Affiliation: University of Incheon
- A novel marine algal toxicity bioassay based on sporulation inhibition in the green macroalga Ulva pertusa (Chlorophyta)Taejun Han
Division of Biology and Chemistry, University of Incheon, Incheon 402 749, South Korea
Aquat Toxicol 75:202-12. 2005..This novel method will be a useful tool for assessing the aquatic toxicity of a wide range of toxicants, once the respective sensitivities are demonstrated...
- Spore release by the green alga Ulva: a quantitative assay to evaluate aquatic toxicantsTaejun Han
Division of Biology and Chemistry, University of Incheon, 177 Dohwa dong, Nam Gu, Incheon 402 749, Republic of Korea
Environ Pollut 153:699-705. 2008..29%) and filtration bed (10.08%), respectively. The bioassay is simple, inexpensive and sensitive. The cosmopolitan distribution of Ulva means that the test would have a potential application worldwide...
- Physiological responses of Ulva pertusa and U. armoricana to copper exposureTaejun Han
Division of Biology and Chemistry, University of Incheon, Incheon 402 749, Republic of Korea
Aquat Toxicol 86:176-84. 2008..Differences in the sensitivity of the two species of Ulva to Cu may influence their competitive interactions in Korean coastal waters experiencing temporal increases in the loading of heavy metals...
- Sensitivity of spore germination and germ tube elongation of Saccharina japonica to metal exposureTaejun Han
Division of Life Science, University of Incheon, Incheon, 406 840, Korea
Ecotoxicology 20:2056-68. 2011..The advantages and potential limitations of the bioassay for the assessment of anthropogenic impacts on coastal ecosystems and commercial cultivation areas in near-shore environments are discussed...
- Evaluating aquatic toxicity by visual inspection of thallus color in the green macroalga Ulva: testing a novel bioassayYoung Seok Han
Institute of Green Technology, University of Incheon, Incheon 402 749, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 41:3667-71. 2007..Moreover, since Ulva has a wide geographical distribution and species have similar reproductive processes, the test method has worldwide application...
- Phenol toxicity to the aquatic macrophyte Lemna paucicostataJi Sook Park
Division of Life Science, University of Incheon, Incheon 406 840, Republic of Korea
Aquat Toxicol 106:182-8. 2012..paucicostata provides a rapid, sensitive and reliable method for assessing the toxic risks posed by phenol to aquatic ecosystems and has practical applications for municipal and industrial waste water management...
- UV-B affects photosynthesis, ROS production and motility of the freshwater flagellate, Euglena agilis CarterSreejith Kottuparambil
Institute of Green Environmental Research Center, University of Incheon, Incheon, Republic of Korea
Aquat Toxicol 122:206-13. 2012..8-2.3 in cells treated with UV-B although significant recovery followed. UV-B dose-dependent interaction between photosynthetic activity, ROS production and movement is discussed in terms of a UV-protective mechanism in E. agilis...
- A novel bioassay using root re-growth in LemnaAreum Park
Division of Life Science, Incheon National University, 12 1 Songdo dong, Yeonsu gu, Incheon 406 840, Republic of Korea
Aquat Toxicol 140:415-24. 2013....