Affiliation: Yeungnam University
- Ashraf J, Shahab U, Tabrez S, Lee E, Choi I, Aslam Yusuf M, et al. DNA Glycation from 3-Deoxyglucosone Leads to the Formation of AGEs: Potential Role in Cancer Auto-antibodies. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2016;74:67-77 pubmed publisher..The glycoxidative lesions were also detected in the lymphocyte DNA isolated from selected cancer patients. The results show structural perturbations in 3-DG-Arg-Fe(3+)-DNA generating new epitopes that render the molecule immunogenic. ..
- Baig M, Ahmad K, Roy S, Ashraf J, Adil M, Siddiqui M, et al. Computer Aided Drug Design: Success and Limitations. Curr Pharm Des. 2016;22:572-81 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the principles and concepts of molecular docking, pharmacophores and other methods used in computer-aided drug design. ..
- Lee E, Pokharel S, Jan A, Huh S, Galope R, Lim J, et al. Transthyretin: A Transporter Protein Essential for Proliferation of Myoblast in the Myogenic Program. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The results of this study will be highly useful to the strategic development of novel therapeutics to combat muscular dystrophies. ..
- Baig M, Jan A, Rabbani G, Ahmad K, Ashraf J, Kim T, et al. Methylglyoxal and Advanced Glycation End products: Insight of the regulatory machinery affecting the myogenic program and of its modulation by natural compounds. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5916 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study suggest enhanced AGE production and subsequent RAGE-AGE interaction obstruct the muscle development program, and that curcumin and gingerol attenuate the effect of AGEs on myoblasts. ..
- Baig M, Adil M, Khan R, Dhadi S, Ahmad K, Rabbani G, et al. Enzyme targeting strategies for prevention and treatment of cancer: Implications for cancer therapy. Semin Cancer Biol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This review indicates that the targeting of metabolic signaling offers a promising means of developing novel anti-cancer therapies. ..
- Jan A, Lee E, Choi I. Fibromodulin: A regulatory molecule maintaining cellular architecture for normal cellular function. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;80:66-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, a clear view of the impact FMOD has on tissue integrity would aid its exploitation for tissue modelling and in the treatment of different disorders. ..
- Kamli M, Kim J, Pokharel S, Jan A, Lee E, Choi I. Expressional studies of the aldehyde oxidase (AOX1) gene during myogenic differentiation in C2C12 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;450:1291-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that AOX1 acts as a contributor to the process of myogenesis by influencing the level of H2O2. ..
- Rabbani G, Baig M, Jan A, Ju Lee E, Khan M, Zaman M, et al. Binding of erucic acid with human serum albumin using a spectroscopic and molecular docking study. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;105:1572-1580 pubmed publisher..The information generated in the study reflects greater pharmacological significance of EA and highlights its importance in the clinical medicine. ..
- Lee E, Jan A, Baig M, Ahmad K, Malik A, Rabbani G, et al. Fibromodulin and regulation of the intricate balance between myoblast differentiation to myocytes or adipocyte-like cells. FASEB J. 2018;32:768-781 pubmed publisher..T., Baig, M. H., Ahmad, K., Malik, A., Rabbani, G., Kim, T., Lee, I.-K., Lee, Y. H., Park, S.-Y., Choi, I. Fibromodulin and regulation of the intricate balance between myoblast differentiation to myocytes or adipocyte-like cells. ..