Hyeun Kyoo Shin
- Shin H, Jeong S, Huang D, Kang B, Lee M. Usage patterns and adverse experiences in traditional Korean medicine: results of a survey in South Korea. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:340 pubmed publisher..Policies and regulations are required to enhance the reporting of adverse experiences not only for herbal medicines but also for traditional medicinal therapies. ..
- Ha H, Lee H, Seo C, Lim H, Lee J, Lee M, et al. Artemisia capillaris inhibits atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in Dermatophagoides farinae-sensitized Nc/Nga mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:100 pubmed publisher..5 fold) and IgE (1.4 fold). Our results suggest that AC should be explored as a potential therapeutic agent to treat atopic dermatitis and analysis by HPLC will help to improve the quality of AC. ..
- Jeon W, Shin H, Shin I, Kim S, Lee M. Soshiho-tang water extract inhibits ovalbumin-induced airway inflammation via the regulation of heme oxygenase-1. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:329 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SSTW may be used as a valuable therapeutic agent for treating various inflammatory diseases including allergic asthma. ..
- Shin I, Lee M, Ha H, Seo C, Shin H. Inhibitory effect of Yukmijihwang-tang, a traditional herbal formula against testosterone-induced benign prostatic hyperplasia in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:48 pubmed..Histomorphology also showed that YJT inhibited TP-induced prostatic hyperplasia. These findings indicate that YJT effectively inhibited the development of BPH and might be a useful drug clinically. ..
- Lee M, Seo C, Kim J, Shin H. Evaluation of a water extract of So-Cheong-Ryong-Tang for acute toxicity and genotoxicity using in vitro and in vivo tests. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:235 pubmed publisher..These results suggest further genotoxic testing of SCRT, such as a comet assay, to ascertain its generally recognized safety. ..
- Jeong S, Huh J, Shin H. Cytotoxicity and sub-acute toxicity in Crl:CD (SD) rats of traditional herbal formula Ojeok-san. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:38 pubmed publisher..In addition, OJS had no cytotoxicity against all tested cells. Collectively, our data indicate that OJS may be a safe drug although additional studies in the near future will be required before clinical trials can be taken. ..
- Seo C, Kim O, Kim Y, Shin H. Simultaneous quantification and inhibitory effect on LDL oxidation of the traditional Korean medicine, Leejung-tang. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:3 pubmed publisher..7 ?g/mL). Furthermore LJT reduced the fragmentation of ApoB of oxLDL in a dose-dependent manner. The established HPLC-PDA method will be helpful to improve quality control of LJT. In addition, LJT is a potential LDL oxidation inhibitor. ..
- Seo C, Shin H. HPLC-PDA Method for Simultaneous Determination of Nine Marker Components in Banhasasim-Tang. J Chromatogr Sci. 2016;54:299-304 pubmed publisher..65 to 103.22% with relative standard deviation (RSD) values <1.25%. The RSDs of intraday and interday precision were <1.13 and 1.83%, respectively. The concentrations of the nine marker constituents were 0.19-41.09 mg/g. ..
- Lee M, Seo C, Kim Y, Shin H. Safety assessment of Guibi-tang: Subchronic toxicity study in Crl:CD SD rats. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;73:485-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the no-observed-adverse-effect level in rats was established for GBT at 2000 mg/kg/day under the conditions of this study. ..
- Park E, Lee M, Seo C, Jeon W, Shin H. Yongdamsagan-tang, a traditional herbal formula, inhibits cell growth through the suppression of proliferation and inflammation in benign prostatic hyperplasia epithelial-1 cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;209:230-235 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study will enhance our understanding of the mechanisms underlying the effect of YSTE in BPH. ..
- Seo C, Kim O, Kim J, Shin H. Simultaneous quantification and antiatherosclerosis effect of the traditional Korean medicine, Hwangryunhaedok-tang. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:108 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that HHT has antiatherosclerotic activity and that it functions by modulating LDL oxidation and VSMC proliferation. The effects of HHT may be attributed, at least I part, to compound 2. ..
- Lee M, Seo C, Kim J, Shin H. Genotoxicity evaluation of Guibi-Tang extract using an in vitro bacterial reverse mutation assay, chromosome aberration assay, and in vivo micronucleus test. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:215 pubmed publisher..However, as we did not identify the components of GBT responsible for these effects, other assays are needed to confirm its genotoxicity. ..
- Lim H, Ha H, Lee H, Lee J, Lee M, Shin H. Morus alba L. suppresses the development of atopic dermatitis induced by the house dust mite in NC/Nga mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:139 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MAE has potent inhibitory effects on atopic dermatitis-like lesion and may be a beneficial natural resource for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. ..
- Lee M, Seo C, Kim J, Shin H. Genotoxicity evaluation of Oryeong-san water extract using in vitro and in vivo tests. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:273 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, under the current test conditions, ORSE seems safe for use; however, other genotoxicity tests (e.g. sister-chromatid exchange or Comet) or chronic toxicity tests are warranted. ..
- Lee M, Seo C, Ha H, Park E, Kim J, Shin H. The genotoxicity of an aqueous extract of Gyejibokryeong-hwan. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:21 pubmed publisher..Thus, further detailed experiments would be needed to clarify the compound responsible for inducing this genotoxicity of GJBRHE and to determine its mechanism. ..
- Jeon W, Shin I, Shin H, Lee M. Samsoeum water extract attenuates allergic airway inflammation via modulation of Th1/Th2 cytokines and decrease of iNOS expression in asthmatic mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:47 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that, because of its anti-inflammatory and antiasthma properties, SSEW may be useful in reducing airway inflammation in the treatment of allergic asthma. ..
- Park E, Lee M, Seo C, Yoo S, Jeon W, Shin H. Acute and subacute toxicity of an ethanolic extract of Melandrii Herba in Crl:CD sprague dawley rats and cytotoxicity of the extract in vitro. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:370 pubmed..MHEE showed no cytotoxic effects on either normal prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia cell lines. Administration of MHEE in Crl:CD Spradgue Dawley rats is nontoxic and is safe for at least a month. ..
- Oh S, Park G, Lee S, Seo C, Shin H, Oh D. Assessing the recovery from prerenal and renal acute kidney injury after treatment with single herbal medicine via activity of the biomarkers HMGB1, NGAL and KIM-1 in kidney proximal tubular cells treated by cisplatin with different doses and exposur. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:544 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, an in vivo proof-of-concept study is needed. ..
- Shin I, Lee M, Kim Y, Seo C, Kim J, Shin H. Subacute toxicity and stability of Soshiho-tang, a traditional herbal formula, in Sprague-Dawley rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:266 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that SST may be a safe material. Based on these results, the no-observed-adverse-effect level was more than 2000 mg/kg for both genders. ..
- Jeon W, Kim O, Seo C, Jin S, Kim J, Shin H, et al. Inhibitory effects of Ponciri Fructus on testosterone-induced benign prostatic hyperplasia in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:384 pubmed publisher..Moreover, PFE showed a weak inhibitory activity on 5?-reductase. These results suggest that PFE may be used as a therapeutic agent for BPH via antiproliferative and antioxidant effects. ..