carcinoma
Behiye P C Goksedef
Section of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:175.e1-5. 2009
..The objective of the study was to assess the effectiveness of primary chemoradiation for stage IB(2) cervical carcinoma...
- Patterns of recurrence in stage I endometrioid endometrial adenocarcinoma with lymphovascular space invasion
Division of Gynecology Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:98-104. 2013
..The objective of this study was to determine the patterns of recurrence of stage IB-IIA endometrioid endometrial adenocarcinoma (EMCA) with lymphovascular invasion (LVSI)...
- Stage I, grade 3 endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the endometrium: an analysis of clinical outcomes and patterns of recurrence
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 116:10-4. 2010
..To study patterns of recurrence and survival outcomes in patients with surgical stage I, grade 3 endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the endometrium (EA) treated with various treatment modalities...
- Emerging application of stereotactic body radiation therapy for gynecologic malignancies
Nina A Mayr
Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute Ohio State University, OH, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 11:1069-75. 2011
..This article will consider indications for SBRT application in gynecological cancer management, will reflect on outcomes from key SBRT clinical trials and will discuss new therapeutic roles of SBRT for gynecological cancers...
- Stereotactic body radiosurgery for pelvic relapse of gynecologic malignancies
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital of Cleveland MAILSTOP LTR 6068 Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 8:393-400. 2009
..This study details our clinical experience with stereotactic body radiosurgery for treatment of patients with pelvic relapses of gynecologic malignancies after prior pelvic radiation...