Yeong Wook Song
Affiliation: Seoul National University
- Chung S, Ha Y, Kang E, Lee Y, Song Y. The psychosocial status of the family members of rheumatoid arthritis patients in Korea. Rheumatol Int. 2016;36:719-24 pubmed publisher..Our data show that the family members of RA patients have an increased prevalence of stress and depression. Physicians who treat RA patients should also consider the needs and the burden of family members. ..
- Shin K, Park S, Park W, Baek H, Lee Y, Kang S, et al. Monthly Oral Ibandronate Reduces Bone Loss in Korean Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteopenia Receiving Long-term Glucocorticoids: A 48-week Double-blinded Randomized Placebo-controlled Investigator-initiated Trial. Clin Ther. 2017;39:268-278.e2 pubmed publisher..Longer follow-up studies are needed to investigate the benefit of ibandronate on fracture rate reduction in this subset of patients. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01287533. ..
- Park J, Kim J, Moon J, Ahn E, Lee E, Lee E, et al. Altered lipoproteins in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus are associated with augmented oxidative stress: a potential role in atherosclerosis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:306 pubmed publisher..001). Lipoproteins from SLE patients exhibited greater oxidative potential, which might contribute to accelerated atherosclerosis in SLE. ..
- Kang E, Lee S, Ascherman D, Lee Y, Lee E, Lee E, et al. Temporal relationship between cancer and myositis identifies two distinctive subgroups of cancers: impact on cancer risk and survival in patients with myositis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2016;55:1631-41 pubmed publisher..Multiple types of cancers showed elevated SIRs among CAM, but none among CNM. Given that cancer stages in CAM were far advanced at diagnosis, mortality risk was greater in patients with CAM. ..
- Lee J, Park J, Lee E, Lee E, Song Y. Circulating exosomes from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus induce an proinflammatory immune response. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:264 pubmed..846, p?=?0.008). The circulating exosomes are immunologically active and their levels correlate with disease activity in SLE patients. The circulating exosomes might serve as novel biomarkers of SLE disease activity. ..
- Kim J, Lee E, Lee E, Lee Y, Yoo H, Choi J, et al. Atorvastatin inhibits osteoclastogenesis by decreasing the expression of RANKL in the synoviocytes of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R187 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that atorvastatin inhibits osteoclastogenesis and bone destruction in RA patients. ..
- Kim J, Choi J, Park S, Yang S, Park J, Shin K, et al. Therapeutic effect of anti-C-X-C motif chemokine 10 (CXCL10) antibody on C protein-induced myositis mouse. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R126 pubmed publisher..625 vs. anti-RVG1 treatment group, 1.25, P?=?0.007). CXCL10/CXCR3 expression was increased in the inflammation of CIM model and its blockade suppressed inflammation in muscle. ..
- Oh B, Suh D, Bae D, Ha N, Choi Y, Yoo H, et al. Therapeutic effect of a novel histone deacetylase 6 inhibitor, CKD-L, on collagen-induced arthritis in vivo and regulatory T cells in rheumatoid arthritis in vitro. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:154 pubmed publisher..CKD-L increased CTLA-4 expression and the suppressive function of Treg cells. These results suggest that CKD-L may have a beneficial effect in the treatment of RA. ..
- Park J, Mecoli C, Alexanderson H, Regardt M, Christopher Stine L, Casal Domínguez M, et al. Advancing the Development of Patient-reported Outcomes for Adult Myositis at OMERACT 2016: An International Delphi Study. J Rheumatol. 2017;44:1683-1687 pubmed publisher..At the next biennial OMERACT meeting, we aim to present and seek voting on a Myositis Preliminary PRO Core Set to enable ultimate measure selection and development. ..
- Go D, Shin K, Baek H, Kang S, Kang Y, Jun J, et al. Pivotal factors for successful withdrawal of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in rheumatoid arthritis patients in remission or with low-disease activity. Clin Rheumatol. 2018;37:307-314 pubmed publisher..014) and sustained effectiveness (OR 0.284, 95% CI 0.091-0.883, p = 0.030). Joint pain in RA patients in remission or with LDA can be well managed without NSAIDs, especially in those without swollen joints at the time of cessation. ..
- Kang E, Kim S, Park M, Choi J, Choi I, Kim M, et al. Behçet's disease risk association fine-mapped on the IL23R-IL12RB2 intergenic region in Koreans. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:227 pubmed publisher..BD susceptibility association was fine-mapped on the intergenic region between IL23R and IL12RB2 as marked by three correlated SNPs, rs1495965, rs1495966, and rs4655535. ..
- Lee S, Kang S, Kang E, Choi B, Masek Hammerman K, Syed J, et al. CXCL10/CXCR3 axis is associated with disease activity and the development of mucocutaneous lesions in patients with Behçet's disease. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14720 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the CXCL10/CXCR3 axis may contribute to the pathogenesis of BD. ..
- Kim H, Song Y. ANCA-associated vasculitis: report from Korea. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2013;17:708-711 pubmed publisher..The data provided here may need to be confirmed in large-scale studies...
- Song Y, Kang E. Autoantibodies in rheumatoid arthritis: rheumatoid factors and anticitrullinated protein antibodies. QJM. 2010;103:139-46 pubmed publisher..This review presents and discusses the current state of the art regarding RF and ACPA in RA. ..