- Developing and implementing dietary guidelines in India
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 17:66-9. 2008
..Industry and legislative bodies were requested to take active action in this regard. The FBDGs have to be implemented to achieve food and nutrition security and the Millennium Development Goals...
- Traditional Indian spices and their health significance
National Institute of Nutrition, Taranaka, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 17:265-8. 2008
..Similarly garlic, onions, and ginger have been found to modulate favourably the process of carcinogenesis...
- Anaemia--a matter of serious concern and threat to human development
National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, India
Forum Nutr 56:53-6. 2003
- Effect of micronutrient supplement on health and nutritional status of schoolchildren: bone health and body composition
Division of Maternal and Child Health and Field Studies, National Institute of Nutrition Indian Council of Medical Research, Hyderabad, India
Nutrition 22:S33-9. 2006
..We investigated the effect of a micronutrient-enriched beverage on body composition, bone mineral content (BMC), bone area, and bone mineral density (BMD) at various sites in schoolchildren...
- Effect of micronutrient supplement on health and nutritional status of schoolchildren: study design
Division of Biophysics, National Institute of Nutrition Indian Council of Medical Research, Hyderabad, India
Nutrition 22:S1-7. 2006
..We tested the hypothesis that supplementation with a micronutrient-fortified beverage improves micronutrient status and physical and mental development in apparently healthy schoolchildren...
- Nonclinical toxicology study of recombinant-plasmid DNA anti-rabies vaccines
P Uday Kumar
National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 500007, India
Vaccine 24:2790-8. 2006
..There were no observational adverse effects even at levels of 10x therapeutic dose administration of DRV and CRV. The procedure also emphasizes on the designing of protocols for the products developed by recombinant technique...
- Curcumin and turmeric delay streptozotocin-induced diabetic cataract in rats
National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR, Hyderabad, India
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:2092-9. 2005
..Further, these results imply that ingredients in the study's dietary sources, such as turmeric, may be explored for anticataractogenic agents that prevent or delay the development of cataract...
- Effect of curcumin on galactose-induced cataractogenesis in rats
National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR, Jamai-Osmania, Hyderabad, India
Mol Vis 9:223-30. 2003
..002%) in the diet. On the other hand at and above a 0.01% level curcumin seems to not be beneficial under hyperglycemic conditions, at least with the model of galactose-cataract...
- Validation of hemoglobin estimation using Hemocue
National Institute of Nutrition Indian Council of Medical Research, Jamai Osmania, Hyderabad, India
Indian J Pediatr 70:25-8. 2003
..This piece of work is an attempt to compare Hemocue and Cyanmethemoglobin methods for hemoglobin estimation...
- Safety and impact of vitamin A supplementation delivered with oral polio vaccine as part of the immunization campaign in Orissa, India
Program for Appropriate Technology in Health PATH, 1455 NW Leary Way, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
Food Nutr Bull 24:319-31. 2003
..The study demonstrates the feasibility of integrating vitamin A supplementation with immunization campaigns...
- Role of nutritional supplementation in reducing the levels of homocysteine
National Institute Jamai-Osmania, Hyderabad
J Assoc Physicians India 50:36-42. 2002
..To maintain low plasma homocysteine concentration, people should be advised to increase their consumption of pulses, eggs, green leafy vegetables and fruits which are rich in B vitamins...