Woong Yang Park
Affiliation: Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine
- Cha S, Kang J, Lee J, Kim J, Kim H, Yang Y, et al. Impact of Genetic Variants on the Individual Potential for Body Fat Loss. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, we suggest a platform for personalized body fat management by providing the most suitable and effective nutrition or activity plan specific to an individual. ..
- Kim K, Lee H, Lee H, Song H, Jeong D, Shin S, et al. Application of single-cell RNA sequencing in optimizing a combinatorial therapeutic strategy in metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Genome Biol. 2016;17:80 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate the investigational application of single-cell RNA-seq in the design of an anticancer regimen. The approach may overcome intratumoral heterogeneity which hampers the success of precision medicine. ..
- Yoo C, Moon H, Kim Y, Park J, Park D, Han K, et al. Highly dense, optically inactive silica microbeads for the isolation and identification of circulating tumor cells. Biomaterials. 2016;75:271-278 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the isolation method described in this report constitutes a powerful tool for the isolation of CTCs from whole blood, which has important applications in clinical practice. ..
- Park G, Park J, Shin S, Jeon H, Kim N, Kim Y, et al. Characterization of background noise in capture-based targeted sequencing data. Genome Biol. 2017;18:136 pubmed publisher..This information will be invaluable to drive technical improvements in this sequencing method, and may increase the future usage of targeted deep sequencing methods for low-allelic fraction variant detection. ..
- Lee C, Bae J, Ryu G, Kim N, Park D, Chung J, et al. A Method to Evaluate the Quality of Clinical Gene-Panel Sequencing Data for Single-Nucleotide Variant Detection. J Mol Diagn. 2017;19:651-658 pubmed publisher..The pass rate scoring method proposed in this study provides an appropriate QC response variable for the customized panel, which strengthens the reliability of calls on clinically relevant variants implicated in clinical reports. ..
- Cho S, Bae J, Kim N, Forzano F, Girisha K, Baldo C, et al. BGN Mutations in X-Linked Spondyloepimetaphyseal Dysplasia. Am J Hum Genet. 2016;98:1243-1248 pubmed publisher..The observation of recurrent BGN mutations in XLR SEMD individuals from different ethnic backgrounds allows us to define "XLR SEMD, BGN type" as a nosologic entity. ..
- Kim K, Lee H, Lee H, Kim S, Seo Y, Chung W, et al. Single-cell mRNA sequencing identifies subclonal heterogeneity in anti-cancer drug responses of lung adenocarcinoma cells. Genome Biol. 2015;16:127 pubmed publisher..Thus, single-cell RNA-seq is a powerful approach for identifying unique tumor cell-specific gene expression profiles which could facilitate the development of optimized clinical anti-cancer strategies. ..
- Shin H, Choi Y, Yun J, Kim N, Kim S, Jeon H, et al. Prevalence and detection of low-allele-fraction variants in clinical cancer samples. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1377 pubmed publisher..These results show that capturing low VAF mutations at hotspots by sufficient sequencing coverage and carefully tuned algorithms is imperative for a clinical assay. ..
- Park G, Gim J, Kim A, Han K, Kim H, Oh S, et al. Multiphasic analysis of whole exome sequencing data identifies a novel mutation of ACTG1 in a nonsyndromic hearing loss family. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:191 pubmed publisher..Our stepwise, multiphasic approach enabled us to expedite the discovery of disease-causing variants from a large number of patient variants. ..
- Oh D, Jung K, Song J, Kim S, Shin S, Kwon Y, et al. Precision medicine approaches to lung adenocarcinoma with concomitant MET and HER2 amplification. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:535 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we suggest that MET and EGFR inhibitor-based therapy can be used to treat MET and HER2-overexpressing lung cancers, without receptor tyrosine kinase /RAS/RAF pathway alterations. ..