Byoung Chul Cho
Affiliation: Yonsei University College of Medicine
- Cho B, Dy G, Govindan R, Kim D, Pennell N, Zalcman G, et al. Phase Ib/II study of the pan-cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor roniciclib in combination with chemotherapy in patients with extensive-disease small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2018;123:14-21 pubmed publisher..An observed safety signal in a related phase II study resulted in discontinuation of the present study and termination of further roniciclib development. ..
- Vettore A, Ramnarayanan K, Poore G, Lim K, Ong C, Huang K, et al. Mutational landscapes of tongue carcinoma reveal recurrent mutations in genes of therapeutic and prognostic relevance. Genome Med. 2015;7:98 pubmed publisher..We also observed somatic mutations in multiple therapeutically relevant genes, which may represent candidate drug targets in this highly lethal tumor type. ..
- Kim H, Kwon H, Jung I, Yun M, Ahn M, Kang B, et al. Phase II clinical and exploratory biomarker study of dacomitinib in patients with recurrent and/or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:544-52 pubmed publisher..Screening of PI3K pathway mutation and inflammatory cytokine expression may help identify which R/M-SCCHN patients are likely to gain benefit from dacomitinib. ..
- Kang C, Jang K, Sohn J, Kim S, Pyo K, Kim H, et al. Antitumor Activity and Acquired Resistance Mechanism of Dovitinib (TKI258) in RET-Rearranged Lung Adenocarcinoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2015;14:2238-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that dovitinib can be a potential therapeutic option for RET-rearranged LADC, in which acquired resistance to dovitinib can be overcome by targeting Src. ..
- Lim S, Chung W, Nam K, Kang S, Lim J, Kim H, et al. An open label, multicenter, phase II study of dovitinib in advanced thyroid cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2015;51:1588-95 pubmed publisher..Dose interruption occurred in 12 (30.7%) patients, and 19 (48.7%) patients experienced dose reduction due to adverse events. Dovitinib has a modest activity with manageable toxicity in locally advanced or metastatic thyroid cancer. ..
- Park J, Lee J, Kim E, Jung J, Kim S, Chang J, et al. The frequency and impact of FGFR1 amplification on clinical outcomes in Korean patients with small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2015;88:325-31 pubmed publisher..Further studies in large cohorts of patients with SCLC are needed to verify these results. Our results imply that FGFR1 may be a potential therapeutic target in SCLC and it could be confirmed in a clinical trial. ..
- Lee J, Lee K, Cho E, Kim D, Kim S, Kim J, et al. Nivolumab in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients who failed prior platinum-based chemotherapy. Lung Cancer. 2018;122:234-242 pubmed publisher..0%) and pruritus (6.0%), neither of which was Grade ≥3. The efficacy and safety of nivolumab in Korean patients with advanced or recurrent squamous or non-squamous NSCLC are consistent with previous reports. ..
- Lim S, Sun J, Choi Y, Kim H, Ahn S, Lee J, et al. Efficacy and safety of dovitinib in pretreated patients with advanced squamous non-small cell lung cancer with FGFR1 amplification: A single-arm, phase 2 study. Cancer. 2016;122:3024-31 pubmed publisher..Further studies to evaluate other biomarkers correlated with the efficacy of dovitinib in patients with SCC are warranted. Cancer 2016;122:3024-3031. © 2016 American Cancer Society. ..
- Heo S, Jung I, Lee C, Kim J, Lim S, Moon Y, et al. A randomized phase II trial of ERCC1 and RRM1 mRNA expression-based chemotherapy versus docetaxel/carboplatin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2016;77:539-48 pubmed publisher..2 vs. 93.1%, P = 0.035) and febrile neutropenia (3.8 vs. 24.1%, P = 0.054) was more common in the control arm. ERCC1 and RRM1 mRNA expression-based chemotherapy did not improve clinical outcomes in advanced NSCLC (NCT01648517). ..
- Lee C, Kim S, Lee J, Lee J, Kim S, Yang I, et al. Next-generation sequencing reveals novel resistance mechanisms and molecular heterogeneity in EGFR-mutant non-small cell lung cancer with acquired resistance to EGFR-TKIs. Lung Cancer. 2017;113:106-114 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive genomic analysis of post-EGFR-TKI tumors can provide novel insight into the complex molecular mechanisms of acquired resistance to EGFR-TKIs. ..
- Yu H, Ahn M, Cho B, Gerber D, Natale R, Socinski M, et al. Phase 2 study of intermittent pulse dacomitinib in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancers. Lung Cancer. 2017;112:195-199 pubmed publisher..Intermittent pulsatile dacomitinib is safe and relatively well tolerated but is not effective in patients that harbor EGFR T790M or in unselected patients with non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Kim S, Yun M, Hong Y, Solca F, Kim J, Kim H, et al. Glycolysis inhibition sensitizes non-small cell lung cancer with T790M mutation to irreversible EGFR inhibitors via translational suppression of Mcl-1 by AMPK activation. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:2145-56 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the combined use of an inhibitor of glucose metabolism and afatinib is a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of patients with acquired resistance to reversible EGFR-TKIs due to secondary EGFR T790M. ..
- Cho B, Kim D, Bearz A, Laurie S, McKeage M, Borra G, et al. ASCEND-8: A Randomized Phase 1 Study of Ceritinib, 450 mg or 600 mg, Taken with a Low-Fat Meal versus 750 mg in Fasted State in Patients with Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase (ALK)-Rearranged Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC). J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12:1357-1367 pubmed publisher..Ceritinib, 450 mg with food, had similar exposure and a more favorable GI safety profile than ceritinib, 750 mg in fasted patients with ALK-positive NSCLC. ..
- Pyo K, Lim S, Kim H, Sung Y, Yun M, Kim S, et al. Establishment of a Conditional Transgenic Mouse Model Recapitulating EML4-ALK-Positive Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12:491-500 pubmed publisher..This model should be a strong preclinical model for testing efficacy of ALK TKIs, providing a useful tool for investigating the mechanisms of acquired resistance and pursuing novel treatment strategies in ALK-positive lung cancer. ..
- Kim M, Shim H, Kang D, Jung J, Lee C, Kim D, et al. Clinical and prognostic implications of ALK and ROS1 rearrangements in never-smokers with surgically resected lung adenocarcinoma. Lung Cancer. 2014;83:389-95 pubmed publisher..This study shows significantly poorer DFS of ALK or ROS1 fusion-positive lung adenocarcinoma in never-smokers after curative surgery. ..
- Lim S, Chang H, Cha Y, Liang S, Tai Y, Li G, et al. Validation of ALK/ROS1 Dual Break Apart FISH Probe probe in non-small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2017;111:79-83 pubmed publisher..Vysis ALK/ROS1 Dual Break Apart Probe Kit (RUO) can detect ALK and ROS1 rearrangement simultaneously in NSCLC. ..
- Kang H, Kim S, Yun M, Kim H, Lim S, Kim M, et al. ER2, a novel human anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody inhibit tumor activity in non-small cell lung cancer models. Lung Cancer. 2016;95:57-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, ER2 has significant anti-tumor activity in in vitro and in vivo NSCLC models, suggesting a rationale for clinical development of ER2 in NSCLC. ..