- Long-term catch-up weight gain following fundoplication in children
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Oxford University Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Eur J Pediatr Surg 23:121-6. 2013
..However, there are only a few reports on the long-term nutritional outcome following fundoplication. The aim of this study was to assess weight gain following fundoplication in children...
- Laparoscopic fundoplication in children with ventriculo-peritoneal shunts
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Oxford University Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 22:840-3. 2012
..The aim of our study was to assess the outcomes of laparoscopic fundoplication in children with a V-P shunt in situ...
- Unpowered scooter injuries in children
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Hospital Berne, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Acta Paediatr 92:50-4. 2003
..This study was initiated to establish the demographic profile and injury characteristics of the children involved, to examine the circumstances and to suggest preventive measures...
- Isolated imperforate anus in monozygotic twins: case report and implications
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Children s Hospital Basel, CH 4005 Basel, Switzerland
J Pediatr Surg 40:E1-4. 2005
..A review of the literature relating to this condition in twins and siblings points toward low anomalies and more severe malformations having different genetic backgrounds...
- Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication versus Thal fundoplication in children: comparison of short-term outcomes
Department of Paediatric Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 20:665-9. 2010
..The aim of this study was to compare short-term outcomes, including intra- and perioperative complications following laparoscopic Nissen versus Thal fundoplication...
- Long-term outcome of laparoscopic nissen fundoplication compared with laparoscopic thal fundoplication in children: a prospective, randomized study
Department of Paediatric Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
Ann Surg 253:44-9. 2011
..The aim of the study was to compare the long-term outcomes and control of symptoms after laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication with laparoscopic Thal fundoplication in children...
- Surgical decision criteria: Bednar tumour of the foot in a child
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Children s Hospital UKBB, Basel, Switzerland
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 64:1697-701. 2011
..Three years after surgery, there was no tumour recurrence, and further long-term follow-up for this patient will be provided...
- Operative treatment of clavicle fractures in children: a review of 21 years
Children s University Hospital of Berne Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
J Pediatr Orthop 22:736-9. 2002
..If surgically treated, the results are satisfactory without major complications. In the authors' experience intramedullary stabilization with elastic nails is the method of choice in most cases...
- Laparoscopy-assisted single-port appendectomy in children: is the postoperative infectious complication rate different?
Sergio B Sesia
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Children s Hospital Basle UKBB, Basle, Switzerland
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 20:867-71. 2010
..The aim of the study was to determine the postoperative infection rate and possible risk factors for infection after SPA in children...