Genomes and Genes
Mi La Cho
Affiliation: The Catholic University of Korea
- Jhun J, Lee S, Byun J, Jeong J, Kim E, Lee J, et al. Coenzyme Q10 suppresses Th17 cells and osteoclast differentiation and ameliorates experimental autoimmune arthritis mice. Immunol Lett. 2015;166:92-102 pubmed publisher..CoQ10 alleviates arthritis in mice with ZIA declining inflammation, Th17 cells and osteoclast differentiation. These findings suggest that CoQ10 can be a potential therapeutic substance for RA. ..
- Ryu J, Lee J, Kim E, Seo H, Park J, Lee S, et al. Treatment of IL-21R-Fc control autoimmune arthritis via suppression of STAT3 signal pathway mediated regulation of the Th17/Treg balance and plasma B cells. Immunol Lett. 2015;163:143-50 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a pathogenic role of IL-21 in animal models of RA, suggesting IL-21 as a promising therapeutic target among human RA. ..
- Jung S, Lee J, Baek S, Lee J, Jang S, Hong S, et al. Fraxinellone Attenuates Rheumatoid Inflammation in Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The data suggests that fraxinellone could be a novel treatment for inflammatory arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Kwon J, Lee S, Seo H, Moon Y, Ryu J, Jung K, et al. YinYang1 deficiency ameliorates joint inflammation in a murine model of rheumatoid arthritis by modulating Th17 cell activation. Immunol Lett. 2018;197:63-69 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that future RA therapies should target the regulatory mechanism involved in Th17 cell differentiation, in which YY1 may cooperate with the STAT3 signaling pathway. ..
- Jhun J, Lee S, Kim H, Her Y, Byun J, Kim E, et al. HMGB1/RAGE induces IL-17 expression to exaggerate inflammation in peripheral blood cells of hepatitis B patients. J Transl Med. 2015;13:310 pubmed publisher..HMGB1 and RAGE interaction may contribute to the inflammation of liver enhancing the expression of IL-17, which can be possibly restored through the decline of the HMGB1/RAGE axis. ..
- Lee S, Lee H, Kwon J, Jung K, Kim S, Cho K, et al. A20 ameliorates inflammatory bowel disease in mice via inhibiting NF-κB and STAT3 activation. Immunol Lett. 2018;198:44-51 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that A20 may inhibit the progression of colitis by decreasing inflammation via inhibition of NF-κB, phosphorylated STAT3, and IL-17. ..
- Lee S, Moon S, Kim E, Seo H, Yang E, Son H, et al. Metformin Suppresses Systemic Autoimmunity in Roquinsan/san Mice through Inhibiting B Cell Differentiation into Plasma Cells via Regulation of AMPK/mTOR/STAT3. J Immunol. 2017;198:2661-2670 pubmed publisher..Taken together, metformin-induced alterations in AMPK-mTOR-STAT3 signaling may have therapeutic value in SLE by inhibiting B cell differentiation into PCs and GCs. ..
- Park J, Choi J, Kwon J, Jung K, Yang C, Park S, et al. A probiotic complex, rosavin, zinc, and prebiotics ameliorate intestinal inflammation in an acute colitis mouse model. J Transl Med. 2018;16:37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the combination of a probiotic complex with rosavin, zinc, and prebiotics exerts a therapeutic effect on IBD by modulating production of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines and the development of fibrosis. ..
- Park M, Lee S, Moon S, Son H, Lee S, Kim E, et al. Metformin attenuates graft-versus-host disease via restricting mammalian target of rapamycin/signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 and promoting adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase-autophagy for the balance between T helper . Transl Res. 2016;173:115-130 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that metformin might be of significant use in the treatment of patients with aGVHD. ..
- Kim K, Kim H, Kim B, Cho M, Lee S. Th17 cytokines regulate osteoclastogenesis in rheumatoid arthritis. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:3011-24 pubmed publisher..This Th17 cytokine/RANKL axis could be a potential therapeutic target for bone destruction in RA. ..
- Park M, Jung Y, Lee S, Lee S, Heo Y, Kim E, et al. Amelioration of autoimmune arthritis by adoptive transfer of Foxp3-expressing regulatory B cells is associated with the Treg/Th17 cell balance. J Transl Med. 2016;14:191 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Foxp3 expression is not restricted to T cells. The expression of Foxp3 in B cells is critical for the immunoregulation of T cells and limits autoimmunity in a mouse model. ..
- Park M, Lee S, Kim E, Lee E, Park S, Kwok S, et al. Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells Induce the Expansion of Regulatory B Cells and Ameliorate Autoimmunity in the Sanroque Mouse Model of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016;68:2717-2727 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that MDSCs may be a promising therapeutic strategy for targeting B cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. ..
- Na H, Kwon J, Lee S, Jhun J, Kim S, Kim S, et al. Th17 and IL-17 Cause Acceleration of Inflammation and Fat Loss by Inducing ?2-Glycoprotein 1 (AZGP1) in Rheumatoid Arthritis with High-Fat Diet. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1049-1058 pubmed publisher..Mice injected with the Azgp1-overexpression vector exhibited more severe CIA compared with the mock vector-injected mice. ..
- Park M, Lee S, Kim E, Lee E, Baek J, Park S, et al. Interleukin-10 produced by myeloid-derived suppressor cells is critical for the induction of Tregs and attenuation of rheumatoid inflammation in mice. Sci Rep. 2018;8:3753 pubmed publisher..MDSCs could reciprocally regulate Th17/Treg cells and suppress CIA via IL-10, suggesting that MDSCs might be a promising therapeutic strategy for T cell mediated autoimmune diseases including RA. ..
- Moon Y, Yoon B, Her Y, Oh H, Lee J, Kim K, et al. IL-32 and IL-17 interact and have the potential to aggravate osteoclastogenesis in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R246 pubmed publisher..Separately, IL-17 and IL-32 each stimulated osteoclastogenesis without RANKL. Together, the two cytokines synergistically amplified the differentiation of osteoclasts, independent of RANKL stimulation. ..
- Heo Y, Oh H, Jung Y, Cho M, Lee S, Yu J, et al. The expression of the receptor for advanced glycation end-products (RAGE) in RA-FLS is induced by IL-17 via Act-1. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:R113 pubmed publisher..RAGE was overexpressed in RA synovial tissues, and RAGE production was stimulated by IL-17 and IL-1?. Act-1 contributed to the stimulatory effect of IL-17 on RAGE production, suggesting a possible inhibitory target for RA treatment. ..
- Park M, Min S, Park K, Cho Y, Cho M, Jung Y, et al. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-expressing dendritic cells are involved in the generation of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in Peyer's patches in an orally tolerized, collagen-induced arthritis mouse model. Arthritis Res Ther. 2008;10:R11 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that tolerogenic CD11c+ DCs are closely linked with the induction of oral tolerance through an IDO-dependent mechanism and that this pathway may provide a new therapeutic modality to treat autoimmune arthritis. ..
- Lee S, Lee S, Park S, Kim D, Kim E, Kim J, et al. (p40)2-Fc reduces immune-inflammatory response through the activation of T cells in collagen induced arthritis mice. Immunol Lett. 2016;176:36-43 pubmed publisher..We observed that (p40)2-Fc treatment alleviates arthritis in mice with CIA, reducing inflammation and osteoclast differentiation. These findings suggest that (p40)2-Fc can be a potential therapeutic approach for autoimmune arthritis. ..
- Lee S, Min H, Lee S, Shin H, Lee W, Cho Y, et al. IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra)-Fc ameliorate autoimmune arthritis by regulation of the Th17 cells/Treg balance and arthrogenic cytokine activation. Immunol Lett. 2016;172:56-66 pubmed publisher..The anti-arthritis effects of hIL-1RA-Fc are associated with regulation of balance between Th17 cells and Treg cells and suppression of osteoclastogenesis and angiogenesis in the affected joints. ..
- Lee H, Choi J, Lee S, Cho M, Jue D. Intracelluar delivery of A20 protein inhibits TNFα-induced NF-κB activation. Protein Expr Purif. 2018;143:14-19 pubmed publisher..TAT-A20 also inhibited NF-κB induction in fibroblasts stimulated with TNFα. These results suggest that increasing intracellular level of A20 can be an effective means to suppress NF-κB activation and treat inflammatory diseases. ..
- Park J, Jeong J, Byun J, Lim M, Kim E, Kim S, et al. Regulator of Calcineurin 3 Ameliorates Autoimmune Arthritis by Suppressing Th17 Cell Differentiation. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2034-2045 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RCAN3 may be an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Son H, Lee S, Lee S, Kim E, Yang E, Kim J, et al. Oncostatin M Suppresses Activation of IL-17/Th17 via SOCS3 Regulation in CD4+ T Cells. J Immunol. 2017;198:1484-1491 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of SOCS3, STAT3, and STAT5 lessened the OSM-induced reduction in proliferation of Th17 cells. These observations suggest that OSM can inhibit Th17 differentiation by reciprocally controlling SOCS3, STAT3, and STAT5. ..
- Park M, Lee S, Lee S, Kim E, Lee E, Moon Y, et al. GRIM19 ameliorates acute graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) by modulating Th17 and Treg cell balance through down-regulation of STAT3 and NF-AT activation. J Transl Med. 2016;14:206 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GRIM19 attenuates acute GVHD through the inhibition of the excessive inflammatory response mediated by T cell activation. ..
- Cho M, Min S, Chang S, Kim K, Heo S, Lee S, et al. Transforming growth factor beta 1(TGF-beta1) down-regulates TNFalpha-induced RANTES production in rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts through NF-kappaB-mediated transcriptional repression. Immunol Lett. 2006;105:159-66 pubmed..These findings may provide an explanation for the mechanism by which TGF-beta1 regulates immune function in RA. ..
- Kim S, Kwon J, Park J, Seo H, Jung K, Moon Y, et al. Achaete-scute complex homologue 2 accelerates the development of Sjögren's syndrome-like disease in the NOD/ShiLtJ mouse. Immunol Lett. 2017;190:26-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Ascl2 may play a role in the development and progression of SS and may be a therapeutic target in the treatment of SS. ..
- Lee S, Kwon J, Kim S, Jung K, Cho M. Interferon-gamma regulates inflammatory cell death by targeting necroptosis in experimental autoimmune arthritis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:10133 pubmed publisher..IFN-γ deficiency induced the activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3. These results suggest that IFN-γ regulates inflammatory cell death and may have potential for use in the treatment of RA. ..
- Lee S, Kim E, Kwon J, Lee J, Lee D, Kim S, et al. Ssu72 attenuates autoimmune arthritis via targeting of STAT3 signaling and Th17 activation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5506 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, Ssu72 is related to STAT3 activation and the inflammatory response; and Ssu72 overexpression in T-cell-mediated immunity has potential utility for the treatment of autoimmune arthritis. ..
- Lee E, Kwon J, Park M, Jung K, Kim D, Kim E, et al. Ursodeoxycholic acid attenuates experimental autoimmune arthritis by targeting Th17 and inducing pAMPK and transcriptional corepressor SMILE. Immunol Lett. 2017;188:1-8 pubmed publisher..In the present study, the therapeutic effect of UDCA inducing SMILE through AMPK activation in rheumatoid arthritis mouse as well as other autoimmune disease was proposed. ..
- Lee S, Jhun J, Byun J, Kim E, Jung K, Lee J, et al. IL-17 axis accelerates the inflammatory progression of obese in mice via TBK1 and IKBKE pathway. Immunol Lett. 2017;184:67-75 pubmed publisher..As well, the inhibition of TBK1 reduces inflammation induced by IL-17. Therefore, IL-17 may be involved in the development of obesity and metabolic dysfunction in a TBK1-dependent manner. ..
- Park J, Kim S, Jung K, Lee J, Kwok S, Cho M, et al. Inhibition of the TWEAK/Fn14 pathway attenuates autoimmune arthritis in a SKG mouse model. Histol Histopathol. 2017;32:481-490 pubmed publisher..These results implicate TWEAK as a potential molecular target for treatment or prevention of inflammatory arthritis and autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Lee S, Moon S, Park M, Kim E, Moon Y, Cho M. PIAS3 suppresses acute graft-versus-host disease by modulating effector T and B cell subsets through inhibition of STAT3 activation. Immunol Lett. 2014;160:79-88 pubmed publisher..These data suggest the therapeutic potential of PIAS3 in the development of aGVHD through reciprocal regulation of Th17/Treg lineages. ..