- Blood management
Division of Hospital Medicine, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 31:433-50. 2013
..It is a patient-centered, multidisciplinary, multimodal, planned approach to the management of patients and blood products...
- An evolution in blood management: past, present, and future
Division of Hospital Medicine, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT 06102, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 20:311-21. 2011
..The use of data, education, process improvement, engagement, and accountability of caregivers have resulted in sustained results and helped in creating a comprehensive blood management program...
- Inflammatory bowel disease: perioperative pharmacological considerations
Department of Hospital Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 86:748-57. 2011
..This review surveys the findings of the selected articles and presents guidelines and resources for perioperative medication management for patients with inflammatory bowel disease undergoing surgery...
- Perioperative management of anemia: limits of blood transfusion and alternatives to it
Department of Hospital Medicine, IMPACT Center, Quality and Patient Safety Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 76:S112-8. 2009
..Cleveland Clinic has been developing a blood management program aimed at reducing allogeneic blood exposure for greater patient safety; the program has achieved some reduction in blood utilization in its first 7 months...
- Epidemiology and symptom profile of gastroesophageal reflux in the Indian population: report of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology Task Force
Shobna J Bhatia
Department of Gastroenterology, Seth G S Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai 400 012, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 30:118-27. 2011
..The Indian Society of Gastroenterology formed a task force aiming to study: (a) the frequency and profile of GERD in India, (b) factors including diet associated with GERD...
- Detection of antibodies against Mycobacterium leprae culture filtrate protein-10 in leprosy patients
National JALMA Institute for Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, Tajganj, Agra 1, India
J Med Microbiol 55:1337-41. 2006
..1 % showed that seropositivity to M. leprae CFP-10 corresponded well with bacteriological criteria. Hence, CFP-10 seems to be a suitable antigen for classification of leprosy patients into BI-positive and BI-negative groups...
- What is the significance of an isolated elevated activated partial thromboplastin time in the preoperative setting?
William H Morris
Department of Hospital Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:S13-5. 2007
- Why treat anemia in the preoperative period of joint replacement surgery with erythropoietin? IMPACT consults. Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Cleveland Clinic Perioperative Medicine Summit
Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of General Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 73:S13-5. 2006
..Use of epoetin alfa in this setting is FDA-approved and provides significant benefit to qualified and carefully chosen patients...
- Perioperative anemia in the elderly
Internal Medicine Preoperative Assessment Consultation and Treatment Center, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44194, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 24:641-8, viii. 2008
- A 58-year-old woman with mental status changes
Mihir R Bakhru
Department of General Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Celveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:457-62. 2007
- Renin-angiotensin system antagonists in the perioperative setting: clinical consequences and recommendations for practice
Department of Hospital Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, M2 Annex, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Postgrad Med J 87:472-81. 2011