G H Kang
Affiliation: University of Ulsan
- Papillary immature metaplasia of the uterine cervix: a report of 5 cases with an emphasis on the differential diagnosis from reactive squamous metaplasia, high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion and papillary squamous cell carcinomaG H Kang
Department of Pathology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 16:762-8. 2001..There were no significant differences of Ki-67 labeling index and mitotic index between PIM and SM. The expression of p53 varied among the groups and thus it was not helpful for the differential diagnosis...
- Adult granulosa cell tumor of the ovary: 35 cases in a single Korean InstituteY M Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:112-5. 2006..Adult granulosa cell tumor of the ovary is an uncommon neoplasm. The overall prognosis is favorable. The prognostic factors that are related to survival have not been well defined and are discussed in the literature amidst controversy...
- Reproducibility of scanning laser polarimetry (GDx) of peripapillary retinal nerve fiber layer thickness in normal subjectsM S Kook
Department of Ophthalmology, Ulsan University School of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, Korea
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 239:118-21. 2001..To assess the reproducibility of measurement of retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) thickness among subjects using the GDx Nerve Fiber Analyzer (NFA)...
- Micropapillary variant of transitional cell carcinoma of the ureterY L Oh
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Pathol Int 50:52-6. 2000..The patient died with peritoneal metastases 20 months after the initial diagnosis. We report the first case of a micropapillary variant of TCC occurring in the ureter...
- Prognostic factors in FIGO stage IB-IIA small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the uterine cervix treated surgically: results of a multi-center retrospective Korean studyJ M Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, East West Neo Medical Center, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Ann Oncol 19:321-6. 2008..To determine the clinical and pathologic prognostic factors in surgically treated patients with International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) stage IB-IIA small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the uterine cervix (SCNEC)...
- Malignant mixed müllerian tumors of the ovary: experience with cytoreductive surgery and platinum-based combination chemotherapyJ E Mok
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Pathology, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Asan Medical Center, Pungnap 2 dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:101-5. 2006..The overall survival rate was 60.0% at 1 year, 40.0% at 2 years, and 20.0% at 5 years. Platinum-based combination chemotherapy after optimal cytoreductive surgery may be effective in the treatment of ovarian MMMT...
- Clinical characteristics, GAD antibody (GADA) and change of C-peptide in Korean young age of onset diabetic patientsC W Ahn
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Diabet Med 19:227-33. 2002..To investigate the association of clinical and immunological markers with diabetes classification in newly diagnosed young diabetic patients at disease onset...
- Background monitoring and long-range transport of atmospheric CFC-11 and CFC-12 at Kosan, KoreaJ Kim
Applied Meteorology Research Laboratory, Meterological Research Institute, Seoul, Korea
Environ Monit Assess 70:47-56. 2001..In particular, the mixing ratios of these two contaminant species are closely related with their air mass trajectories...
- Loss in 3p and 4p and gain of 3q are concomitant aberrations in squamous cell carcinoma of the vulvaK J Jee
Department of Obstetrics, University of Ulsan, College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea
Mod Pathol 14:377-81. 2001..These results suggest that the pathogenic pathways in vulvar and cervical carcinomas may be similar and that the genetic background may be common to these two squamous cell carcinomas...
- Mucinous cystadenoma coexisting with stromal tumor with minor sex-cord elements of the ovary: a case reportS W Yang
Department of Pathology, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, Wonju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 16:237-40. 2001..They showed immunoreactivity for inhibin and did not have any connection with the adjacent mucinous epithelium. Therefore, we interpret the mucinous cystadenoma as having arisen de novo...
- The clinical and immunogenetic characteristics of adult-onset type 1 diabetes mellitus in KoreaC S Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun Ku, Seoul, Korea
Acta Diabetol 44:45-54. 2007..Difference in the frequencies of diabetes associated with HLA type suggests that there might be a heterogeneity in the pathogenesis of diabetes according to the age of onset...
- Utility of trichrome and reticulin stains in the diagnosis of superficial endometriosis of the uterine cervixK R Kim
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388-1 Pungnap-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul, 138-736, Korea
Int J Gynecol Pathol 20:173-6. 2001..These findings are not observed in the surrounding normal cervical stroma nor in the usual conditions in the differential diagnosis...
- Relationship between the change in overweight status from childhood to adolescence and metabolic syndrome phenotypes: a 9-year retrospective studyK R Kim
Department of Preventive Medicine, Hanyang University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:748-53. 2008..To evaluate how the changes in overweight status from childhood to adolescence are related to metabolic syndrome phenotypes in adolescents...
- Primary peritoneal carcinoma: experience with cytoreductive surgery and combination chemotherapyJ H Nam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Asan Medical Center, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, 388 1 Pungnap 2 dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, South Korea
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:23-8. 2006..05). Combination chemotherapy after optimal cytoreductive surgery may be effective in the treatment of patients with PPC...
- An implication of hypertriglyceridemia in the progression of diabetic nephropathy in metabolically obese, normal weight patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in KoreaD M Kim
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University, 146 92 Dogok dong, Kangnam Ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 66:S169-72. 2004..05). Whereas, insulin users or patients with retinopathy at follow-up (P < 0.05 in both) showed more rapid progression of albuminuria, ACE inhibitors or acarbose (P < 0.05 in both) use turned out to protect against it...
- Sibutramine improves fat distribution and insulin resistance, and increases serum adiponectin levels in Korean obese nondiabetic premenopausal womenD M Kim
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Yongdong Severance Hospital, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, 146 92 Dogok dong, Kangnam Ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 66:S139-44. 2004..Conclusively, sibutramine improved fat distribution and insulin resistance, and increased serum adiponectin levels in Korean obese nondiabetic premenopausal women...
- Amplification at 9p in cervical carcinoma by comparative genomic hybridizationK J Jee
Department of Medical Genetics, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
Anal Cell Pathol 22:159-63. 2001..A novel finding was amplification in chromosome arm 9p21-pter in 2 cases. Gains in 1, 3q, 5p, 6p, 8q, 16p, 17, and 20q and losses at 2q, 6q, 8p, 9q, 10p, 11, 13, 16q, and 18q were observed in at least one of the cases...