Ill Sup Nou
Affiliation: Sunchon National University
- Abuyusuf M, Robin A, Kim H, Islam M, Park J, Nou I. Altered Glucosinolate Profiles and Expression of Glucosinolate Biosynthesis Genes in Ringspot-Resistant and Susceptible Cabbage Lines. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..brassicicola in cabbage. ..
- Yi G, Robin A, Yang K, Park J, Kang J, Yang T, et al. Identification and expression analysis of glucosinolate biosynthetic genes and estimation of glucosinolate contents in edible organs of Brassica oleracea subspecies. Molecules. 2015;20:13089-111 pubmed publisher..A further detailed investigation and analyses is required to discern the precise roles of each of the genes for aliphatic and indolic glucosinolate biosynthesis in the edible organs. ..
- Saha G, Park J, Jung H, Ahmed N, Kayum M, Kang J, et al. Molecular characterization of BZR transcription factor family and abiotic stress induced expression profiling in Brassica rapa. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2015;92:92-104 pubmed publisher..Thus, the findings would be helpful in resolving the complex regulatory mechanism of BZRs in stress resistance and further functional genomics study of these potential TFs in different Brassica crops. ..
- Afrin K, Rahim M, Park J, Natarajan S, Kim H, Nou I. Identification of NBS-encoding genes linked to black rot resistance in cabbage (Brassica oleracea var. capitata). Mol Biol Rep. 2018;45:773-785 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of these genes promises to yield both practical benefits, such as molecular markers for marker-assisted breeding, and fundamental insights to the mechanisms of resistance to black rot in cabbage. ..
- Kim Y, Jung H, Park J, Hur Y, Nou I. Response of NBS encoding resistance genes linked to both heat and fungal stress in Brassica oleracea. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2015;86:130-6 pubmed publisher..The results of this study will facilitate the identification and the development of molecular markers based on multiple stress resistance genes related to heat and fungal stress under field conditions in B. oleracea. ..
- Hossain M, Kim H, Shanmugam A, Nath U, Goswami G, Song J, et al. Expression Profiling of Regulatory and Biosynthetic Genes in Contrastingly Anthocyanin Rich Strawberry (Fragaria × ananassa) Cultivars Reveals Key Genetic Determinants of Fruit Color. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Identification of these key genetic determinants of anthocyanin regulation and biosynthesis in Korean cultivars will be helpful in designing crop improvement programs. ..
- Khatun K, Robin A, Park J, Ahmed N, Kim C, Lim K, et al. Genome-wide identification, characterization and expression profiling of LIM family genes in Solanum lycopersicum L. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2016;108:177-190 pubmed publisher..Our results will be useful for functional analysis of LIM genes during fruit development in tomato plants under different abiotic stresses. ..
- Vijayakumar H, Thamilarasan S, Shanmugam A, Natarajan S, Jung H, Park J, et al. Glutathione Transferases Superfamily: Cold-Inducible Expression of Distinct GST Genes in Brassica oleracea. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Overall, BoGSTU19, BoGSTU24, BoGSTF10 are candidate genes highly expressed in B. oleracea. Further investigation of GST superfamily in B. oleracea will aid in understanding complex mechanism underlying cold tolerance in plants. ..
- Abdul Kayum M, Nath U, Park J, Biswas M, Choi E, Song J, et al. Genome-Wide Identification, Characterization, and Expression Profiling of Glutathione S-Transferase (GST) Family in Pumpkin Reveals Likely Role in Cold-Stress Tolerance. Genes (Basel). 2018;9: pubmed publisher..These results increase our understanding of the cold-stress-related functions of the GST family, as well as potentially enhancing pumpkin breeding programs. ..
- Biswas M, Nath U, Howlader J, Bagchi M, Natarajan S, Kayum M, et al. Exploration and Exploitation of Novel SSR Markers for Candidate Transcription Factor Genes in Lilium Species. Genes (Basel). 2018;9: pubmed publisher..Thus, our newly developed TFSSR markers represent a powerful tool for large-scale genotyping, high-density and comparative mapping, marker-aided backcrossing, and molecular diversity analysis of Lilium sp. ..
- Robin A, Yi G, Laila R, Yang K, Park J, Kim H, et al. Expression Profiling of Glucosinolate Biosynthetic Genes in Brassica oleracea L. var. capitata Inbred Lines Reveals Their Association with Glucosinolate Content. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..The reason for the genotypic variation in gene expression and glucosinolate accumulation is a subject of further investigation. ..
- Khatun K, Robin A, Park J, Kim C, Lim K, Kim M, et al. Genome-Wide Identification, Characterization and Expression Profiling of ADF Family Genes in Solanum lycopersicum L. Genes (Basel). 2016;7: pubmed..Our results will be helpful for the functional characterization of ADF genes during organ and fruit development of tomato under different stresses. ..
- Natarajan S, Thamilarasan S, Park J, Chung M, Nou I. Molecular Modeling of Myrosinase from Brassica oleracea: A Structural Investigation of Sinigrin Interaction. Genes (Basel). 2015;6:1315-29 pubmed publisher..This conceptual model should be useful for understanding the structural features of myrosinase and their binding orientation with sinigrin. ..
- Yang K, Robin A, Yi G, Lee J, Chung M, Yang T, et al. Diversity and Inheritance of Intergenic Spacer Sequences of 45S Ribosomal DNA among Accessions of Brassica oleracea L. var. capitata. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:28783-99 pubmed publisher..In addition, this study represents the first report of intra-specific (within subspecies) variation of the 45S IGS in B. oleracea. ..
- Kang S, Hwang I, Goswami G, Jung H, Nath U, Yoo H, et al. Molecular Insights Reveal Psy1, SGR, and SlMYB12 Genes are Associated with Diverse Fruit Color Pigments in Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.). Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..These newly-designed DNA-based markers can be used for selecting desired fruit color genotypes within adapted breeding materials and cultivars for breeding. ..
- Sumi K, Kim S, Howlader J, Lee W, Choi K, Kim H, et al. Molecular Cloning and Characterization of Carbonic Anhydrase XII from Pufferfish (Takifugu rubripes). Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..55 Å resolution as a template. Semi-quantitative reverse transcription (RT)-PCR, quantitative PCR (q-PCR), and in situ hybridization confirmed that pufferfish CA XII is highly expressed in the brain. ..
- Manoharan R, Han J, Vijayakumar H, Subramani B, Thamilarasan S, Park J, et al. Molecular and Functional Characterization of FLOWERING LOCUS T Homologs in Allium cepa. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..In addition, AcFT4 and AcFT7 could be involved in establishing the difference in timing of bulb maturity between the two contrasting onion lines. ..
- Sumi K, Nou I, Kho K. Identification and expression of a novel carbonic anhydrase isozyme in the pufferfish Takifugu vermicularis. Gene. 2016;588:173-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the pCAn isozyme might be related to CA IV-like isozymes. Further functional studies are needed to investigate the function of the pCAn isozyme in T. vermicularis. ..
- Laila R, Park J, Robin A, Yang K, Choi G, Nou I. Reply to the Letter to the Editor by A. Schwelm and S. Neuhauser: "Detection of Ribosomal DNA Sequence Polymorphisms in the Protist Plasmodiophora brassicae for the Identification of Geographical Isolates". Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..1] would like thank to the readers (A. Schwelm and S. Neuhauser) for submitting a letter requesting the authors to correct ribosomal DNA (rDNA) sequences of 11 Korean Plasmodiophora bassicae isolates at the 3'-end.[...]. ..
- Jin S, Rahim M, Kim H, Park J, Kang J, Nou I. Molecular analysis of anthocyanin-related genes in ornamental cabbage. Genome. 2017;: pubmed publisher..1 and BoMYC1.2 as bHLH and BoTTG1 as WDR were identified as candidates for the regulation of anthocyanin biosynthesis. This work could be useful for the breeding of novel colorful ornamental cabbage cultivars...
- Sumi K, Kim S, Natarajan S, Choi K, Choi M, Kim H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of secretory carbonic anhydrase VI in pufferfish (Takifugu rubripes). Gene. 2018;640:57-65 pubmed publisher..Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (PCR), quantitative PCR and in situ hybridization results revealed that, the pufferfish CA VI is highly expressed in liver tissue...
- Rahim M, Robin A, Natarajan S, Jung H, Lee J, Kim H, et al. Identification and Characterization of Anthocyanin Biosynthesis-Related Genes in Kohlrabi. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2018;184:1120-1141 pubmed publisher..The expression of BoACO1, a key gene for ethylene biosynthesis, and BoNCED3, an important gene of the ABA pathway, was down- and upregulated, respectively, in the peel of purple kohlrabi. ..
- Thamilarasan S, Park J, Jung H, Nou I. Genome-wide analysis of the distribution of AP2/ERF transcription factors reveals duplication and CBFs genes elucidate their potential function in Brassica oleracea. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:422 pubmed publisher..oleracea is required to fully elucidate AP2/ERF, which will provide rich resources and opportunities to understand abiotic stress tolerance in crops. ..
- Khatun K, Robin A, Park J, Nath U, Kim C, Lim K, et al. Molecular Characterization and Expression Profiling of Tomato GRF Transcription Factor Family Genes in Response to Abiotic Stresses and Phytohormones. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide a basis for further functional analysis and characterization of this important gene family in tomato. ..
- Kayum M, Park J, Nath U, Biswas M, Kim H, Nou I. Genome-wide expression profiling of aquaporin genes confer responses to abiotic and biotic stresses in Brassica rapa. BMC Plant Biol. 2017;17:23 pubmed publisher..rapa and details the expression of 22 members of the BrPIP subfamily. These results provide insight into stress-related biological functions of each PIP gene of the AQP family, which will promote B. rapa breeding programs. ..
- Yi G, Robin A, Yang K, Park J, Hwang B, Nou I. Exogenous Methyl Jasmonate and Salicylic Acid Induce Subspecies-Specific Patterns of Glucosinolate Accumulation and Gene Expression in Brassica oleracea L. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed..oleracea subspecies. These results promote efforts to develop genotypes of B. oleracea and other species with enhanced levels of desired glucosinolates. ..
- Saha G, Park J, Jung H, Ahmed N, Kayum M, Chung M, et al. Genome-wide identification and characterization of MADS-box family genes related to organ development and stress resistance in Brassica rapa. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:178 pubmed publisher..rapa. ..
- Lee J, Izzah N, Jayakodi M, Perumal S, Joh H, Lee H, et al. Genome-wide SNP identification and QTL mapping for black rot resistance in cabbage. BMC Plant Biol. 2015;15:32 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identified novel QTLs for black rot resistance. The high-density genetic map will promote QTL analysis for other important agricultural traits and marker-assisted breeding of B. oleracea. ..
- Ahmed N, Park J, Jung H, Yang T, Hur Y, Nou I. Characterization of dihydroflavonol 4-reductase (DFR) genes and their association with cold and freezing stress in Brassica rapa. Gene. 2014;550:46-55 pubmed publisher..These findings may also facilitate exploration of the molecular mechanism that regulates anthocyanin biosynthesis and its response to abiotic stresses. ..
- Park J, Ahmed N, Jung H, Arasan S, Chung M, Cho Y, et al. Identification and characterization of LIM gene family in Brassica rapa. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:641 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of this study indicate that BrLIM and BrDAR genes may be involved in resistance against biotic and abiotic stresses in Brassica. ..
- Laila R, Robin A, Yang K, Choi G, Park J, Nou I. Detection of Ribosomal DNA Sequence Polymorphisms in the Protist Plasmodiophora brassicae for the Identification of Geographical Isolates. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..A combination of three markers was able to distinguish the geographical isolates into two groups. ..
- Kayum M, Park J, Nath U, Saha G, Biswas M, Kim H, et al. Genome-wide characterization and expression profiling of PDI family gene reveals function as abiotic and biotic stress tolerance in Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa ssp. pekinensis). BMC Genomics. 2017;18:885 pubmed publisher..The stress-responsive PDI genes could be potential resources for molecular breeding of Brassica crops resistant to biotic and abiotic stresses. ..
- Khatun K, Nath U, Robin A, Park J, Lee D, Kim M, et al. Genome-wide analysis and expression profiling of zinc finger homeodomain (ZHD) family genes reveal likely roles in organ development and stress responses in tomato. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:695 pubmed publisher..Our findings represent a valuable resource for further analysis to explore the biological functions of tomato ZHD genes. ..