Affiliation: Sungkyunkwan University
- Kim S, Jang Y, Park B, Yim J, Lee H, Rhee D, et al. Ramalin inhibits differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes and suppresses adiposity and body weight in a high-fat diet-fed C57BL/6J mice. Chem Biol Interact. 2016;257:71-80 pubmed publisher..The present study also provides insight into the mechanisms underlying the anti-obesity activity of ramalin and suggests that ramalin has the potential to prevent obesity. ..
- Kim K, Kim J, Kwak J, Kim B, Pyo S. Different apoptotic effects of saxifragifolin C in human breast cancer cells. Arch Pharm Res. 2016;39:577-589 pubmed publisher..Thus, Saxi C is a potential chemotherapeutic agent in breast cancer. ..
- Lee H, Lee C, Rhee D, Um S, Pyo S. Sinigrin inhibits production of inflammatory mediators by suppressing NF-?B/MAPK pathways or NLRP3 inflammasome activation in macrophages. Int Immunopharmacol. 2017;45:163-173 pubmed publisher..Our findings also provide evidence that the pharmacological modulation of sinigrin could have an anti-inflammatory effect. ..
- Kwon I, Kim J, Rhee D, Kim B, Pyo S. Pneumolysin induces cellular senescence by increasing ROS production and activation of MAPK/NF-?B signal pathway in glial cells. Toxicon. 2017;129:100-112 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results suggest that PLY regulates microglial cellular senescence by enhancing production of reactive oxygen species, activation of MAPK and NF-?B, and phosphorylation of SIRT-1. ..
- Jang Y, Park B, Lee H, Park H, Koo H, Kim B, et al. Sinigrin attenuates the progression of atherosclerosis in ApoE-/- mice fed a high-cholesterol diet potentially by inhibiting VCAM-1 expression. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;272:28-36 pubmed publisher..Overall, sinigrin has the potential to be used in reducing the risks of atherosclerosis. ..
- Koo H, Lee S, Chang K, Sohn E, Sohn E, Kang S, et al. Hepatic anti-inflammatory effect of hexane extracts of Dioscorea batatas Decne: Possible suppression of toll-like receptor 4-mediated signaling. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;92:157-167 pubmed publisher..Taken together, EDH-1e and EDH-2b attenuated hepatic inflammation and fibrosis via suppression of the TLR4-AP1-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Kim J, Lee H, Rhee D, Paton J, Pyo S. Pneumolysin-induced autophagy contributes to inhibition of osteoblast differentiation through downregulation of Sp1 in human osteosarcoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. 2017;1861:2663-2673 pubmed publisher..This study proposes a molecular mechanism for inhibition of osteoblast differentiation in response to PLY. ..