- Blood management
Division of Hospital Medicine, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 31:433-50. 2013
..It is a patient-centered, multidisciplinary, multimodal, planned approach to the management of patients and blood products...
- Inflammatory bowel disease: perioperative pharmacological considerations
Department of Hospital Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 86:748-57. 2011
..This review surveys the findings of the selected articles and presents guidelines and resources for perioperative medication management for patients with inflammatory bowel disease undergoing surgery...
- An evolution in blood management: past, present, and future
Division of Hospital Medicine, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT 06102, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 20:311-21. 2011
..The use of data, education, process improvement, engagement, and accountability of caregivers have resulted in sustained results and helped in creating a comprehensive blood management program...
- Detection of antibodies against Mycobacterium leprae culture filtrate protein-10 in leprosy patients
National JALMA Institute for Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, Tajganj, Agra 1, India
J Med Microbiol 55:1337-41. 2006
..1 % showed that seropositivity to M. leprae CFP-10 corresponded well with bacteriological criteria. Hence, CFP-10 seems to be a suitable antigen for classification of leprosy patients into BI-positive and BI-negative groups...
- Epidemiology and symptom profile of gastroesophageal reflux in the Indian population: report of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology Task Force
Shobna J Bhatia
Department of Gastroenterology, Seth G S Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai 400 012, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 30:118-27. 2011
..The Indian Society of Gastroenterology formed a task force aiming to study: (a) the frequency and profile of GERD in India, (b) factors including diet associated with GERD...
- Perioperative management of anemia: limits of blood transfusion and alternatives to it
Department of Hospital Medicine, IMPACT Center, Quality and Patient Safety Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 76:S112-8. 2009
..Cleveland Clinic has been developing a blood management program aimed at reducing allogeneic blood exposure for greater patient safety; the program has achieved some reduction in blood utilization in its first 7 months...
- Renin-angiotensin system antagonists in the perioperative setting: clinical consequences and recommendations for practice
Department of Hospital Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, M2 Annex, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Postgrad Med J 87:472-81. 2011