Sung Hwan Park
Affiliation: The Catholic University of Korea
- Koh J, Ko H, Kwok S, Ju J, Park S. Hydroxychloroquine and pregnancy on lupus flares in Korean patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2015;24:210-7 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that achieving pre-pregnancy remission and continuing HCQ treatment during pregnancy are important for preventing lupus flares. ..
- Kwon J, Lee S, Seo H, Moon Y, Ryu J, Jung K, et al. YinYang1 deficiency ameliorates joint inflammation in a murine model of rheumatoid arthritis by modulating Th17 cell activation. Immunol Lett. 2018;197:63-69 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that future RA therapies should target the regulatory mechanism involved in Th17 cell differentiation, in which YY1 may cooperate with the STAT3 signaling pathway. ..
- Yi H, Kang K, Kim Y, Jung H, Rim Y, Park N, et al. Human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells attenuate collagen antibody-induced autoimmune arthritis by inducing expression of FCGIIB receptors. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2015;16:170 pubmed publisher..This is a study to show that ASCs have anti-arthritic effects in CAIA mice. Modulation of FCGRs by ASCs might be a therapeutic mechanism in this antibody-associated arthritis model. ..
- Koh J, Lee J, Kim S, Kwok S, Ju J, Park S. Safety, and Humoral and Cell-mediated Immune Responses to Herpes Zoster Vaccine in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2018;45:465-469 pubmed publisher..Although patients with RA showed a weaker vaccine-induced VZV-specific cellular immune response than patients with OA, the vaccine may be considered in patients with RA receiving cDMARD and/or low dose GC. ..
- Koh J, Ko H, Lee J, Jung S, Kwok S, Ju J, et al. Pregnancy and patients with preexisting lupus nephritis: 15 years of experience at a single center in Korea. Lupus. 2015;24:764-72 pubmed publisher..When patients experience renal flares during pregnancy, it is important to reduce the proteinuria level by >50% within six months and to achieve early remission for excellent long-term renal outcomes. ..
- Jung S, Lee J, Baek S, Lee J, Jang S, Hong S, et al. Fraxinellone Attenuates Rheumatoid Inflammation in Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The data suggests that fraxinellone could be a novel treatment for inflammatory arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Park J, Choi J, Kwon J, Jung K, Yang C, Park S, et al. A probiotic complex, rosavin, zinc, and prebiotics ameliorate intestinal inflammation in an acute colitis mouse model. J Transl Med. 2018;16:37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the combination of a probiotic complex with rosavin, zinc, and prebiotics exerts a therapeutic effect on IBD by modulating production of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines and the development of fibrosis. ..
- Min H, Kim S, Park J, Byun J, Lee J, Kwok S, et al. Fn14-Fc suppresses germinal center formation and pathogenic B cells in a lupus mouse model via inhibition of the TWEAK/Fn14 Pathway. J Transl Med. 2016;14:98 pubmed publisher..Fn14-Fc had beneficial effects in a SLE mouse model by repressing B cells, plasma cells, Tfh, and renal damage. This suggested that Fn14-Fc represents a potential therapeutic agent for SLE. ..
- Lee J, Koh J, Kwok S, Park S. The EULAR Sjögren's Syndrome Patient-Reported Index is an independent determinant of health-related utility values of Korean patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2016;34:663-7 pubmed..053, p<0.001). The HRQoL of pSS patients is significantly lower than that of the general population, and the ESSPRI is an independent predictor of the HRQoL in pSS patients. ..
- Lee S, Kim E, Kwon J, Lee J, Lee D, Kim S, et al. Ssu72 attenuates autoimmune arthritis via targeting of STAT3 signaling and Th17 activation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5506 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, Ssu72 is related to STAT3 activation and the inflammatory response; and Ssu72 overexpression in T-cell-mediated immunity has potential utility for the treatment of autoimmune arthritis. ..
- Kim S, Kwon J, Park J, Seo H, Jung K, Moon Y, et al. Achaete-scute complex homologue 2 accelerates the development of Sjögren's syndrome-like disease in the NOD/ShiLtJ mouse. Immunol Lett. 2017;190:26-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Ascl2 may play a role in the development and progression of SS and may be a therapeutic target in the treatment of SS. ..
- Lee S, Jhun J, Byun J, Kim E, Jung K, Lee J, et al. IL-17 axis accelerates the inflammatory progression of obese in mice via TBK1 and IKBKE pathway. Immunol Lett. 2017;184:67-75 pubmed publisher..As well, the inhibition of TBK1 reduces inflammation induced by IL-17. Therefore, IL-17 may be involved in the development of obesity and metabolic dysfunction in a TBK1-dependent manner. ..
- Kang K, Jung J, Hong Y, Ju J, Park S. Positive correlation between inflammation on sacroiliac joint MRI and serum C-terminal telopeptide of type-I collagen in ankylosing spondylitis but not in non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2017;35:415-422 pubmed..038). Inflammatory markers and ASDAS correlated with active sacroiliitis on MRI in nr-axSpA only. In AS, only sCTX-I correlated with active inflammation on SIJ MRI. sCTX-I may be useful as a marker of objective inflammation in AS. ..
- Lee S, Min H, Lee S, Shin H, Lee W, Cho Y, et al. IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra)-Fc ameliorate autoimmune arthritis by regulation of the Th17 cells/Treg balance and arthrogenic cytokine activation. Immunol Lett. 2016;172:56-66 pubmed publisher..The anti-arthritis effects of hIL-1RA-Fc are associated with regulation of balance between Th17 cells and Treg cells and suppression of osteoclastogenesis and angiogenesis in the affected joints. ..
- Lee J, Lee J, Lee J, Jung S, Suh Y, Koh J, et al. Visceral fat obesity is highly associated with primary gout in a metabolically obese but normal weighted population: a case control study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:79 pubmed publisher..Therefore, VFO might more properly represent metabolic derangements in patients with gout than general obesity. ..
- Lee J, Kim Y, Yi H, Diecke S, Kim J, Jung H, et al. Generation of disease-specific induced pluripotent stem cells from patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R41 pubmed publisher..FLSs derived from RA and OA could be cell resources for iPSC reprogramming. Disease- and patient-specific iPSCs have the potential to be applied in clinical settings as source materials for molecular diagnosis and regenerative therapy. ..
- Kang K, Kim H, Kwok S, Ju J, Park K, Sun D, et al. Impact of interleukin-21 in the pathogenesis of primary Sjögren's syndrome: increased serum levels of interleukin-21 and its expression in the labial salivary glands. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:R179 pubmed publisher..The expression of IL-21 is increased as more lymphocytes infiltrated in LSGs. These observations suggest that IL-21 may play an important role in primary SS pathogenesis. ..
- Kim W, Min S, Cho M, Hong K, Shin Y, Park S, et al. Elevated matrix metalloproteinase-9 in patients with systemic sclerosis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2005;7:R71-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that the enhanced production of MMP-9 may contribute to fibrogenic remodeling during the progression of skin sclerosis in SSc. ..
- Park M, Min S, Park K, Cho Y, Cho M, Jung Y, et al. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-expressing dendritic cells are involved in the generation of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in Peyer's patches in an orally tolerized, collagen-induced arthritis mouse model. Arthritis Res Ther. 2008;10:R11 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that tolerogenic CD11c+ DCs are closely linked with the induction of oral tolerance through an IDO-dependent mechanism and that this pathway may provide a new therapeutic modality to treat autoimmune arthritis. ..