Jong In Park
Affiliation: Sunchon National University
- Khatun K, Robin A, Park J, Ahmed N, Kim C, Lim K, et al. Genome-wide identification, characterization and expression profiling of LIM family genes in Solanum lycopersicum L. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2016;108:177-190 pubmed publisher..Our results will be useful for functional analysis of LIM genes during fruit development in tomato plants under different abiotic stresses. ..
- Vijayakumar H, Thamilarasan S, Shanmugam A, Natarajan S, Jung H, Park J, et al. Glutathione Transferases Superfamily: Cold-Inducible Expression of Distinct GST Genes in Brassica oleracea. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Overall, BoGSTU19, BoGSTU24, BoGSTF10 are candidate genes highly expressed in B. oleracea. Further investigation of GST superfamily in B. oleracea will aid in understanding complex mechanism underlying cold tolerance in plants. ..
- Biswas M, Nath U, Howlader J, Bagchi M, Natarajan S, Kayum M, et al. Exploration and Exploitation of Novel SSR Markers for Candidate Transcription Factor Genes in Lilium Species. Genes (Basel). 2018;9: pubmed publisher..Thus, our newly developed TFSSR markers represent a powerful tool for large-scale genotyping, high-density and comparative mapping, marker-aided backcrossing, and molecular diversity analysis of Lilium sp. ..
- Natarajan S, Thamilarasan S, Park J, Chung M, Nou I. Molecular Modeling of Myrosinase from Brassica oleracea: A Structural Investigation of Sinigrin Interaction. Genes (Basel). 2015;6:1315-29 pubmed publisher..This conceptual model should be useful for understanding the structural features of myrosinase and their binding orientation with sinigrin. ..
- Manoharan R, Han J, Vijayakumar H, Subramani B, Thamilarasan S, Park J, et al. Molecular and Functional Characterization of FLOWERING LOCUS T Homologs in Allium cepa. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..In addition, AcFT4 and AcFT7 could be involved in establishing the difference in timing of bulb maturity between the two contrasting onion lines. ..
- Sumi K, Kim S, Howlader J, Lee W, Choi K, Kim H, et al. Molecular Cloning and Characterization of Carbonic Anhydrase XII from Pufferfish (Takifugu rubripes). Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..55 Å resolution as a template. Semi-quantitative reverse transcription (RT)-PCR, quantitative PCR (q-PCR), and in situ hybridization confirmed that pufferfish CA XII is highly expressed in the brain. ..
- Hossain M, Kim H, Shanmugam A, Nath U, Goswami G, Song J, et al. Expression Profiling of Regulatory and Biosynthetic Genes in Contrastingly Anthocyanin Rich Strawberry (Fragaria × ananassa) Cultivars Reveals Key Genetic Determinants of Fruit Color. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Identification of these key genetic determinants of anthocyanin regulation and biosynthesis in Korean cultivars will be helpful in designing crop improvement programs. ..
- Abdul Kayum M, Nath U, Park J, Biswas M, Choi E, Song J, et al. Genome-Wide Identification, Characterization, and Expression Profiling of Glutathione S-Transferase (GST) Family in Pumpkin Reveals Likely Role in Cold-Stress Tolerance. Genes (Basel). 2018;9: pubmed publisher..These results increase our understanding of the cold-stress-related functions of the GST family, as well as potentially enhancing pumpkin breeding programs. ..
- Saha G, Park J, Jung H, Ahmed N, Kayum M, Chung M, et al. Genome-wide identification and characterization of MADS-box family genes related to organ development and stress resistance in Brassica rapa. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:178 pubmed publisher..rapa. ..
- Jin S, Rahim M, Kim H, Park J, Kang J, Nou I. Molecular analysis of anthocyanin-related genes in ornamental cabbage. Genome. 2017;: pubmed publisher..1 and BoMYC1.2 as bHLH and BoTTG1 as WDR were identified as candidates for the regulation of anthocyanin biosynthesis. This work could be useful for the breeding of novel colorful ornamental cabbage cultivars...
- Sumi K, Kim S, Natarajan S, Choi K, Choi M, Kim H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of secretory carbonic anhydrase VI in pufferfish (Takifugu rubripes). Gene. 2018;640:57-65 pubmed publisher..Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (PCR), quantitative PCR and in situ hybridization results revealed that, the pufferfish CA VI is highly expressed in liver tissue...
- Laila R, Park J, Robin A, Yang K, Choi G, Nou I. Reply to the Letter to the Editor by A. Schwelm and S. Neuhauser: "Detection of Ribosomal DNA Sequence Polymorphisms in the Protist Plasmodiophora brassicae for the Identification of Geographical Isolates". Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..1] would like thank to the readers (A. Schwelm and S. Neuhauser) for submitting a letter requesting the authors to correct ribosomal DNA (rDNA) sequences of 11 Korean Plasmodiophora bassicae isolates at the 3'-end.[...]. ..
- Khatun K, Robin A, Park J, Nath U, Kim C, Lim K, et al. Molecular Characterization and Expression Profiling of Tomato GRF Transcription Factor Family Genes in Response to Abiotic Stresses and Phytohormones. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide a basis for further functional analysis and characterization of this important gene family in tomato. ..
- Laila R, Robin A, Yang K, Choi G, Park J, Nou I. Detection of Ribosomal DNA Sequence Polymorphisms in the Protist Plasmodiophora brassicae for the Identification of Geographical Isolates. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..A combination of three markers was able to distinguish the geographical isolates into two groups. ..
- Yi G, Robin A, Yang K, Park J, Hwang B, Nou I. Exogenous Methyl Jasmonate and Salicylic Acid Induce Subspecies-Specific Patterns of Glucosinolate Accumulation and Gene Expression in Brassica oleracea L. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed..oleracea subspecies. These results promote efforts to develop genotypes of B. oleracea and other species with enhanced levels of desired glucosinolates. ..
- Kayum M, Park J, Nath U, Saha G, Biswas M, Kim H, et al. Genome-wide characterization and expression profiling of PDI family gene reveals function as abiotic and biotic stress tolerance in Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa ssp. pekinensis). BMC Genomics. 2017;18:885 pubmed publisher..The stress-responsive PDI genes could be potential resources for molecular breeding of Brassica crops resistant to biotic and abiotic stresses. ..
- Khatun K, Nath U, Robin A, Park J, Lee D, Kim M, et al. Genome-wide analysis and expression profiling of zinc finger homeodomain (ZHD) family genes reveal likely roles in organ development and stress responses in tomato. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:695 pubmed publisher..Our findings represent a valuable resource for further analysis to explore the biological functions of tomato ZHD genes. ..