- Can first-trimester screening program detect women at high risk for gestational diabetes mellitus?
Department of Biochemistry, Baskent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 29:137-40. 2013
..These results suggest that differences can be seen between diabetic and healthy pregnant women in first-trimester maternal serum biochemical markers of aneuploidy...
- Impact of various modifiers on calcium oxalate crystallization
Baskent University, School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, Merkez, 42080 Konya, Turkey
Int J Urol 14:214-8. 2007
..This work focuses on the behavior of in vitro calcium oxalate crystallization. The effects of several compounds on the kinetics of calcium oxalate crystallization were examined...
- In vitro effect of lemon and orange juices on calcium oxalate crystallization
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Konya, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 40:589-94. 2008
..Dietary factors appear to affect the ability of urine to inhibit calcium oxalate crystallization. These factors encouraged us to study the effects of lemon and orange juices on calcium oxalate crystallization in vitro...
- Plasma viscosity changes in patients with liver cirrhosis
Huseyin Savas Gokturk
Department of Gastroenterology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
South Med J 102:1013-8. 2009
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine levels and carotid intima-media thickness in obese patients with polycystic ovary syndrome and their relationship to metabolic parameters
Baris Onder Pamuk
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Baskent University, School of Medicine, 5th Street, 48, Bahcelievler, 06490 Ankara, Turkey
Fertil Steril 93:1227-33. 2010
..To evaluate the plasma asymmetric dimethyl arginine (ADMA) levels and carotid intima-media thickness (IMT) in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Serum total antioxidant status and lipid peroxidation marker malondialdehyde levels in overt and subclinical hypothyroidism
Ayse Nur Torun
Department of Endocrinology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:469-74. 2009
..We aimed to determine how hypothyroidism and subclinical hypothyroidism affect serum MDA and TAS...
- Frequency, risk factors, and responsible pathogenic microorganisms of asymptomatic bacteriuria in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Infectious Disease and Clinical Microbiology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 61:236-8. 2008
..05). The most commonly isolated microorganism was Escherichia coli. The present study identified the duration of diabetes, high HbA1c, glucosuria and pyuria as risk factors for ASB in type 2 diabetic patients...
- The prevalence of occult hepatitis B virus infection in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients
Departments of aGastroenterology bBiochemistry, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:668-73. 2008
..We aimed to investigate the prevalence of occult HBV infection among hepatitis B core antibody (HbcAb)+/- hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs) positive type 2 diabetes mellitus patients...
- Polycystic ovary syndrome is associated with elevated plasma soluble CD40 ligand, a marker of coronary artery disease
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Fertil Steril 91:2545-50. 2009
..To determine the level of plasma soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Does the urinary excretion of alpha1-microglobulin and albumin predict clinical disease activity in ulcerative colitis?
Nephrology Department, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Adv Ther 25:1342-52. 2008
..We studied urinary alfa-1-microglobulin (alpha1-MG) and albumin levels in patients with active and inactive ulcerative colitis (UC) and investigated whether we could use these parameters as an activity index...
- Aqueous humor and plasma levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and nitric oxide in patients with pseudoexfoliation syndrome and pseudoexfoliation glaucoma
Department of Ophthalmology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Glaucoma 19:207-11. 2010
..To investigate levels of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and nitric oxide (NO) in the aqueous humor and plasma of patients with pseudoexfoliation syndrome (PXS) and pseudoexfoliation glaucoma (PXG), compared with controls...
- Isotretinoin does not prolong QT intervals and QT dispersion in patients with severe acne: a surprising finding for a drug with numerous side effects
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Konya Research Center, Konya, Turkey
J Drugs Dermatol 10:710-4. 2011
..Isotretinoin is a widely prescribed drug for the treatment of severe acne. Several adverse cardiac effects due to isotretinoin have been previously reported. However, no data exist on the effects of isotretinoin therapy on QT intervals...
- The efficacy of cystatin C assay in the prediction of glomerular filtration rate. Is it a more reliable marker for renal failure?
Department of Nephrology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Duzce School of Medicine, Duzce, Turkey
Clin Chem Lab Med 43:855-61. 2005
..The current study suggests that cysC is preferable for detecting temporal changes in renal function in the early stages of renal insufficiency...